This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not posted in here for a while...

Almost done with this ship. the Bridge still needs a lot of work and i wanna complete the internal layout. I do like the lighting set up on the ship...

----

Another file that is all but complete... Been trying to do a Fighter for a while, tried out a number of different designs and, while a couple have been good, none have really worked for me...

Till this one.

Like the others it's a single seater fighter, 8 simple missiles and 2 cannons. currently labelled the Fighter Interceptor 320... but that'll probably change before i'm done with this.

---

With the success of the bridge on the Enyalius, i took the bridge and put it into the Midget, but as the Midget's bridge is more square, i had to tweak things a lot here..

---

Also been working on something non-scifi, but i thought as we've seen non scifi stuff in here before, i'd show it off. It is what it looks like. A flat.

Done basicly to try and widen my range of work. The plan is with the flat is to make it a more modern flat.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Sounds like you've got larger than life expectations for stargate.

Comment

Class: Furina
        Crew: 35
        Weaponry: None
        Engines: Asgard Hyperdrives, Standard Sub-light Engines
        Shields: Minimal
        Other: 1 Supergate Component(With Phasing Device), Merlin's Phasing Device
        Strategies: Able to assemble a supergate while out of phase, allowing for sudden surprise attacks through a gate that appeared out of nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Ark Cammando View Post
          Class: Furina
          Crew: 35
          Weaponry: None
          Engines: Asgard Hyperdrives, Standard Sub-light Engines
          Shields: Minimal
          Other: 1 Supergate Component(With Phasing Device), Merlin's Phasing Device
          Strategies: Able to assemble a supergate while out of phase, allowing for sudden surprise attacks through a gate that appeared out of nowhere.
          What is dis?
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

looks like a usless ship that can make a space gate and has no weapons to defend it self

Comment

One word . . . Fanwank
              sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Actually, once again I'm going to have to defend a new-comer's ship. I really don't see anything that post-Unending Earth could not accomplish. The supergate component might be a stretch, but the phase stuff is plausible enough.

All in all, I must conclude that we simply aren't used to dealing with the massive tech-jump brought about by Unending, so things that really aren't fanwank still look like it because they would have been before Season 10.
                sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Ark Cammando View Post
                  Sounds like you've got larger than life expectations for stargate.
                  what do you mean?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

all his ship does is make a space gate? it has no use really

Comment

if they are out of phase, what happens once the component leaves the zone of the phase?
                      Randomly appear and the enemy like, wtf random pieces of the enemies crap, blow it up.
                      Could be useful if t could do something else. btw how big is it if its able to assemble a space gate, hell how many would u need to accomplish it.

lastly what powers the supergate.

no offense but if you tweaked the design then it could become a promising ship. btw never keep a ship weaponless, look at halo ships for the unsc and you'll understand why.
                      time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the-alguroan View Post
                        if they are out of phase, what happens once the component leaves the zone of the phase?
                        Randomly appear and the enemy like, wtf random pieces of the enemies crap, blow it up.
                        Could be useful if t could do something else. btw how big is it if its able to assemble a space gate, hell how many would u need to accomplish it.

lastly what powers the supergate.

no offense but if you tweaked the design then it could become a promising ship. btw never keep a ship weaponless, look at halo ships for the unsc and you'll understand why.
                        his design has no weaponry on it so it cant pop outta phase and blow things up there for it imo is a useless creation

Comment

The 'gate pieces are out of phase as well. From my understanding, several of these little tugs jump quietly into an area (with a black hole?), set up the supergate (which is powered by a black hole?), and then the 'gate drops into phase when finished. This allows its construction to be kept completely secret, which, in my opinion, is a rather useful thing. Any Ori spies should be taking notes right now.

As for a lack of weapons, that neither makes it fanwank nor useless. Slightly impractical and perhaps a tad overly optimistic, but not useless. You can build useful things without guns.
                          sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

If it's only purpose is to build supergates while out of phase.. where it is undetectable and therefore completely safe.. it doesn't need weapons. Since it would have to drop back into phase to fire, adding weapons would be a useless waste of space and resources on a permanently out of phase ship..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                              If it's only purpose is to build supergates while out of phase.. where it is undetectable and therefore completely safe.. it doesn't need weapons. Since it would have to drop back into phase to fire, adding weapons would be a useless waste of space and resources on a permanently out of phase ship..
                              I'm with PH. So far as a new guy's ship is concerned, it would actually be a huge strategic advantage. Since you could conduct operations deep behind enemy lines and far from home port without suffering from any logistical train. And that's a really big deal.

The only problem I see is that from a practicality perspective. You don't need to make the supergate out of components. The Ori had to because theirs had to fit through a regular sized gate first. A solid gate is simpler from a construction standpoint, requires less fancy tech, and can use a single fast hyperdrive to be taken into position.

Comment

Here's a new ship I've been working on. I'm designating it heavy cruiser for now though the inspiration was a submarine.With that in mind it might employ some sort of light cloaking ability.

Spoiler:

Stuff done includes 6 VASIMR engines, 6 dual turret heavy railguns, 12 dual turret AA railguns. The heavy railguns are experimental in that they fire rocket accelerated rounds with naquadah enhanced charges. The shell sits in a casing which allows the railgun to fire it. Once the round has traveled a certain distance after being fired, the casing is ejected and the round's rocket motor fires, further accelerating the projectile. At this point the round has a very limited homing capability as it can veer back on target if the enemy ship attempts evasive maneuvers. The rocket motor along with the limited steering makes the round effective out to much greater distances than a conventional railgun round. The round's charge is naquadah enhanced and can be time, proximity or penetration detonated. The shell is programmed in the barrel just before firing and tracks its target autonomously.

Stuff to come in the model includes plasma cannons (probably only forward firing or at least with a limited 2d coverage), missile tubes, comm array, sensor array, ECM array and some sort of shuttle or recon vehicle to launch from that empty pad at the back of the ship (maybe like Destiny's shuttle craft dock).

Comment

Working...
                                X