X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it reminds me of a mag lift...like the one from VOY episode Rise

sigpic

Comment

Its looks so 2d to me for some reason. Maybe copy spin the two arms at the top 90' to give it an X shape from a top view.
      Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
        Nice idea, but it may be a bit too thin, if you know what I mean.
        Not all ships have to be hulking monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
          Not all ships have to be hulking monsters.
          Of course. But one shot from an Ion Cannon, and it looks like you could snap that ship in half.
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
            Of course. But one shot from an Ion Cannon, and it looks like you could snap that ship in half.
            well those ships aren't meant to be on the front lines they could be considered snipper ships with their modified mining beam thing.
            though you are right though a hit from a decent sized cannon of sorts would tear the ship in half. thought by the time anything gets in range i say jump into hyperspace.
            time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
            sigpic

Comment

Or, you could just make it a little bit thicker...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the-alguroan View Post
                well those ships aren't meant to be on the front lines they could be considered snipper ships with their modified mining beam thing.
                though you are right though a hit from a decent sized cannon of sorts would tear the ship in half. thought by the time anything gets in range i say jump into hyperspace.
                I know, I know. I'm just saying...but it's your ship. Design it as you will.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

*cough*

Size is deceptive. That "spindly" little stick could be massive; it would only look thin due to the enormous size of the whole ship. A ship a thousand miles long and a hundred wide looks thin, but a hundred miles across is nothing to sneeze at! (That's an exaggeration, I know, but it gets the point across.)
                  sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                    *cough*

Size is deceptive. That "spindly" little stick could be massive; it would only look thin due to the enormous size of the whole ship. A ship a thousand miles long and a hundred wide looks thin, but a hundred miles across is nothing to sneeze at! (That's an exaggeration, I know, but it gets the point across.)
                    Not according to the modeller, and besides, try manoeuvring that thing. Inefficient.

sigpic

Comment

i have a ship it would have the basic hull of the prometheus but bigger it will have the asgaurd core 3 asgaurd beam weapons and 37 rail guns 4 missle lonching bays with 5 nukes and 15 normle missles in each missle bay it will have a x302 bay that can hold 8 x302s and its shields will be as strong as the deadalus and it will be built to explore planets without stargates or assist in battles because it will be strong enough to take out 2 hataks alone without braking a sweat

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post
                        Or, you could just make it a little bit thicker...
                        That's what she said.

Comment

can you give us a bit more information about the ship? It seems like a rather overly powered ship for its size.
                          sigpic

Comment

And yet, I see nothing out of the capabilities of post-Unending Earth. Another example of how the writers elevated us on high.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just a little bit. Sheilds wouldn't be as stong, maybe a 3/4 the strength of a 304. And there are too many missiles to a pod me thinks. Tone the missiles and the shields down a bit and it'll work. Also what engines does it have?
                              sigpic

Comment

Or just add more tubes.

All of this stuff would fit fine.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X