This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    RJB great job although it appears the ship comes from behind the hyperwindow (not out of it)
    Yeah I still got a bunch of tweaking still to do but for a first attempt I was happy with the overall turn out.

@webxro - Like bob said I use lightwave.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
    Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

love the sig banner rjb

Comment

I am so jealous of you guys, all I've managed so far on SU is a couple of boxes and some angles, oh and the nifty push-pull thing

Comment

Originally posted by Weedle View Post
          I am so jealous of you guys, all I've managed so far on SU is a couple of boxes and some angles, oh and the nifty push-pull thing
          Tutorials are your friend.
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Well i have tons of tutorial and still nothing , well that's because i am so bad at drawing , but very good at editing , well back to the point , i was asking because i found a nice simple tutorial in blender about the shields of the ships
            sigpic
            Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
            StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
            GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Because LA died on me ( ) I'm posting a small thingy here. Call it a "pick-leg" ship, its something I'm working on, just wish I still had that free trial of 3ds max because I can see how much it would help me right now. Ironic really.

Spoiler:

Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                Well i have tons of tutorial and still nothing , well that's because i am so bad at drawing , but very good at editing , well back to the point , i was asking because i found a nice simple tutorial in blender about the shields of the ships
                Blender has a really steep learning curve. Try something easier, like Sketchup, or if you can get your hands on it, Lightwave.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

but it's far more powerful and though intimidating, it's concept is simple

Comment

but it's far more powerful and though intimidating, it's concept is simple
                    More powerful than Lightwave? I disagree.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                      Blender has a really steep learning curve. Try something easier, like Sketchup, or if you can get your hands on it, Lightwave.
                      Or just use tutorials such as this one:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro

And learn to use Blender one step at a time. Once you learn the basics it really is quite simple.

My avatar was made entirely in Blender.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                        you can make games whit it and movies , if that isn't power , then i would like to know a better program
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Mods List

Comment

well i don't own lightwave. i meant SK. it's a children's toy compared to Blender (and probably Lightwave)

Comment

I can name one me thinks, Maya with a hint of C++ can make portal.
                            Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                            sigpic

Comment

well i don't own lightwave. i meant SK. it's a children's toy compared to Blender (and probably Lightwave)
                              It is.

sigpic

Comment

Do you know the best thing about blender , it's free and oped source
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Mods List

Comment

Working...
                                X