This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
    Hmmm, maybe just a tiny bit, you'll see it at about 3:40 secs on this vid. And I just realised why we're all here, SG1 was on hell of a show
    Right on--I like the basic concept of SG1 all the more now

Spoiler:
    Right on--I like the basic concept of SG1 all the more now that TPTB ended it and we're not sure if and if so when we'll get to watch it continue w/ Stargate Revolution.
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Damn, I started watching the episode but after three minutes I couldn't take it anymore, the tehcnobable was way worse than I remember.

Comment

that was more like Star Trek than anything else

please note: they travel 50 lightyears per jump. they need only a handful of jumps to return. the nebula however looks like the Crab Nebula, even though no other nebula is within 200 LYs

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
          Can't see it to dark.
          running lights, it's supposed to be dark. I only add a little exterior light so you can see the contours of the ship.
          sigpic
          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
            Right on--I like the basic concept of SG1 all the more now that TPTB ended it and we're not sure if and if so when we'll get to watch it continue w/ Stargate Revolution.
            And I remember now why I loved the Prometheus.
            La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
            L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              that was more like Star Trek than anything else

please note: they travel 50 lightyears per jump. they need only a handful of jumps to return. the nebula however looks like the Crab Nebula, even though no other nebula is within 200 LYs
              The nebula is obviously fictional anyway. After all, Carter even says they know it's "like a nebula, but not a nebula". There's no object like it in real life, but there is in the show.

So I'd advise against trying to pin it on a real nebula.
              sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                running lights, it's supposed to be dark. I only add a little exterior light so you can see the contours of the ship.
                Gotcha

Comment

Okay....New Project. I might do it in AutoCAD because I'm not good enough with SU to do these dramatic curves...

But step one...is actually making a two-D schematic to create the 3D from...and that's the toughest part.

The Project is what I call the Dominion Hunter-Killer. AKA Dominion Battle Cruiser.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

More:

Click Me!
                    Spoiler:

Click Me!
                    Spoiler:
                    sigpic
                    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Saquist you can create your 3D with AutoCad, that is fi you have the 3D version, without doing the 2D. It's definitely harder to use than the 2D version, but a lot more rewarding once you have the hang of it.

Bob that is looking great
                      My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                      sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Saquist you can create your 3D with AutoCad, that is fi you have the 3D version, without doing the 2D. It's definitely harder to use than the 2D version, but a lot more rewarding once you have the hang of it.

That's what I plan on doing but I never start a project this complicated with out drafting the design in 2D with all the orthographic agreement. After that the 3D is straight forward. I'm pretty good at the AutoCAD 3D when it comes to more complicated curves like this might require.

Sketch up is too limited.

Comment

Hey I was also wondering if there aren't some online tutorials for Lightwave or Modo that I could use to get me started on the others.

Comment

Send Alex an email he'll set you up
                            My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                            sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Spoiler:
                              sigpic
                              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

*thud*

Comment

Working...
                                X