This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saquist
    I'm having problems with the missle ports in the front....they won't make walls. so I get this cheese greater effect.
    Your Wasp model is looking pretty good. For the missile ports, maybe try doing a diagonal line across the opening to make a face, erase the line and try the push/pull tool again. Hopefully that will help.

Here's another render I made though as I'm still experimenting with materials I ended up with this particular colour scheme completely by accident. It kind of makes it look like the main hull was manufactured in a FJN shipyard and earth took delivery and added the bridge and main guns. The deployed AA guns are a bit clearer on this render too, I'll probably have to keep using these light settings.

Spoiler:

Comment

My only crit would be that the arm hanging on the right side looks to me to create a small blind spot for any defensive fire.

Green for you

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
        for some reason i never posted the next updae on this one here so im doing it now instead.

Spoiler:
        *giggle* He's bald. Teeheehee.

Jk, that looks amazing.
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by blackluster View Post
          Your Wasp model is looking pretty good. For the missile ports, maybe try doing a diagonal line across the opening to make a face, erase the line and try the push/pull tool again. Hopefully that will help.

Here's another render I made though as I'm still experimenting with materials I ended up with this particular colour scheme completely by accident. It kind of makes it look like the main hull was manufactured in a FJN shipyard and earth took delivery and added the bridge and main guns. The deployed AA guns are a bit clearer on this render too, I'll probably have to keep using these light settings.

Spoiler:
          [IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/blacklusterseph004/Agnicourtrender3.jpg[/IMG
          Yeah that worked. Muchas Gracias

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
            multi tallented, ALX
            Lol! hey i have to try everything atleast once

Yep the entire wing is a component.
            I went through every tutorial before I started this Fighter and I captured images from the game in orthographic views or as close as I could get to ortho. It's amazing how precise sketchup can be...
            good dont stop there component everything i did as it made for a faster build thru and thru.

Excellent...
            but Question. Is the reverse surface bad for some reason?
            I just go podium to work on thanks ALX
            yes optimally you want all faces that are seen to be the same face as when it comes to lighting texturing etc those reverse faces will give you grief, also not to mention SU exports in diffrent formats that for some reason can loose faces entirely just BC they wernt alligned before export.

and good i asume you got the free version? its just as good as the pay one cept for that you cannot choose your desired resolution and TBBH SUpodium is (atleast IMO) only acceptable for clay renders not much else however one can still do somewhat descent looking things with it and im sure Experiment442 could give you some tips/trick when it comes to podium and rendering diffrent things with it

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
              *giggle* He's bald. Teeheehee.

Jk, that looks amazing.
              Lol indeed and thats also the reason why i named the character base file "standing bald" i also have a "sitting bald"
              and thanks im glad you like

Comment

Lol! hey i have to try everything atleast once
                Oh...everything...huh?

good dont stop there component everything i did as it made for a faster build thru and thru.
                Yeah you're probably right.
                Will do.

and good i asume you got the free version? its just as good as the pay one cept for that you cannot choose your desired resolution and TBBH SUpodium is (atleast IMO) only acceptable for clay renders not much else however one can still do somewhat descent looking things with it and im sure Experiment442 could give you some tips/trick when it comes to podium and rendering diffrent things with it
                Yes, sir. Free, free free...
                It's a kewl program.

Comment

Lol indeed and thats also the reason why i named the character base file "standing bald" i also have a "sitting bald"
                  and thanks im glad you like
                  it does look very awesome what's that golden thing on his shoulders?
                  Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                  Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                  Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

I was researching rail guns.

and found they are planned to put on the Zumwalt destroyer platform at som point in the future.

A video from Navy test.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrpOCqwW3Rw

Comment

i didn't know that was news....

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee
                        My only crit would be that the arm hanging on the right side looks to me to create a small blind spot for any defensive fire.
                        Yeah, this ship is pretty vulnerable from the right since it is designed primarily to engage enemy ships from the left by adopting a broadside orientation (if you've played Homeworld 2, it's basically what the destroyer class ships do when they enter weapons range). From the right, the ship would be relying on its AA missiles to destroy small targets before they get close enough to exploit that blindspot. I've noted several others in the design including dead ranges but I figured they give the ship character. This ship is definitely not meant to get into the thick of it, just bombard from afar. She'll leave the heavy weight slugging and trading punches to the battleships.

Comment

Originally posted by blackluster View Post
                          Yeah, this ship is pretty vulnerable from the right since it is designed primarily to engage enemy ships from the left by adopting a broadside orientation (if you've played Homeworld 2, it's basically what the destroyer class ships do when they enter weapons range). From the right, the ship would be relying on its AA missiles to destroy small targets before they get close enough to exploit that blindspot. I've noted several others in the design including dead ranges but I figured they give the ship character. This ship is definitely not meant to get into the thick of it, just bombard from afar. She'll leave the heavy weight slugging and trading punches to the battleships.
                          Ah.....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                            it does look very awesome what's that golden thing on his shoulders?
                            Thank you as usual donno i havnt played the game which features this character but im guessing some kind of protection..

Oh...everything...huh?

Yeah you're probably right.
                            Will do.

Yes, sir. Free, free free...
                            It's a kewl program.
                            Ok not everything but most things that peek my intrest
                            and yes its a descent working renderer but SLOOOOOOOOW and limited

I was researching rail guns.

and found they are planned to put on the Zumwalt destroyer platform at som point in the future.

A video from Navy test.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrpOCqwW3Rw
                            Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            i didn't know that was news....
                            It migth not have been news for you and me but it might have been news for him and imo good enough to share.

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                            Ah.....

Comment

Okay these include red tip missles and booster but this is obviously tapping my computer.

Spoiler:

<script src='http://img405.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=wasp5.png' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Spoiler:
                              <script src='http://img32.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=wasp4.png' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Spoiler:
                              <script src='http://img716.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=wasp3.png' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Spoiler:

<script src='http://img63.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=wasp2.png' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Spoiler:
                              <script src='http://img188.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=wasp1.png' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Comment

Okay these include red tip missles and booster but this is obviously tapping my computer.

snip---
                                what that wee thing is tapping your puter? hmm
                                turn off the shading and it might read much easier also the more components you use the easier the read. also layering will help the read imensly

Comment

Working...
                                X