This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
    Given the material he'd given himself to work with, it's decent. That's like saying lion **** polishes better then giraffe ****.
    Wasnt that on an episode of mythbusters? i think giraffe was shinier in the end
    sigpic
    THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

Originally posted by Naquadah_nut View Post
      Wasnt that on an episode of mythbusters? i think giraffe was shinier in the end
      That's the reference i'm making

And no, the Lion **** was shinier because it had less dirt and veggies in it.
      Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
      Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

We seem to have gone off topic...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
          We seem to have gone off topic...
          Not really if you think about it. we're talking about original starship designs and how balance is needed.

Realistically, why isnt' daedalus packed with Naquadah reactors, like four dozen of them in order to power the shields to a tremendous level? because it's no fun.

Giving Daedalus a million drones and the capability to rebuild them ON ship takes away teh fun too. It's like playing Fallout 3 or Mass Effect 2 with unlimited ammunition, you lose tension and that wow factor
          Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

Not really if you think about it. we're talking about original starship designs and how balance is needed.

Realistically, why isnt' daedalus packed with Naquadah reactors, like four dozen of them in order to power the shields to a tremendous level? because it's no fun.

Giving Daedalus a million drones and the capability to rebuild them ON ship takes away teh fun too. It's like playing Fallout 3 or Mass Effect 2 with unlimited ammunition, you lose tension and that wow factor
            Mass Effect with ammo just sucked. I hated it. They turned that game into a pure shooter.

Comment

actually such a large amount of reactors will only make the ship more prone to blowing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                Mass Effect with ammo just sucked. I hated it. They turned that game into a pure shooter.
                Same here, it did make it more realistic, but at the cost of the orginality of the orginal mass effect

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                  Same here, it did make it more realistic, but at the cost of the orginality of the orginal mass effect
                  Problem is it became too easy in ME1. Just spam from a long distance. ME2 was alot more up close and personal, less epic in a grandiose sense, and more in close fighting.

Adding ammo made you think more, instead of just spamming with an assault rifle or pistol, you had to time your shots, and make sure they counted. the removal of having so many powers at your disposal made it more about how you fight then which power is the best. Try playing ME2 on insanity as a Vanguard. It's next to impossible since you have to rely on your team's offensive powers and unlimited ammo (they only do like athird damage or something) while you watch their backs. It's much more squad oriented since it's difficult for one class to take on any situation (except maye Soldier or Infiltrator)

As far as dozens of reactors, the point is the Daedalus has been shown to be able to handle ZPM levels of power, and Naquadah reactors only blow when we program them to. So what's so difficult about putting a ton of them to power the shields or APBW? I don't get how that would make the ship anymore prone to explode.

Comment

probably the impact would knock something loose and make it explode like everything does in action packed sences.

Cars don't do that when they crash, its just madness!
                    Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                    sigpic

Comment

if weapons actually get through. look at what happened to Prometheus, or Deadalus when hit with ori weapons. like they have an explodium skeleton. what happens if we add more powergeneration?

Comment

Problem is it became too easy in ME1. Just spam from a long distance. ME2 was alot more up close and personal, less epic in a grandiose sense, and more in close fighting.

Adding ammo made you think more, instead of just spamming with an assault rifle or pistol, you had to time your shots, and make sure they counted. the removal of having so many powers at your disposal made it more about how you fight then which power is the best. Try playing ME2 on insanity as a Vanguard. It's next to impossible since you have to rely on your team's offensive powers and unlimited ammo (they only do like athird damage or something) while you watch their backs. It's much more squad oriented since it's difficult for one class to take on any situation (except maye Soldier or Infiltrator)

Instead of going to an ammo system enhance the enemies defenses.
                        Games like X-men Legends (the original) had the enemies resistant to certain attack forms.
                        Mass Effect could have done Biotic Resistance would equivalent to the psychic resistance.
                        Don't just give Krogan Fortification for short periods of time.
                        AI in both Mass Effects need to be upgraded BIG TIME. Stupidest AI's ever.
                        Singularities need to affect everyone not just the enemy. They should attract bullets as well for a make shift shield.
                        (By the Way the Singularity was the unstoppable weapon in ME 2 and 1)

Truly they allready had the proper countermeasure...the overload and tech dampeners and shield dampeners nullified a lot of the advantages it's just your common enemies almost never used them.

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                        Yes, they had already a futuristic system and they abandoned it for a more 21 century style. Not very creative. There are other ways to get the same effect. With better weapons comes better countermeasures.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                          I've been doing so tutorials with Google Sketchup and i'm surprised how easy the program is to work with. It still don't know alot but I can see how you guys work so quickly.
                          good to hear! well the more time you spend with the software the faster you become good at it i can allmost work in a similar pace with modo.

update... of sorts.

BC-304 MODO version

Comment

ah that makes me anxious to post the pictures of my ship. if only i could figure out how to upload my renders. for some reason, images rendered in PGN format, or JPG format... aren't. my Imageshack doesn't recognize them.... *highly confused*

i'll attempt to get some video's up

Comment

messed about with the Enyaluis once again... don't think i'll ever stop tweaking it

Worked on the internal look of the bridge... and found i need to modify the external look quite a bit

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                                if weapons actually get through. look at what happened to Prometheus, or Deadalus when hit with ori weapons. like they have an explodium skeleton. what happens if we add more powergeneration?
                                Well if they get through the shields (which BTW would be amplified by so many generators) it's exploding anyway That's sorta like saying it's worse to drop a crystal vase from 100 feet than 50 feet. It just takes longer for that inevitable to happen.

What i'm saying is that while it's "feasible" it's not balanced or "cool". It reminds me of those dual warp core ship with like a billion torpedo and phaser cannons. Think the heavy dreadnaught version of Voyager in that episode where the Doctor gets trapped for 900 years on a planet and has to clear voyagers name)

Comment

Working...
                                X