Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indeed i can subD and add displacement maps but i am still working on my particles and general VFX skills so atm its still a far off making a flush and a Live event horizon but i am working on it.
    no need for displacement maps. i have the option of displacing via the texture. the puddle texture will morph the flat plane into a puddle. it takes quite a subD level, but it could be worth it. and from the looks of it your comp does not suffer from high verticles.

Comment

that technique is damned easy, and will make it go fast, I used tangent, when it turns teal, I still needed the triangles though, thisway though, goes super fast!

www.darkarmada.nl
      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

@boberth2o

this is a very quick way of showing you the technique alltho i suspect you know it already
        but look it over!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=34DZ8WTJ

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
          @boberth2o

this is a very quick way of showing you the technique alltho i suspect you know it already
          but look it over!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=34DZ8WTJ
          It's pretty good except it wont work if you have a defined arc to follow for all three axes.
          sigpic
          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

only works for two axes, but it does help

www.darkarmada.nl
            www.runescape.com

Comment

I HATE MY COMP... it just killed SU and made the file disappear...

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                It's pretty good except it wont work if you have a defined arc to follow for all three axes.
                how do you mean?

and this is the fastest and most effective way i know how to tackle Organics in SU and i use this technique for just about everything i make and judging by my work it works very well it also increased my modeling speed by a thousand fold as just like i said use it for everything even beveling.

my SGU gate for instance, i used this technique on every last part on it same goes for my newest Destiny.

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                only works for two axes, but it does help
                imo its the most effective and time saving way i know.

Comment

I HATE MY COMP... it just killed SU and made the file disappear...
                  i killed a laptop at school with SU. twice. black screen of death. although Blender gives me a black and white blocked screen of death.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    i killed a laptop at school with SU. twice. black screen of death. although Blender gives me a black and white blocked screen of death.
                    i have never had issues wuth SU using the current techniques in my arsenal i ahvent even had a bugspalt or other errors in atleast 4-5 months

example of what the technique i described to Bob and Loc can do in just 5 min.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                      how do you mean?

and this is the fastest and most effective way i know how to tackle Organics in SU and i use this technique for just about everything i make and judging by my work it works very well it also increased my modeling speed by a thousand fold as just like i said use it for everything even beveling.
                      I believe this style is only effective since you have one free variable. That means you can choose what you want one axis to be. For BSG ships and my ship we have no free variables, the width, height and length are exact. The edges are following three different defined arcs on all three axes. I would be very difficult and time consuming to model the engine below even if you mirrored it on the z-axis using that method.
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic
                      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I must say, I gotta love the way you designed your ship. It ain't no simply copy, it's a complete new class, that straight back of the ship starting at the hull going all the way to the back is genius

www.darkarmada.nl
                        www.runescape.com

Comment

ok, i just started again and got a decent head now, I hope

Spoiler:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

www.darkarmada.nl
                          www.runescape.com

Comment

i have never had issues wuth SU using the current techniques in my arsenal i ahvent even had a bugspalt or other errors in atleast 4-5 months
                            SU isn't the error. the comp at school couldn't handle it. you on the other hand, well, that destiny would cause a meltdown on my computer.

Comment

school computers are usually crap here in the Netherlands. My own comp only has problems with it when it's hot here in my attic, and or when I do too much at the same time.

Causing a meltdown on school computers is easy Sometimes when I'm bored I start modelling but often when I am getting somewhere the comp is shut down for I was 'abusing' it according to those idiots in charge of school comps...... (buy a fracking real computer! Not one from the stone age I'd say )

www.darkarmada.nl
                              www.runescape.com

Comment

I must say, I gotta love the way you designed your ship. It ain't no simply copy, it's a complete new class, that straight back of the ship starting at the hull going all the way to the back is genius
                                Thank you. I'm very proud of this model because of all the effort and time it took to make it.

ok, i just started again and got a decent head now, I hope

Spoiler:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                                I like it, its very sleek and it looks like the ship would be fast. I cany wait to see the rest of what you have in store!
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X