Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aside from the rather overkill engine array, it's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      aside from the rather overkill engine array, it's awesome.
      The idea is it's the hot rod of strike craft.. the four big engines are the main thrust, while the otehrs can be used for an "Afterburner" or used properly, extra maneuverability. The original only had the four engines, but i kinda like it with the mega array of engine doom. It's clearly different from standard ships in SG without being overly different. The color scheme and design principles i think is a great marriage of the different techs mentioned.

Also unlike Daedalus, its design interior is very specific. and efficient. It's not meant as a deep space vessel, rather a medium range heavy attack ship. It DOES have some science facilities aboard, but it's not its main function.
      Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
      Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Quick update. I added panels to the Flight Pods and I'm currently re-modeling the front end to make the ship flow better.
        Attached Files
        sigpic
        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

The idea is it's the hot rod of strike craft.. the four big engines are the main thrust, while the otehrs can be used for an "Afterburner" or used properly, extra maneuverability. The original only had the four engines, but i kinda like it with the mega array of engine doom. It's clearly different from standard ships in SG without being overly different. The color scheme and design principles i think is a great marriage of the different techs mentioned.

Also unlike Daedalus, its design interior is very specific. and efficient. It's not meant as a deep space vessel, rather a medium range heavy attack ship. It DOES have some science facilities aboard, but it's not its main function.
          you do know that with plasma or ion engines more power is more thrust ?

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
            Quick update. I added panels to the Flight Pods and I'm currently re-modeling the front end to make the ship flow better.
            looking good!
            and im happy you are adressing the front as it could use it
            good stuff.
            any chance of more angles? like front/bottom?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              you do know that with plasma or ion engines more power is more thrust ?
              Shrug, i'm not going to write a thesis on this I like it with the extra engines as it's the look that matters to me mostly. I can work out the science later.
              Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
              Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
              Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

I've started on something about a few hours ago, remember I work slowly XD perhaps it's something

Spoiler:

www.darkarmada.nl
                www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                  I've started on something about a few hours ago, remember I work slowly XD perhaps it's something

Spoiler:
                  i like it very alien.. lots of segments visible tho.

Comment

short animated views of atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                      i like it very alien.. lots of segments visible tho.
                      what do you mean with segments?

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Comment

what do you mean with segments?
                        the middle round arhes have them clearly visible
                        and by segments i mean the nr of segments used in a circle and yours apear to be quite low in the middle of the ship.

Comment

well that is sketchup, I cannot get it to look better, that is one of the few pints I am rather bad at.

www.darkarmada.nl
                          www.runescape.com

Comment

I must commend all of you, there is a definite trend here of sheer awesomeness
                            My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                            sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

well that is sketchup, I cannot get it to look better, that is one of the few pints I am rather bad at.
                              actually you can by either making a circle and editing the entity info changing the amount of segments from 24 to 48
                              or you can simply select the circle or hafcircle tools and typ 12-24-48 segments and press enter therby you will have a smoother look.

Comment

will I have to redraw them?

www.darkarmada.nl
                                www.runescape.com

Comment

Working...
                                X