X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tobi
    wow. A carrier with 2 F-302's ??
    They never said it was a carrier, throw him/her a bone.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

This is my first ship and wasn't Daedalus Deep space Carrier, and didn't it have f-302's?

Comment

Yeah i think he means that its meant to have MANY more, a carrier carrys other ships. This may be a bad design for a carrier but i think it would work quite well as a frigate or destroyer.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

that's exactly what i meant. I think Deadalus has about 16 f-302's. Your design works much better as a Llght frigate.

Comment

Well, it's probably the umpteenth time I've said it, but this time, I mean it. The final design of my own Abydos-class destroyer, which was not selected for the Gateworld virtual fleet, but meh.

It'll have to do some minor revisions of the specs, but for the most part the ship is finally complete.
            Last edited by Andrew Joshua Talon; 12 July 2006, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:
              Name: Leviathon
              Place of construction: Lantia, Pegasus galaxy
              Type: Warship
              size: L: 850m H180m W250M
              Hull: trinium-titanium-steel alloy, reinforced with plasma-relfex' ceramic plates

Power:
              1 x mark I ion reactor - an asgard gift for the shield interface technology.
              5 x mark II naquadah Generators
              72 mark I Naquadah Generators - 1 NR powers 4 rail guns

Engines:
              *2 Asgard interGalactic hyperdrive, installed as two ventral fins, capable of atlantis to earth trip in 8 days. Due to improve power sources.
              *12 Hebridan ion proppulsion engine
              *8 alteran sublight drive pods, retroengineered and fitted from the orion

Shielding:
              *1 X asgard/alteran hybrid ship class bubble shield
              *1 X asgard internal dampening field - This make explosions and impacts to the ship extreamly lessoned making it much more resiliant to the wraith bombardment tactics.

Weaponry:
              *6 wraith ship to ship plasma cannon
              *12 secondary missile launch silos, each having Brand new 8 mark X Naquadriah enhanced warheads with Ion propulsion technolgy, extreamyly fast, agile and deadly. ( a variation of the Gatebuster's)
              *24 main rail gun, each powered by an individual Mark I maquadah reactor - for main ship to ship
              *96 secondary rail guns ( along the neck of of the ship ) - for fighters and bombers
              *96 tertiary rail guns on the underside of the ship - for fighter and ground troops

Other craft:
              8 - F302 fighter craft
              8 Lantian puddle jumpers

Secondary systems:
              *all standard asgard and goauld technolgy: beams, scanners, computers, translators and the like.
              *transporter closets
              *internal anti prior sonic devices, implanted in to the ship, always on. This prevents prior from opperating on board our ships.

Sevice Histroy and Background:
              The Leviathon class ship is the first earth ship to be designed entire from the work done in the Pegasus galaxy.
              The Orion, the first battle cruiser of the ancient to under possesion by our kind was immediatly studied, for some time the sceintist on atlantis had worked on upgraded, or more accuratly interfacing asgard and alteran technologies. the first success came when the asgard interface thier shield emitors with those on the orion, this created the best shield either race had yet came up with and will now be used by both the asgard and human races.

After the success of combining shield technolgy another system was goign to be studied, the energy cannons from the hive ships, a hive ship had recently been captured and studied by the atlnatis expedition and they had retroengineed the main artillary cannon on the ship, thus giving earth its first energy weapon from the wraith.

These two technolgical improvements would end the current deadalus class production line. A new class of ships was commissioned, to be built in the Pegasus galaxy at the site of a new land base on Lantia, the Leviathon, the mythic gaurdian, was heralded as the protector and savior of the Pegasus galaxy from the wraith, and of earth from the ori. Armed with supperior sheilds to any that have came before it, faster than any of our craft have ever been and in command of the latest and most powerfull weaponry we have this ship has been used to strike back at the wraith for its first time and won, the forth siege of atlantis ended with this craft, the deadalus and the orion holding back a combined fleet of 14 hive ships, these three ships taking down 9 of them before an asgard oniel class came in and destroy the other 5 ships in orbit. commanders are confindent this ship will turn the tide in the war with the wraith and are putting all thier work with the deadalus in to the new Leviathon class ship.

Ok there it is again. I have no images but just think of the deadalus with the traditional |-| asgard engines. Like the odaedkus.

***This is a ship i have created before but am reposting it because it fit my opinion of a battleship role for the new virtual fleet***

Immhotep
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              11000! green me

Comment

Here's mine:

Spoiler:
                Andromeda Class X-310 Battleship

Dimensions:
                Length: 820m
                Width: 420m
                Height: 175m
                Volume: 60,270,000 cubic metres

Crew Compliment: 250
                Max Personal: 700

Material:
                Reinforced Trinium Titanium

Power:
                15 Mark IV Naquadah Generators

Defensive Weaponry:
                9 railguns (6 fore, 3 aft)
                6 laser cannons ( 3 on each side)

Offensive Weaponry:
                40x Mark VIII Naquadah enhanced Nuclear missiles (20 silos)
                32x Mark IX Naquadah enhanced Nuclear missiles (16 silos)
                5x Tauri/Asgard Ship-based Ion cannons (3 fore, 2 aft)

Armour:
                12m Ionised Reinforced Trinium Titanium

Stealth:
                Stealth Material
                Holographic Active Camouflage

Fighters:
                16x F-302As (by MillenniumLance)

Engines:
                1x Asgard Hyperspace generator
                6x Ion sublight engines (capable of speeds up to 83% LS)
                7x Fusion thrusters (capable of speeds up to 90km/s)
                6x Manoeuvring Thrusters

Other tech:
                ECM
                ECCM
                Asgard Sensors
                Asgard Beaming Tech
                Rings

History of the Andromeda Class
                Not much to say about this one. It’s obviously bigger than the Rapture class
                Another space-built ship because of its size.
                International crew, commanded by Colonel Jack Jefferson of the US airforce
                Building time: 18 months, first one to be completed in 2008.
                Cost: Set to be about $16 billion or at current rate £8.71 billion.
                Last edited by Davidtourniquet; 13 July 2006, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                  [spoiler]Name: Leviathon
                  Place of construction: Lantia, Pegasus galaxy
                  Type: Battleship
                  size: L: 850m H180m W250M
                  Hull: trinium-titanium-steel alloy, reinforced with plasma-relfex' ceramic plates

Power:
                  1 x mark I ion reactor - an asgard gift for the shield interface technology.
                  5 x mark II naquadah Generators
                  72 mark I Naquadah Generators - 1 NR powers 4 rail guns

Engines:
                  *2 Asgard interGalactic hyperdrive, installed as two ventral fins, capable of atlantis to earth trip in 8 days. Due to improve power sources.
                  *12 Hebridan ion proppulsion engine
                  *8 alteran sublight drive pods, retroengineered and fitted from the orion

Shielding:
                  *1 X asgard/alteran hybrid ship class bubble shield
                  *1 X asgard internal dampening field - This make explosions and impacts to the ship extreamly lessoned making it much more resiliant to the wraith bombardment tactics.

Weaponry:
                  *6 wraith ship to ship plasma cannon
                  *12 secondary missile launch silos, each having Brand new 8 mark X Naquadriah enhanced warheads with Ion propulsion technolgy, extreamyly fast, agile and deadly. ( a variation of the Gatebuster's)
                  *24 main rail gun, each powered by an individual Mark I maquadah reactor - for main ship to ship
                  *96 secondary rail guns ( along the neck of of the ship ) - for fighters and bombers
                  *96 tertiary rail guns on the underside of the ship - for fighter and ground troops

Other craft:
                  8 - F302 fighter craft
                  8 Lantian puddle jumpers

Secondary systems:
                  *all standard asgard and goauld technolgy: beams, scanners, computers, translators and the like.
                  *transporter closets
                  *internal anti prior sonic devices, implanted in to the ship, always on. This prevents prior from opperating on board our ships.

Sevice Histroy and Background:
                  The Leviathon class ship is the first earth ship to be designed entire from the work done in the Pegasus galaxy.
                  The Orion, the first battle cruiser of the ancient to under possesion by our kind was immediatly studied, for some time the sceintist on atlantis had worked on upgraded, or more accuratly interfacing asgard and alteran technologies. the first success came when the asgard interface thier shield emitors with those on the orion, this created the best shield either race had yet came up with and will now be used by both the asgard and human races.

After the success of combining shield technolgy another system was goign to be studied, the energy cannons from the hive ships, a hive ship had recently been captured and studied by the atlnatis expedition and they had retroengineed the main artillary cannon on the ship, thus giving earth its first energy weapon from the wraith.

These two technolgical improvements would end the current deadalus class production line. A new class of ships was commissioned, to be built in the Pegasus galaxy at the site of a new land base on Lantia, the Leviathon, the mythic gaurdian, was heralded as the protector and savior of the Pegasus galaxy from the wraith, and of earth from the ori. Armed with supperior sheilds to any that have came before it, faster than any of our craft have ever been and in command of the latest and most powerfull weaponry we have this ship has been used to strike back at the wraith for its first time and won, the forth siege of atlantis ended with this craft, the deadalus and the orion holding back a combined fleet of 14 hive ships, these three ships taking down 9 of them before an asgard oniel class came in and destroy the other 5 ships in orbit. commanders are confindent this ship will turn the tide in the war with the wraith and are putting all thier work with the deadalus in to the new Leviathon class ship.

Ok there it is again. I have no images but just think of the deadalus with the traditional |-| asgard engines. Like the odaedkus.
                  [/spoil]
                  Immhoteep, this is an excellent design for a battleship, I would like to post it as a candidate in the Gateworld Virtual Fleet thread. May I? Also, is it okay if I take some things off. The things I had in mind were:

-The F-302's
                  -6 of the PJ's
                  -alteran hybrid ship class bubble shield (Just leaving it as a standard asgard shield. But the ones they have on their ships.)
                  - *8 alteran sublight drive pods, retroengineered and fitted from the orion (Why do we need 8 alteran sublight drive pods if we already have 12 serrakin ones?)

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

Yeah thats fine, I have got a good idea for the reason behind the alteran/asgard shields but you can if you would like, i think have 4 F-302's, 2 PJ's and 1 goauld cargo ship is a better arrangment than i have now.
                    In to the fleet voting it goes.
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

The new and improved Slider strike craft

Spoiler:
                      Name: Slider
                      Type: Strike Craft
                      Technology Base: Tau'ri/Asgard/Goa'uld
                      Dimensions: length 25m, wingspan 18m
                      Construction: Carbon fibre, Titanium/Trinium alloy, reinforced with Naquada
                      Crew: 2

Power-plant: Two Mark II Naquada Generators (see notes)
                      One Mark I Naquada Generator (Hub)

Propulsion: One hyperspace window generator (using Asgard technology)
                      Two ion-based sublight engines (multi-purpose)
                      One mini-ion-based sublight engine (Hub)

Weapons: 12x Naquada injected warhead AIM-120 AMRAAMs (8 mounted on wings and 4 in internal bay)
                      One Energy Cannon (mounted front center)
                      Two Railgun Cannons (mounted either side of fighter wings)

Defences: Asgard shields

Other technology: Asgard technology – sensors, updated targeting computer, part user integrated AI.
                      Inertial dampener
                      Homing Beacon (Hub)

Notes:
                      Two Mark II Naquada reactors are incorporated into the glider, one reactor running the ships main functions including shields and the other to run the offensive capability.

Hub:
                      The Hub is partly the cockpit of the craft. Designed as a secondary craft for emergency ejection situations it contains a Mark I Naquada generator and a mini-ion-based sublight engine. If a critical system failure of the glider occurs, the hub can be separated in a manor like that of an ejection from a standard fighter aircraft, the Hub once separated will activate its generator, sublight engine and the all important homing beacon for swift retrieval.

History:
                      After the failure of the F-302 in combat situations against the Ori and Wraith a new strike craft was needed.
                      Built purely from scratch using Asgard, Goa'uld and Earth based technology, with new advanced user based AI integration, the craft had limitless capability.

First was the creation of the Hub, using technology from the Asgard, the hub was designed for better protection and to reduce the loss of life. Next the propulsion was redesigned, starting with the replacement of the three separate sublight engines with two combined multi-purpose sublight. Then there was the addition of a stable hyper-drive allowing the Slider more freedom. This had never been successfully completed and with the updated guidance system work better than expected.

The weapons system was redesigned allow faster fire rate of the Railguns and a new energy cannon was added using Goa’uld technology incorporated into existing Asgard systems allowing more powerful and faster firing cannons.

Finally the addition of an Asgard shield was incorporated into the design, this had never been done on a small strike craft giving the Slider the edge over other smaller craft.
                      Last edited by benjaminism; 13 July 2006, 12:05 PM.

Comment

im going to say fanwank before anyone else does, BIGGER that ship is tiny for the amount of technolgy inside, make it bigger about 100mlong by 50m wide and you might be able to do it but not way that ship is about as big as my garden...just NO way!
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                          im going to say fanwank before anyone else does, BIGGER that ship is tiny for the amount of technolgy inside, make it bigger about 100mlong by 50m wide and you might be able to do it but not way that ship is about as big as my garden...just NO way!
                          Ok made it larger by like 5m
                          It is not fanwank, it is larger than an F-22 fighter, and larger than the F-302s used in stargate. easily fit all the stuff on, besides it is not that much.

Comment

Actually it isn't that much fanwank when you compare it to real life strike craft.

1. The number of missiles are comparable to the F-35/Lightning II/Joint Strike Fighter.

2. Removing current real life engines would leave massive amounts of space for reactor and shield generator.

3. The HUB is what I expect from a space fighter, and this has been seen in Andromeda Ascendant f.x.

4. I do feel that two railguns are overkill. Having the railguns on the wings would force one to move the ammo to the wings, or have it fed from the main body to the wings, which would leave the mechanism vulnerable. I would either remove the railguns all together, or have two staff cannons at the wings, and have the railgun internally mounted, like real life aircraft. Where real life aircraft have 200-600 rounds the railgun could put atleast a few thousand rounds due to them being smaller.

The only fanwank IMO is that it has both a hyperdrive and shield generator.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                              Actually it isn't that much fanwank when you compare it to real life strike craft.

1. The number of missiles are comparable to the F-35/Lightning II/Joint Strike Fighter.

2. Removing current real life engines would leave massive amounts of space for reactor and shield generator.

3. The HUB is what I expect from a space fighter, and this has been seen in Andromeda Ascendant f.x.

4. I do feel that two railguns are overkill. Having the railguns on the wings would force one to move the ammo to the wings, or have it fed from the main body to the wings, which would leave the mechanism vulnerable. I would either remove the railguns all together, or have two staff cannons at the wings, and have the railgun internally mounted, like real life aircraft. Where real life aircraft have 200-600 rounds the railgun could put atleast a few thousand rounds due to them being smaller.

The only fanwank IMO is that it has both a hyperdrive and shield generator.

Ok
                              So what would be a more reasonable solution, i myself think i should drop the hyperdrive and have a shield generator.

What u think?

Comment

drop the shield, the hyperdrive is more SG, we know that the F302 has a hyperdrive. A bigger ship would let us have fully functionional one.
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X