Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is no point in discussing or argueing this subject as everyone is going to scale it diffrently and i for one do not mind it at diffrent scales as long as it looks accurate,
    in some of my renders of my 304 ive had it scaled at 20 000 m just so i could get the frame and effect i wanted and i dont think anyone has noticed that so my point being as long as it looks the same i dont care or even notice.

Comment

How big is the F-302? Got a mesh from Sci-fi meshes but i don't know which way to scale it so i can slip it into renders with my designs.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

look at episode s8e08 covenant for a good view of people standing next to one alternetly look at s6e01 or 02 forsaken for another view of people next to one its the first ep we see it if i remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
          there is no point in discussing or argueing this subject as everyone is going to scale it diffrently and i for one do not mind it at diffrent scales as long as it looks accurate,
          in some of my renders of my 304 ive had it scaled at 20 000 m just so i could get the frame and effect i wanted and i dont think anyone has noticed that so my point being as long as it looks the same i dont care or even notice.
          different scales!
          nearly at the stargate pro level...they do that all the time in the show.

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
          How big is the F-302? Got a mesh from Sci-fi meshes but i don't know which way to scale it so i can slip it into renders with my designs.
          Its bigger than you think, bob did a scale over on the scalling thread.

sigpic

Comment

different scales!
            nearly at the stargate pro level...they do that all the time in the show.
            indeed
            Its bigger than you think, bob did a scale over on the scalling thread.
            aye they are big as **** .

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
              Ah the power of guess work. I did a thorough scale up on CAD using four screen captures and different known entities, such as windows, people, F302's etc. Every scale out I did, came to less than 300 mtrs, I think the 275m was the longest, and when you look at the X303 at 195mtrs, you can see where it's coming from. That's the difference when using CAD, you actually get definitive sizes. For example the CE340's that Alx and I are working on are only 135mtrs long, and when you see them next to an actual 800mtr long ship, you'll understand where I'm coming from. 235mtrs is 905ft, that is almost as long as a Nimitz class carrier, and that is BIG. Crew 5000, aircraft 75 to 90. A space vessel over 300mtrs and only carrying 16 aircraft? The math don't add
              Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
              Puddle jumper, have you tried sketchup yet?!
              In sketchup it has a scale so you can model to exact sizes, try it out.

Boberth's scaling thread...more than guess work PJOZ, this is his post on Atlantis and the Daedalus.
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....88&postcount=1
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....4&postcount=67

While the last one bolsters the 304 debate, it also has the scaling for a 302.

sigpic

Comment

ok here is a VFX experiment.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTKy6fFE-Ks

Comment

Its really good, I like the way they are small explosions...remember we only see small ones as an explosion needs oxygen.

sigpic

Comment

With the Base challenge over.... and not sure i'd be any good with the Jaffa ship challenge... i've started on a couple of ideas i had floating around my noggin..

first one thats viewable is the Midget base... and no, that's not a base for Dwarfs.

Three floors in height the idea behind the design is that the base could be either hidden in a warehouse, or underground. One end of the base will hold three floors, which will themselves contain the living quarters for the personnel working on the Midget and on the base, as well as other rooms vital to the running of the base.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                      Its really good, I like the way they are small explosions...remember we only see small ones as an explosion needs oxygen.
                      that is debatable as in the show we have been shown many "explosions" that simply cannot be in space. ie "dramatic effect"

here is another one.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_CMxQFT71I

Comment

It's not as good as the first clip imo.

I know what you mean about dramatic effect, if anyone saw the recent Dr Who mars episode...no air on Mars, he is in a space suit but debris can burn?!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                          It's not as good as the first clip imo.

I know what you mean about dramatic effect, if anyone saw the recent Dr Who mars episode...no air on Mars, he is in a space suit but debris can burn?!
                          aye my vfx skills are still very "WIP" dont think i did to bad for my first 2 tries tho

and yeah thats a common accurance in SCI FI complete disregard for reality and we still watch and go "whoa" at the epic coolness of those scenes

Comment

well, some nuking and explosions have been quite real, like death gliders blowing up (they contain air and matter). most explosions, in fact, are the plasma. but sometimes, yes, they just take an atmospheric explosion

Comment

dont think i posted this here even tho i meant to.

super highrez test of the atlantis pier lights.

warning the pic is huge.

Comment

Jaffa Or Tauri?

You Decide.
                                Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 28 November 2009, 11:40 PM.
                                sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Working...
                                X