Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out CASFs for Alx's work as well as mine, Merlin's, SDL's (Dr. Lee), RJB's, and many others.
    Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
    sigpic

Comment

Big update on my DSC-305 USAF TITAN (WIP)

Spoiler:

Exclusive HQ renders Can be found on CASF

As usual comments, critique, advice, badgering, hate/love all welcome!

Originally posted by Alpha Omega Protocol View Post
      Nice tank/mobile base?! That is cool. Can the turrets on the back go up and down?

Oh ALX I think that previous post about looking at atlantis in space was about lighting and the shield. I really love your city design though. How big are you thinking of making the city? Like 8km across? Are you going to have lots of drone launchers on your city? Does your city have drone factories in it?
      Hey thanks! well currently the city is 8,5km across and as im building the buildings etc in that scale i think i'll keep it that wayand no only 3 launchers at the smaller piers. as for drone factories i dcont know as i havnt built any but i'll leave that to your imagination

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post

Spoiler:

Hey thanks! well currently the city is 8,5km across and as im building the buildings etc in that scale i think i'll keep it that wayand no only 3 launchers at the smaller piers. as for drone factories i dcont know as i havnt built any but i'll leave that to your imagination
        Hmm, about that beam in the first picture... is it an APBW, or something else? And did you do it in Photoshop, or in Layout itself?
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
          Hmm, about that beam in the first picture... is it an APBW, or something else? And did you do it in Photoshop, or in Layout itself?
          yup APBW, and no i didnt do it in photoshop i made an object in Modeler textured and fiddled with glow etc then sent it to layout and scaled it and put it in position thereby i can animate it anyway i want

how are your tutorials going?

Comment

yup APBW, and no i didnt do it in photoshop i made an object in Modeler textured and fiddled with glow etc then sent it to layout and scaled it and put it in position thereby i can animate it anyway i want

how are your tutorials going?
            Ohhhh so boringly. There are a few interesting ones, but meh.

Ok, a suggestion for the beam. The beams in the show are seen as opaque or extremely translucent, and very....glowy. Do you have the actual glow turned on?
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

Ohhhh so boringly. There are a few interesting ones, but meh.

Ok, a suggestion for the beam. The beams in the show are seen as opaque or extremely translucent, and very....glowy. Do you have the actual glow turned on?
              yup i have glow turned on both locations i just havnt turned it up very high on the beam "object" i going to work more on the beam soon enough but im currently otherwise occupied with detailing the ship and the beam is a quick render fix and maybe a hyperspace texture to get the Color pattern of the beams on the show but the ship is taking for ever especially since its a Sketchup Exported file and that threw the polygons off quite a bit so once i have things ready for a final render the beam should be good too

ah yes the tutorials are quite boring indeed but i'd like to recomend one if you havnt already seen it on youtube the User "Bugzilla"s (youtube) tutorials on LW are quite enjoyable and has def been great help to me but most that i have done atm is basically trial and error as im still in the process of getting familiar with LW.

Comment

Spoiler:

Wow...dude..
                That looks just sweet.

Comment

yup i have glow turned on both locations i just havnt turned it up very high on the beam "object" i going to work more on the beam soon enough but im currently otherwise occupied with detailing the ship and the beam is a quick render fix and maybe a hyperspace texture to get the Color pattern of the beams on the show but the ship is taking for ever especially since its a Sketchup Exported file and that threw the polygons off quite a bit so once i have things ready for a final render the beam should be good too

ah yes the tutorials are quite boring indeed but i'd like to recomend one if you havnt already seen it on youtube the User "Bugzilla"s (youtube) tutorials on LW are quite enjoyable and has def been great help to me but most that i have done atm is basically trial and error as im still in the process of getting familiar with LW.
                  Ahkay. I just watched one of his videos. Amazing.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chrono001 View Post
                    Just a quick wutup to everyone...admiring all your guys hard work on the models. Always wanted to try my hand at it but you know how the lazyness creeps up on you. Then I came upon this thread. And let me tell you..WOW!

Simply amazing what you guys can do!

IMHO..your works remind me and rival that of the old Netter Digital (RIP) company ships of B5 fame. Most of them had an ocean feel tho....Minbari (Angel fish)..Vorlons (Octopi)..Shadows (spiders)...etc.
                    Sorry for rambling...

I have Lightwave and goin thru the tuts...

Thank you again for the inspiration...keep it up!

C

Welcome to Sci Fi's Golden Child, the Originial Starship thread, Chrono001.

Comment

DSC-305 Updated hull texture and updated Beam.
                      Spoiler:

and exclusive renders can be found on CASF.

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                      Wow...dude..
                      That looks just sweet.
                      Thanks! yeah im real happy with it myself
                      Ahkay. I just watched one of his videos. Amazing.
                      Yeah! i for one learn more from watching vids then reading.
                      Last edited by Alx; 30 September 2009, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Started a thread over on CASF to see if a few sketchup users are intrested in doing a combined project?

So if your a sketchup user and want to take part in this project click on my sig and get over to CASF. Sketchup is easy to use, so if you just pop your head in here and want to give 3d modelling a go try sketchup.

sigpic

Comment

wow ALX that one looks even better.

Comment

Thanks Saquist and Merlin...lookin forward to an extended stay here..!

C

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                              Started a thread over on CASF to see if a few sketchup users are intrested in doing a combined project?

So if your a sketchup user and want to take part in this project click on my sig and get over to CASF. Sketchup is easy to use, so if you just pop your head in here and want to give 3d modelling a go try sketchup.
                              hmm i am a sketchup user....(transitioning to LW) but ill check the thread m8!

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                              wow ALX that one looks even better.
                              Hey thanks man im still not happy with the texture though need to wor on it some more!

C
                              Hey chrono sorry i missed ya but better late then never, welcome to GW and the OSTD!
                              did you say you use Lightwave?

Comment

C
                                I'm new here myself, but I'm apt to welcome all artist here.
                                So you're totally welcome.

hmm i am a sketchup user....(transitioning to LW) but ill check the thread m8!

Hey thanks man im still not happy with the texture though need to wor on it some more!

Hey chrono sorry i missed ya but better late then never, welcome to GW and the OSTD!
                                did you say you use Lightwave?
                                Now I know you're an artist...perfectionist.

Comment

Working...
                                X