This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its probably his annihilator.

everything takes longer in podium. if you add textures, if you add shadows, if you add background, etc.

most notably: simple textures like colors render faster than high detail ones.

Comment

Its a rail gun battery on the Aria Flagship. (yep, now it has to be an annihaltor )
      Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
      sigpic

Comment

it's cool though

www.darkarmada.nl
        www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Alx, welcome to the OSDT. Do you do any 3d modelling?

sigpic

Comment

if you do not, just try some with Sketch Up7, its a good way to start

www.darkarmada.nl
            www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Well, i've gone back to this old relic and given it a nice render with some flaws. Isn't it nice how the red and blue just get in the way of the whole thing

Spoiler:

Yep, i need to dial down the reflection.

i'll put up a render of the whole thing when my computer lets me.
              sigpic

Comment

focus on the ships 442, they're better!

sigpic

Comment

sure, whatever you say....

What do i render? Ask and I'll render it, right now i'm rendering the Aria. What next?
                  sigpic

Comment

I want to see you render the Aria, It was your ship that you were most proud of. Would be nice to see how you render it; maybe a nice scene.

sigpic

Comment

The hyperspace rescue shipto be carried on my combat carrier. The top ship was an early concept for the stealth ship challenge that was dropped in favour of the armoured stealth design.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Very nice.....Green if it lets me

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Hey first time posting here been watching here for a while and would like to say you are all awsome and wish i could do stuff like this but sadly i am actually useless at it lol i love the whole range of ships you have merlin love the shapes you use

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post

Very nice.....Green if it lets me
                            Originally posted by da31989 View Post
                            Hey first time posting here been watching here for a while and would like to say you are all awsome and wish i could do stuff like this but sadly i am actually useless at it lol i love the whole range of ships you have merlin love the shapes you use
                            cheers.

I want this ship to be hyperspace and atmospheric; a really quick ship. Its sleek look also gives the onlooker the imediate feel of a fast ship. The plan is that it can be carried on the combat carrier, when the alarm is raised that an SG team is in trouble the carrier can jump close to the planet and then this can go down to the planet, in affect a transport ship.

It has a cockpit for two, like a 302 or panthetor class fighter, using the neck of the ship for crew. As it also has a look of a private jet a couple could be retro-fitted for the IOA to jet to meetings...lol

sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by da31989
                              the answer is sketchup. just google

Comment

Nice Gareth.

Sadly my laptop has been rained on. *breaks into song* 'why does it always rain on me...' Its the keyboard from what i can tell at the moment. Any ideas on what i should get as a next laptop? somethign good for 3d modeling, i might try my hand at blender again.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X