X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i see nothing

Comment

i am learning blender. and i have to say, its quite easy to use. sketchup is easier, that's for sure. a vase for example is easily made via a circle and drawing an outline and then follow me too.

sketchup operates around line drawing. you draw a ship.
      blender operates around object manipulation. you dont draw a ship, you take a box, and manipulate it, engines are made by manipulating cyllinders, guns via boxes and cyllinders.

perhaps harder at first, but i see the possibilities

Comment

Originally posted by Omnipotent
        Huh? my pic isnt showing up?
        Nope.

Did you upload it to a hosting site like photobucket or imageshake?

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
        Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Huh? my pic isnt showing up?
          It's from your GW album.. do you have it set to friends only?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            i am learning blender. and i have to say, its quite easy to use. sketchup is easier, that's for sure. a vase for example is easily made via a circle and drawing an outline and then follow me too.

blender operates around object manipulation. you dont draw a ship, you take a box, and manipulate it, engines are made by manipulating cyllinders, guns via boxes and cyllinders.

I like Lightwave. Watch a couple of video tutorials, play around with the lovely features, and you're good to go.
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Making a vase in Blender is fairly similar.. Draw the profile and rotate 360 degrees.. you can even set how many steps it should use which can make it perfectly round

And just wait until you start learning about fluid and soft body animations and the game engine

Comment

Anyways here she is

Spoiler:

3000m long
                2100m wide
                500m tall
                Asgard/Tau'Ri Style

And yes thats a 304 exiting the hangarbay....
                You have been greened because I like the style. Will there be weapons, or shall it be a carrier class?
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks m8 glad ya liked it
                  and yes there will be weapons lots of them as think of this ship as a Battleship that can maintain repair and rearm several 304 size vessels
                  it can also act as a Base of operation in intergalactic mapping/exploring/conquering etc

Btw it also has an onboard Version of the SGC
                  Im putting alot of detail into this one.
                  Fun fun. I'm working on making a Tollan Ion Cannon. What program do you use?

sigpic

Comment

how big is it? I thought it was a nice design until i saw that a 304 was being used like a 302! Seems way too big, must be over 4 thousand M long maybe near 5 thousand as a 304 is about 630m long.

Without seeing the 304 would have been nice as a destroyer or a heavy cruiser, even a battleship.
                    Last edited by Merlin1701; 14 August 2009, 10:18 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                      Fun fun. I'm working on making a Tollan Ion Cannon. What program do you use?
                      cool a tollan ion cannon huh? hows it coming along then?
                      Im using Sketchup works fine for me and what i want to do and i just started using it about two weeks ago havnt used any 3d Modeling software in the past
                      And this is my 4th creation with sketchup. what software are you using?

Comment

I now your new so I won't rise to the previous post.

Atlantis is smaller than that from boberths calulations I think he put it around 4000m long, I will wait for somebody else to state it and I will also wait for 442 to direct you to the fanwank ship design thread.

Please remember that Gateworld is a site for everyone and nobody should create personal attacks. I have not reported your post as you are new to the forum however please remember that when posting designs here you will recieve comments from other members...good and bad. These comments are aimed to assist you improve your ship and future designs.

There are no rules to ship design but to avoid fanwank we use existing information from the show and information researched to create ship designs that fit within the stargate universe.
                        Last edited by Merlin1701; 14 August 2009, 11:25 PM.

sigpic

Comment

wah wah wha crybaby!
                          c'mon. everybody here can solve a dispute better than that. doing that makes you look like a fool. here, you win by outwitting, by giving better arguments, not tossing out senseless stuff like that and running away, which is equal to a very humiliating defeat

to add further:

i still cant see the ship. when i click that spoiler, there's just... nothing.

Comment

i still cant see the ship. when i click that spoiler, there's just... nothing.
                            I know i removed the pics.

Comment

i never saw them.

even when you just posted them.

Comment

i never saw them.

even when you just posted them.
                                To bad you missed em maybe theyll show up in the future although not in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X