Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd just like to say(as the OP) that I cant believe how sucessful this thread has become. Also BUMP lol. Ive been thinking about a supercarrier recently-I might post the detail soon, though I cant make models for the life of me so there will be none. One of you can make a model for it if you like it I am sure.

Ya'll seem to rock(like say cooky).
    Semper Vigilans!

Play www.stargatewars.com
    +
    Join the Adeptus Astartes

Comment

i have to say this thread is pretty awesome, its my third favourate ship design thread, just because i have a bias towards my ones! although my first one is MIA!!! Grrr!
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

hahaha

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Its actually pissing me off stillll! i mean this forum still has threads since the dawn of time, how come my one got sucked in to a black hole..it just vanished from all existance, from post counts, from the thread cration history...everywhere! It was the first ship design thread too and GRRR, i hate Gw for that erasing of the thread alone, and thats the only reason!
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Publius Aemilius Aper
            I'd just like to say(as the OP) that I cant believe how sucessful this thread has become. Also BUMP lol. Ive been thinking about a supercarrier recently-I might post the detail soon, though I cant make models for the life of me so there will be none. One of you can make a model for it if you like it I am sure.

Ya'll seem to rock(like say cooky).
            Thanks! If you like my work, you should check out scifi meshes. The work those guys do puts mine to shame. Some amazing stuff there.

I'd be happy to moddle a ship for ya. If you post perspective shots like the 2d MS paint pics lots of guys are doing in this thread, I can turn those into moddles pretty easilly.

My lattest teaser, pictured with the Daedalus moddle I've been working on.

Comment

Originally posted by cooky
              I'd be happy to moddle a ship for ya. If you post perspective shots like the 2d MS paint pics lots of guys are doing in this thread, I can turn those into moddles pretty easilly.
              Here's my rendition of a dedicated intergalactic carrier:

You could ignore the words if you'd like.

Comment

Thanks! If you like my work, you should check out scifi meshes. The work those guys do puts mine to shame. Some amazing stuff there.

My lattest teaser, pictured with the Daedalus moddle I've been working on.

That would be good-I dunno if I will be able to produce even a paint model-I realy do suck at all things art related lol. ANyway, b4 i manage to iron out the details of my carrier I was wandering...

Ages ago I posted a design for a battlecruieser(Marathon class-I'm unsure about the exact page). It was meant to look like a Terran Battlecruiser from StarCraft. I was wanderng if you could model that(only if you have the time). Obviously feel free to employ artistic liscence to make it more SG like(if you decided to do it).
                Semper Vigilans!

Play www.stargatewars.com
                +
                Join the Adeptus Astartes

Comment

I'll see what I can do next week with both your ideas. Gonna be on a lake for the next few days though.

If you could find some good pics of the starcraft ship it'd be a big help.

Comment

Some of these are really good...
                    I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

that sci-fi mesh or w.e is a very nice site

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

If you could find some good pics of the starcraft ship it'd be a big help.
                        From Blizzard themselves you have a good image of the in-game graphic to the right. If you find it useful, Starcraft.org has some good FanArt of the BC.
                        This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
                          Here's my rendition of a dedicated intergalactic carrier:

You could ignore the words if you'd like.
                          I would be concerned about deploying them. So the fighters are supposed to land topside on the carrier or something? That seems really exposed. But I'm assuming you would have them coming out of the sides. With that being the case, would you include diagonal launch tubes like modern carriers?
                          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                          The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                          I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                          Caboose: They could be worse?
                          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
                            I would be concerned about deploying them. So the fighters are supposed to land topside on the carrier or something? That seems really exposed. But I'm assuming you would have them coming out of the sides. With that being the case, would you include diagonal launch tubes like modern carriers?
                            They are launched and recieved via a very large door in the front of the ship. There are no launch tubes or anything like that.

Comment

I'm not sure having only one launch bay is tactically adviseable. If that bay door is damaged beyond functioning, then that thing is defenseless, or at least a big liability with such reduced offensive capability. And if it's crazy commander decides to ram a target, then there will be no other way to evacuate the crew in the smaller craft then right into the target. Launching all your forces in one direction, then they can all be destroyed in one fell swoop. Diagonal and lateral launch vectors makes it much more unpredictable and tactically versatile.
                              Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                              The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                              I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                              A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                              That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                              Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                              Caboose: They could be worse?
                              Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
                                I'm not sure having only one launch bay is tactically adviseable. If that bay door is damaged beyond functioning, then that thing is defenseless, or at least a big liability with such reduced offensive capability. And if it's crazy commander decides to ram a target, then there will be no other way to evacuate the crew in the smaller craft then right into the target. Launching all your forces in one direction, then they can all be destroyed in one fell swoop. Diagonal and lateral launch vectors makes it much more unpredictable and tactically versatile.
                                Well I would hope people would be smart enough not to use the carrier as a ram. It doesn't have enough armour to do anything of worth in that area. Whether it is smart or dumb the ship is basically one big box with some hefty doors so the shield over the hangar area doesn't have to be on all the time.

there shouldn't be a large number of enemies close to the carrier since it's bassically meant to be really far away from the battle. It just doesn't have the offensive capabilities that the Daedalus class have. In combat the hangar doors would be open constantly to allow fighters to enter and exit the hangar bay at will throughout the fighting.

Also the Daedalus ships have two hangars with only one known entrance/exit point and they face forewards. This ship is roughly the size of the DSC-304 only it has a much larger hangar and far fewer weapons.

Comment

Working...
                                X