Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*the three modelers looking at the thread click their fingers, getting ready to post their ideas*

You could make it a little bit like the Aria's plasma cannons. But not exactly like them. Just raise it up and make the joints a bit more 'less flimsy'. Killman said what i meant to say, just i didn't put it in the right words. You could make the base a bit tall as well. Make the connecting joints a bit more bulky. The barrels, IMO are fine.
    Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
    sigpic

Comment

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...54f54451f9f1b0

See if any of those might work better.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

ehh experi, I must urge you to take a look at your Aria big guns. Those connections seem far more fragile then mine. And as for firing arc, It may be my eyes that play tricks on me, but it seems those have a rather limited arc, even more then mine.

www.darkarmada.nl
        www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

fighting over turrets, calm down lads!

sigpic

Comment

Loc: I think you're using the low poly version. I had to cut down on quite a bit to let it into the warehouse. I'm about to put parts for the new detailed version in a few hours or so. There will be quite a few parts though...
            sigpic

Comment

just put the guns into the warehouse

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Comment

I am sorry if this is not the proper place for this, but I was directed here from the Virtual Fleet 3.0 thread. This is a ship I designed, hopefully for use in at least one iteration of virtual fleet. I will put the specs in spoiler tags to try to reduce the clutter it adds to the board.

Please excuse me if this is not the proper place. I have designed a ship which, if at all possible, I would like to have included in Virtual Fleet. I am still working on the Technical and Historical Notes section but have included the basic history and tried to put at least cursory justification for some of the more overpowered elements (namely that none of them work).

I am worried that the ship might still be fanwank so if anyone sees any flaws with it I would be very appreciative of correction. Again, I am sorry if this is not the place I should post this. If anyone has ideas for who should be piloting it I would love input as I have not had time to give much thought to that.

I will put the design in a spoilers tag so that this post will hopefully not clutter the board. Thank you for your patience in reading this and with my newness.

Spoiler:
                Technical

Name: Ouranos

Type: Long Range Hyperspace capable autonomous dreadnaught

Technology base: Ancient

Operators: Ancients (planned), Humans from Earth or with ATA gene (presumed)

Naval Classification: Supership (With full power), Battleship (Less than full power)

Hull: Naquadah/trinium/carbon alloy (Note: Provisional. Whatever it was the ancients built their ships out of)

Dimensions: ~Length: 7500m ~Width: 1500m ~Height: 350m

Crew:
                ~Minimum Personnel: 1 (Using control chair+ Nearly ascended levels of concentration and mental ability)
                ~Maximum Personnel: 580
                ~Troops: 0

Craft: Puddle Jumper x 120

Vehicles: 0

Power plant:
                18 Ancient Reactors
                (Similar to NIGs but don’t use nutronuim Quote Season 5 “The Shrine”: McKAY: Or a super-heavy element the Ancients used to use as an energy source.)

3 ZPM (Note not necessary for basic functioning)
                Project Arcturus Device (Incomplete see History)

Engines:
                Ancient Stardrive (Upgraded version of Atlantis Stardrive)
                Wormhole Drive (3 ZPM)

Armament/Weapons:
                124 x Ancient Pulse Weapons
                12 x Lantean Lagrange Satellite weapons (Requires 1 ZPM)
                6 x Ancient Outpost Level drone weapon systems (Requires 2 ZPM)
                2 x Arcturus Weapeans (Requires 3 ZPM)

Defences:
                Ancient Shields (3~4 times as powerful as Aurora class)
                Ancient Shields (Similar in power requirements and ability to Atlantis) (Require 1 ZPM min)

Other Technology:
                Ancient Beam Transporters
                Crew Stasis pods
                Control Chair
                Medical Facilities
                Deep Space Sensors
                Lifesigns detectors
                Cloaking Device (Requires 1 ZPM) (Can be used simultaneously with weaker shields)
                Inertial dampener
                Supspace Communication Systems
                Intergalactic Communication Systems (Incomplete)
                Molecular construction device (Used almost exclusively for drone replenishment) (Underpowered)
                Arcturus Device (Can replace all ZPM requirements) (See History)

Technical and Historical Notes:

The Ouranos exits for one reason. The need for its existence was vital, but when time came for it to perform, it was unable. That purpose was to break the siege of Atlantis and allow the Ancients to turn the tide of the Wraith war by effectively neutralizing their incredible numerical superiority.

While its design and construction began before the siege was begun the more foresighted of the ancients knew that such an event was likely to occur and so began work on it while they still had the ability to do so. Its shipyard and berth were located deep in Lantean territory, nearly at the edge of Pegasus. However the time came when connection was cut off by the Wraith fleets.

With the construction yard isolated from Atlantis the speed at which the ship was being build decreased dramatically. While even without the intended ZPMs the ship was formidable; it was not powerful enough to break the siege. To its builders there was only one other option. Project Arcturus which had been implemented to defend the Dorandans was seen as a way to circumvent the shortage of ZPMs. By the time that the fatal flaw with the project was uncovered (thankfully before any major damage was done) it was too late to remove the inoperably device from the superstructure so the ZPM power conduits were expanded to connect to the intended weapons.

Sensing the need for a self sufficient ship, as their own supply problems illustrated, the designers included a self replenishment system that, while designed primarily to replenish the quickly to be depleted drone armament, could be used to fabricate most vital components.

When the ship was finally complete, save the lack of ZPM’s, nonfunctional Arcturus device, and intergalactic hyperdrive, the decision reached the builders that the time had come to leave Pegasus. Thus the powerful warship was left in its berth.

The shape of the ship is best described as two isosceles trapezoids one representing the front 2/3 of the ship and another the back 1/3. The turret weapons are located at the top and bottom at the the linking point of the two trapezoids. The Lantean satellite weapons are located near the corners at the top and bottom. The drone emergence points are located: at the chin of the ship, two on the top 1/3 the way from the joining point on the long end, on the top in the middle of the back trapezoid, and two on the bottom along the joining seam.
                Last edited by Exthalion; 24 July 2009, 09:32 AM.
                My Tep senses are tingling.

That I will have to edit is assumed.

Comments and critiques are always welcome. Please, tell me what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                  fighting over turrets, calm down lads!
                  That my good sir IS............impossible!
                  Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

lol

www.darkarmada.nl
                    www.runescape.com

Comment

Since you all were talking of turrets, can I add my bit?
                      Spoiler:
                      Data: AC401a & b Tornado: Cargo/ attack/ patrol-scout craft and sometimes bomber, somewhat resembling a bloated, stretched F302/7E on steroids, with wings that have three hard points each. Has a crew of two to six or more in the case of scouting/ recon missions. Cargo space in the A model can carry up to twenty eight fully equipped troops, or various palletised loads, two humvees or one armoured infantry fighting vehicle such as the Stryker/ Piranha LAV type. The B model’s are shorter and shallower in depth and can carry fourteen troops or smaller payloads (eg one Humvee or the SGC long range patrol vehicle). Both models have standard 302 cloaking and a ventral gun pod (in this case mounted on top, just behind the cockpit, the A model’s gun is larger) for self defence. Rear loading ramp, with engine nozzles arranged above and one on each side. Has downward jet nozzles for VTOL in atmosphere. The Tornado has beaming and ring transport capability. The cargo space can be sealed off from the cockpit, with bomb racks installed, a twenty five thousand kilogram load of conventional ordinance for the ‘A’ or ten thousand kg’s in the ‘B’; ie bombs or missiles, can be delivered, via opening bay doors beneath the hull, just forward of the transport rings. The B version is the one primarily used for prolonged extended range patrol and scouting, beyond the capabilities of the F307E. (The Tornado was actually designed from a series of sketches done by Teal’c and Vala Mal Doran.) A C403 is being based on the 401 as the ‘Hercules’ of space. Basically it will just be an enlarged 401, with the ability to carry loads such as ‘Abrams’ MBT’s and similar weighted cargo, or a whole lot of troops and their gear. The only constraints on the design is that it still has to fit through the hangar opening on the 310's and 340's.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                      My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                      sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

The wings look...useless.
                        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Looks alot like a Chinook.
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          11000! green me

Comment

the wings are filled with fighterbays

www.darkarmada.nl
                            www.runescape.com

Comment

Not likely. The wings are very thin and flimsy...no way could they support fighters, thats if ive got the right model in mind.
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Loc: They mean puddlejumper.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X