This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
    Most people make them up. A few people (like myself) use actual naval and air force designations, like DDG for destroyer, BB for battleship, C for carrier, etc.
    Most of which are pretty pointless anyways in a space environment and are only used for the romantic connotations of the wet navy environment.

Comment

exactly, in stargate they have created DSC. Does it really matter?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
        exactly, in stargate they have created DSC. Does it really matter?
        Not really. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Actually, DSC is not cannon. In fact, BC used to be more popular.
          sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Didn't they call it a deep space carrier in the first Oddy ep? aren't there any closeups of the name of the ship, class and stuff should be there too, right?
            sigpic

Spoiler:
            Originally posted by IMDB
            Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
            Hehe

Comment

Dsc was seen on the odyssey patches early on..... And the daedalus had a crest on the bridge late on in sg:a stating that it was a dsc, not bc.

Iirc.... The only person to call it a battle cruiser was the ioa twerp in aot.....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

The name plates have Deep Space Cruiser (well, Odyssey and the alternate Daedalus did, Apollo doesn't and Daedalus in early seasons didn't), but the 304 is a sister/replacement class to the Battlecruiser Prometheus. Plus, DSC is fan-made I'm pretty sure. No official abbreviation for Deep Space Cruiser was coined.

If it was an actual ship in real life, the abbreviation would probably be SCG, or something similar. (They couldn't use that though, for obvious reasons. )
                sigpic

Comment

DSC can't be fan made...... it was seen clearly on the patch Emerson had on his flight suit in one of the first episodes the Odyssey appeared in.

and the crest was seen in the first episode of SG:A S5

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                    DSC can't be fan made...... it was seen clearly on the patch Emerson had on his flight suit in one of the first episodes the Odyssey appeared in.

and the crest was seen in the first episode of SG:A S5
                    Not to mention an episode that takes place sometime after Emerson's death where they're in the Briefing Room of the Odyssey and it says DSC-304 on the screen.

Comment

Anyway, here's some pics of my new work in progress, the BB-306.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Spoiler:
                      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                      Hehe

Comment

its got good potential.
                        Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                        sigpic

Comment

Atm it's a little shorter than 600 meters, but when i started out it was about 1300... But when i realised how HUGE that was when i looked at it from the little persons (that guy in white shirt and blue jeans, and grey/black/white sneakers that's always there when you start out. btw, if you erase him, is there a way to replace him?) view, and i scaled it down to half the size.
                          sigpic

Spoiler:
                          Hehe

Comment

You know, "good potential" is kind of redundant.
                            sigpic

Comment

I've been working on my greebling, what do you think? (no textures)

Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Spoiler:
                              Hehe

Comment

looks good

www.darkarmada.nl
                                www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Working...
                                X