Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. Copy the uncompleted lines, then form the tubes around the copied lines, then move the new tubes back on top of the first tubes.
    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
      Yes. Copy the uncompleted lines, then form the tubes around the copied lines, then move the new tubes back on top of the first tubes.
      The problem is forming the tubes, sketchup is no made for the sort of complex orientations of all these lines. Each set has a different angle on all three axis, so while I can copy and reverse along an axis once I completed a mold, first making hat could is hell.

Comment

But if you copy the uncovered lines, they'll still be oriented correctly, and "follow-me" will orient the tubes the same way.
        sigpic

Comment

But if you copy the uncovered lines, they'll still be oriented correctly, and "follow-me" will orient the tubes the same way.
          I tried follow me, the resulting tubes end up being slued into oval cross sections, for some reason it won't align them perpendicularly.

Comment

select all the lines then use the follow me tool to make the circle go the whole way around. that mihgt work, or is that what was just proposed?
            Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
              I tried follow me, the resulting tubes end up being slued into oval cross sections, for some reason it won't align them perpendicularly.
              Huh.

Then I guess you'll just have to orient the circles in each dimension before pulling them.
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

I need professional help, is there a quick and easy way of completing this shape, enveloping every line in a tube, as seen?
                Hm. If all of the triangles and equal to each other then you could start copying each completed triangle and adjust the angle to the new required angle. Some of these will only require you to flip the thing along an access or rotate the thing ninety degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                  Hm. If all of the triangles and equal to each other then you could start copying each completed triangle and adjust the angle to the new required angle. Some of these will only require you to flip the thing along an access or rotate the thing ninety degrees.
                  That's the way I did it with the middle section you see now completed. But eventually, you get to the pint where the angles are too different and you have to make a new set of tubes.

Huh.

Then I guess you'll just have to orient the circles in each dimension before pulling them.
                  *sights* Oh well...

Comment

Sorry. I honestly can't think of a better way.
                    sigpic

Comment

That's the way I did it with the middle section you see now completed. But eventually, you get to the pint where the angles are too different and you have to make a new set of tubes.
                      So that would mean that all of the angles are not equal. Otherwise my idea, and yours, would have worked and we wouldn't be having this discussion. So my only idea now is to start over and make sure that you have the proper angles for this to work otherwise you will have to take the long route.

Comment

This is a newish destroyer/cruiser thing i have been playing around with lately. i doubt ill enter it into the challange though

Spoiler:
                        Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

looks good

This is as far as i can get in sketchup without having to watch another toutorial. (wraith cruiser/frigate/corvette/ i don't really know.)

Spoiler:

its in the warehouse for people to mess around with.
                          Last edited by Experiment 442; 30 May 2009, 11:39 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

that looks great! what tutorials are you watching?
                            sigpic

Spoiler:
                            Originally posted by IMDB
                            Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                            Hehe

Comment

all of them. im halfway through.
                              sigpic

Comment

Vielleicht soll ich es auch ein mahl probieren. Das machen vom Wraithschiff, meine ich.

www.darkarmada.nl
                                www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Working...
                                X