This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
    Then buy a cheaper one then...and in future store petty cash for quick use.
    i will, however, that delays any progress by at least a few more days. which isn't good.
    sigpic

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by IMDB
    Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
    Hehe

Comment

you must really live in the sticks!

sigpic

Comment

kinda, but not really. i can count at least 3 computer hardware stores in town, but since my mother insists on doing everything herself, it will take untill at least thursday, and by then, it will probably be too late. looks like i'm gonna have to drop out of the challange...
        the ship's been feeling kinda "meh" lately anyway, will probably continue on after the challange and make something truly awesome of it
        sigpic

Spoiler:
        Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
        Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
          kinda, but not really. i can count at least 3 computer hardware stores in town, but since my mother insists on doing everything herself, it will take untill at least thursday, and by then, it will probably be too late. looks like i'm gonna have to drop out of the challange...
          the ship's been feeling kinda "meh" lately anyway, will probably continue on after the challange and make something truly awesome of it
          the challenge closes early june...loads of time yet!

sigpic

Comment

i thought it was due may 22? huh, seemes i have time after all. though, i'm not really fond of the tech restrictions... and splitting the ship never works well. i'll try to figure out where to go from here.
            sigpic

Spoiler:
            Hehe

Comment

whats up with the tech restrictions?

why are you splitting it?

sigpic

Comment

it worked well for me, the ship is now nice and symmetrical

www.darkarmada.nl
                www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                  whats up with the tech restrictions?

Originally posted by Boberth2o
                  2. Steer clear of technologies in the challenges that are not present in the current shows or movies. If new ones are introduced then it's fair game in the challenge. If there are any changes regarding technology then they will be noted in the challenge requirements.
                  Originally posted by Boberth2o
                  As always respect the rules of the tech and the genre
                  doesn't leave a lot to imagnation, exept for maybe how to do your paneling, if conservatively interpreted

Originally posted by Merlin1701
                  why are you splitting it?
                  well, i wanna do a ship that uses evolved versions of the tech seen in SG, but since it hasn't been seen, that's not allowed. and doing one version for the challange and one for my own personal joy would just kill it.
                  sigpic

Spoiler:
                  Hehe

Comment

what technologies do you want to evolve and to what stage...?
                    Last edited by Merlin1701; 17 May 2009, 10:34 AM.

sigpic

Comment

take the plasma guns, for example. a beam and a bolt are just two different shapes of the released energy, and a turret should be able to have both settings. and if there is someting special with the APBW, exept the beam part, why wouldn't you be able to shape that beam to a bolt? and Ion engines. earth have had access to the tech since mid-SG1, via the Hebredians or whatever they were called. and if that wasn't enough, we now have both the asgard and ancient databases. seriously? we can build AR-drives, but not an ion engine? how likley is that?
                      sigpic

Spoiler:
                      Hehe

Comment

Those techs are in the show...whats the problem?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                          doesn't leave a lot to imagnation, exept for maybe how to do your paneling, if conservatively interpreted
                          The purpose isn't the technology it's the ship you create with it.
                          sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

i completely agree!

look at my ship design, its totally unconventional but fun. this challenge forces you to think out the box.

www.darkarmada.nl
                            www.runescape.com

Comment

I interpreted the rules as if the target race haven't demonstrated the tech, it's not allowed. i tried to ask you if thats what you meant, boberth, but you just said to read the rules. if you're telling me i missunderstood, then hey, that stuff happens.
                              Last edited by tjoflojt; 17 May 2009, 08:50 AM.
                              sigpic

Spoiler:
                              Hehe

Comment

just use cannon, if a race has the possibility of getting a certain techt, will they have the capability of using it and perhaps editting it. then you should be capable of using it

www.darkarmada.nl
                                www.runescape.com

Comment

Working...
                                X