Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea i have been following this tread for a while now and have seen cookys work develope.

Pyrus i saw your ship over on sci fi meshes but im to much of a noob to post there. I think its awsome have been watching it develope. keep it commin! maby you and cooky could give me some tips?

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrus
      Hi, I'm new here and just saw this thread and thought I'd add a ship I've been making over on Sci-Fi Meshes.

Wow, cool ship Pyrus. it looks like a cross between the BC-304 and the Asgard's O'neil ships.

Comment

Hi, I'm new here and just saw this thread and thought I'd add a ship I've been making over on Sci-Fi Meshes.
        That's a very cool ship.

But I realize that now all of my ships, which are done in Paint, are going to suck in comparison.

Comment

Man...I need some tutorial help w/Blender...
          "Those who listen the most experience the least."

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
            That's a very cool ship.

But I realize that now all of my ships, which are done in Paint, are going to suck in comparison.

dont worry, im with you on using paint=D

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

i found the tutorials here were very helopful to get me started

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro

alot of it however take good old fashioned deep thought. many a time i wanted to do somthing that i couldnt find in the tutorial but i got there in the end . Im still a noob put its comming on.

i have a fue new pics of the weapons and engins on the serpant class crusier, its commin on nicely at the moment. tell me what you think.

Last edited by JRPR; 07 June 2006, 09:23 AM.

Comment

all i can say is WOW, i think this can be one of the few origional starships that wouldnt look too out of place in the real series, it could very easily be our next ship class...i think you should be really proud of this JRPR.

Immhotep

btw, Pyrus i think that ship is incredible! if you have got specs for it over at the other site please post them here...if the asgard ever want to create a new ship, i vote the PTB use that as a template...im stunned, its brilliant!
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

i am very proud of my ship and im going to keep on developing it. In the end i will repost the specs but one or 2 things have changed weapons wize.
                  Pyrus your ship is awsome. maby when i come to textuing mine you can give me a fue pointers because i dont know how to get the hull plating look that everyone seems to achive on sci fi meshes.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your praise. I would post some specs, but I haven't made any, I just made it as ideas came to me.

Comment

imo, it looks more like an earth ship, based off the design of the dsc-304, it is the bc-305, in season 10, it could be introduced and new way of ACTUALLY fighting something besides 4 rail guns

anywho i think of it as a sleek earth ship, rather then an asgard ship..

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

I think i agree with that, but i think this maybe be a design for the next centurie; after atlantis and the wraith and the asgard and the ori have all given us a greater technology base by fighting them, like we did with the goauld, the next level if you will.
                        Its a great design Pyros, please either make some specs or assign someone to get some for you !
                        - name: Oniels Hammer or Anvil, i like anvil, Oniels Anvil!
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

Thanks everyone. OK, lets have a bash at some specs.

Name: Icarus

Propulsion:
                          - Sublight Engines: 60 PSL
                          - Asgard Intergalactic Hyperdrive

Defensive:
                          - Savalged Ori Battlecruiser Shield Generator w/Asgard backup
                          - Trinium hull

Offensive:
                          - Point Defense Railguns
                          - Retrofitted Ancient (Alteran) Drone Launcher
                          - Naquadah Enhanced Nuclear Warheads
                          - 30 Next Generation Support Fighters

Other:
                          - Asgard Beaming Technology
                          - Ancient Control Chair (for Drones)
                          - Goa'uld/Ancient Transport Rings
                          - Ship-board Stargate

If anyone can think of anything else, please post them.

Comment

Thanks everyone. OK, lets have a bash at some specs.

Name: Icarus

Propulsion:
                            - Sublight Engines: 60 PSL
                            - Asgard Intergalactic Hyperdrive

Defensive:
                            - Trinium hull

Offensive:
                            - Point Defense Railguns
                            - Naquadah Enhanced Nuclear Warheads
                            - 30 Next Generation Support Fighters

Other:
                            - Asgard Beaming Technology
                            - Goa'uld/Ancient Transport Rings
                            - Ship-board Stargate

If anyone can think of anything else, please post them.
                            Fanwank!

Best Stargate quote:
                            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

Yeah, i know it seems a bit over the top, but I liked the sound of it being a future vessel, and it's possible that they could put that kind of tech on board.

Comment

being a future vessel, and it's possible that they could put that kind of tech on board.
                                Not a chance for these:

Best Stargate quote:
                                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                                Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X