• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya that might be bit overkill.

Comment

bomber pics! YAY

Spoiler:

I will make the turrets smaller and less... bulky... and i think i might try an inside with this one...
      Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
      sigpic

Comment

been watching SW: ESB lately?

Spoiler:

snowspeeder:
        sigpic

Spoiler:
        Originally posted by IMDB
        Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
        Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
          been watching SW: ESB lately?

Spoiler:

snowspeeder:
          its a bit small. lol
          sigpic

Comment

Proof that I'm not dead yet.

Spoiler:
            A new scene with the USAF Tempest

The start of a underground base to go with my ancient bomber.

And the start of an ancient light cruiser.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
            Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Yup RJB you most definitely aren't dead, neither am I... though I can't say whether or not I'm alive either.

Alright as proof. Here is my tentatively named
              Cretomb class Deep Space Assault Scout. I'm not finished with the pictures so feel free to criticize... so long as there is a point to it.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
              Cretomb–class

~Type: Midsize Deep Space Assault Scout

~Role: Deep Space Patrol and Assault

~Users: Stargate Conspiracy Nations, Atlantis’ Pegasus Defense Forces

~Technology Base: Earth/Goa’uld/Asgard

~Builders:

Area 51 Site C-167

~Dimensions:

-Length: 42.5m (overall)

-Beam: 31.364m (overall)

-Draft: 15.15m (overall)

~Capacity:

-Crew: 17

-Passengers: 45+

~Power-plant:

1x midsize ship based naquadah reactor

4x small ship based reactors

~Propulsion:

1x main drive system (based off of Goa’uld SRD)

2x internal Asgard Pillar-type Hyperdrives

?x many SR maneuvering thrusters

~Armament:

2x 30mm fast tracking railguns

2x Special Enhanced Plasma bolt Cannons

~Defenses:

Earth/Asgard shield with thrice redundant buffer systems

2” Layered Trinium/Carbon/Titanium alloy and Ceramic Composite armor.

~Additional Technology:

Small Asgard beaming array

Extensive long range sensor suite

~Technical and Historical Notes~

Designed in an ill fated alternate reality. The Cretomb-class Long Range Assault Scout never made it out of the design phase in that reality due to the collapse of all life on Earth from a resurgent Ori plague.

In an unlikely turn of events SG-14 became trapped on this alternate Earth when an over energized Stargate randomly dumped them there. Thankfully the plaque had already played itself out and it was safe to be there without special protection. Unfortunately SG-14 was unable to gain allied assistance both because of the quarantine protocol initiated by SGC personnel during the plague outbreak and because of the total lack of allies left in the galaxy.

After nearly half a year of exploration and experimentation they were able to use that realities quantum mirror in conjunction with the now unfettered Stargate to open a wormhole back to their home reality. They were also able to take several records and unique technologies that were discovered there back with them through the wormhole. It was not a smooth ride however. During the transition two of the team were burned beyond all recognition and a third lost three limbs to frostbite.

Once they had returned most of the technologies and records that had made it with them were soon transferred to Area 51 Site C-167, the alternate ships and technologies research, development, and production facility. The entirely complete, and comprehensive, Cretomb designs were evaluated and quickly shared with other nations in lieu of more sensitive technologies and more powerful ship designs.

It is now one of the most widely used human starship designs ever produced being used by all nations on Earth that are in on the Stargate conspiracy. Even with its lack of missiles and railguns it has sufficient firepower to take on anything within its size range and a little bit larger as well as acting as a deterrent to much larger ships that it comes into contact with on its missions. The Cretomb-class as it was originally is projected to last long into the 10 year mark and, with upgrades, could potentially still be effective as late as 25 years from the inception of its use by Earth based forces.

So what are everyone's thoughts?

Comment

bob, how the Vespertillo coming along? last time it was looking, as the young people put it, 'epic'!
                sigpic

Comment

anyone interested in doing an advanced ha'tak for my fleet? has to ba about the same size, but just for war, not terror. anyone's free to participate, hell you don't even have to make a model. its just going a bit quiet in the thread...
                  sigpic

Comment

Sounds fun but I've never been too good at making ships with a lot of smooth curves on them so I'm going to decline.

Which is your fleet anyway?

Comment

virtual fleet of survival.
                      V V V V V its in my sig.
                      sigpic

Comment

Huh? I wonder why I didn't look there to begin with. I'll check it out. however most of the fleets seem to well get boring really fast to me. Then there's this thread that I really like which is basically killed because most people are busy in the fleet threads.

Hmm I don't suppose you have any thoughts on the
                        Cretomb class, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                          Huh? I wonder why I didn't look there to begin with. I'll check it out. however most of the fleets seem to well get boring really fast to me. Then there's this thread that I really like which is basically killed because most people are busy in the fleet threads.
                          My main turn off with the fleets is as they get bigger there just starts to be so much in fighting over which direction they should go.

Now as for ship building that is why me and others have started our own forum based purely on 3d modeling. Makes it much easier to look up different ships that have been posted months back also.
                          (link is in my sig)

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                          Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

I did a refit version of this with a 3rd turrent and no hanger bay

Spoiler:
                            Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

looks menacing, good job!
                              sigpic

Comment

Cool Battleship P90 it reminds me of the Iowa class battleships of WWII.

Anywho does anyone know the exact dimensions of the F-302? I need to know this for a new carrier design I'm working on.

Comment

Working...
                                X