This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
    I've..um.. i've always used Max......this is the first time i've used Meshsmooth

With the textures..... It's probably my weakest area..... I can see what you mean by the size of the texture (It's top of my list to fix as of now ) I had planned to have two textures to the hull (The black stripe was to be the break between the two)...... but i just couldn't find one in my list that i thought worked...

Thank you for your comments.....
    Ahhh sorry about that, I wasn't sure if it was you or someone else that had switched from Sketchup to MAX, I think someone did recently. I've been so busy with school that I haven't been keeping much track on people's ships, so I've forgotten who has done what. Now that I have looked back it's obvious that I had you mistaken with someone else. Sorry Dr. Lee haha
    , I do remember your previous ships now.

My suggestion for the textures is to go into GIMP or Photoshop and paste like 10 of those templates in a block, and then try to manipulate them to all look different, and to make the differences as subtle as possible so that the eye doesn't catch onto noticeable features in the texture that makes it obvious that it's repeating.

I haven't gotten used to that either yet, it's tricky to get good textures.

But yeah sorry for getting you mixed up haha, I like the smoothmesh effect.

Originally posted by locutes View Post
    i love your ship!

and you are all wrong, Simone Simons is the way to go, now SHE's CUTE
    How many Dutch people are in here? Hahaha, you guys could take the thread by force. What does she have to do with Firefly or Serenity though?

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
      Ahhh sorry about that, I wasn't sure if it was you or someone else that had switched from Sketchup to MAX, I think someone did recently. I've been so busy with school that I haven't been keeping much track on people's ships, so I've forgotten who has done what. Now that I have looked back it's obvious that I had you mistaken with someone else.

My suggestion for the textures is to go into GIMP or Photoshop and paste like 10 of those templates in a block, and then try to manipulate them to all look different, and to make the differences as subtle as possible so that the eye doesn't catch onto noticeable features in the texture that makes it obvious that it's repeating.

I haven't gotten used to that either yet, it's tricky to get good textures.

But yeah sorry for getting you mixed up haha, I like the smoothmesh effect.

How many Dutch people are in here? Hahaha, you guys could take the thread by force. What does she have to do with Firefly or Serenity though?
      i thought those were woman... (should have checked though, stupid me...)

www.darkarmada.nl
      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
        i thought those were woman... (should have checked though, stupid me...)
        Haha they are women, they're just from the Firefly/Serenity franchise. Jewel Staite played Kaylee before she became Dr. Keller on Stargate Atlantis, and Morena Baccarin played Inara on Firefly before she became Adria on SG-1.

I was just wondering if Simone Simons had some tie with Firefly that I didn't know of, so it was me who was confused haha.

Comment

im dutch too.

viva la hollandia.

Comment

we knew that cuz of your sig, your old one at least, and you've posted in dutch before. (at least i knew even before i joined this forum)

www.darkarmada.nl
            www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

yup. proud Groninger

Comment

Lucky Europeans with your swanky cultures and ease of travel

Comment

The Wraith Battle carrier, A massive craft that was put into production (started growth) sense the Atlantis expedition destroyed several hives with the Daedalus. Its hull is 38.999939 percent denser than that of a convensional hive it has power massive power generation capabilities and is the first of several new wraith ships.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

this is some pics of it compared to the BC-305

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

How does it look?
                  sigpic
                  Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
                  STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

It reminds me of a Mon Calamarie Cruiser......only purple.
                    Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
                      It reminds me of a Mon Calamarie Cruiser......only purple.
                      Um.. what is a mo Calamarie Cruiser
                      sigpic
                      STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

Originally posted by General_Finley View Post
                        Um.. what is a mo Calamarie Cruiser
                        http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mon_C...i_Star_Cruiser

Comment

Wow, they do look similare, but to tell the truth and I know most people are not going to like this I never really liked Star Wars and I honestly did not know about the ship.
                          sigpic
                          STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

Wow, they do look similare, but to tell the truth and I know most people are not going to like this I never really liked Star Wars and I honestly did not know about the ship.
                            Ehh its cool. People like different things im not gona begrudge you for that.

All in all thow i like the modle just needs alittle more detail thats all

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
                              Ehh its cool. People like different things im not gona begrudge you for that.

All in all thow i like the modle just needs alittle more detail thats all
                              Okay I'll put a little more work into it.
                              sigpic
                              STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

I'm not a big fan of Star Wars either lol, no worries.

I do agree though, it reminds me of that Star Wars ship. Those were my first thoughts upon seeing it too. But don't worry, it doesn't look like a copy or anything, yours still has a nice Wraith look to it. I like that shape as much as the Hive shape TBH.

Comment

Working...
                                X