This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
    If you're ship design is even .00000001% stargate then its welcome here, it dont need to be tauri just as long as it is stargate related it is fine. I might post my new corvette if i can be bothered.
    I don't think it even matters if it's Stargate or not. I'd gladly look at a Battlestar or something out of Firefly any day, or any other sci-fi. I always come to see the models that people are making, and TBH half of the ships (mine included) that are supposed to be Stargate really don't look the part anyway.

As long as people don't start inundating the thread with Trek and Star Wars ships we should be good, since the majority of us will be posting Stargate ships anyways since it's Gateworld after all.

I say post anything ship-related, regardless of the show.

I don't think there are any rules against that, and if there are then I stand corrected. There shouldn't be any though.

Then again it'd be nice for this to stay Stargate relevant lol, it seems like all of the big modelling sites are just flooded with hoards of Star Trek which would kill this thread for me hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
      I don't think it even matters if it's Stargate or not. I'd gladly look at a Battlestar or something out of Firefly any day, or any other sci-fi. I always come to see the models that people are making, and TBH half of the ships (mine included) that are supposed to be Stargate really don't look the part anyway.

As long as people don't start inundating the thread with Trek and Star Wars ships we should be good, since the majority of us will be posting Stargate ships anyways since it's Gateworld after all.

I say post anything ship-related, regardless of the show.

I don't think there are any rules against that, and if there are then I stand corrected. There shouldn't be any though.

Then again it'd be nice for this to stay Stargate relevant lol, it seems like all of the big modelling sites are just flooded with hoards of Star Trek which would kill this thread for me hahaha.

www.darkarmada.nl
      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Hey, Finger13! how's that übership of pwnage coming along?
        sigpic

Spoiler:
        Originally posted by IMDB
        Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
        Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
          Hey, Finger13! how's that übership of pwnage coming along?
          Haven't really had a chance to work on it. I've been meaning to but I've been quite busy. All my free time these past few weeks has gone into watching Firefly and Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles lol.

I'll post updates as they come.
          Last edited by Finger13; 18 March 2009, 04:48 AM.

Comment

just keep it up, 'couse it's beautiful!
            sigpic

Spoiler:
            Originally posted by IMDB
            Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
            Hehe

Comment

why did you have to change your sig? the last one rocked!
              Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Experiement 442 View Post
                why did you have to change your sig? the last one rocked!
                Because Firefly/Serenity + Summer Glau = awesome.

Comment

Because Firefly/Serenity + Summer Glau = awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                    See? Tom knows what I mean lol.

Comment

See? Tom knows what I mean lol.
                      I think everyone knows what you mean.
                      Although I am more of a fan of Morena Baccarin, still makes my heart go heavy that they cancelled firefly!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                        I think everyone knows what you mean.
                        Although I am more of a fan of Morena Baccarin, still makes my heart go heavy that they cancelled firefly!
                        I like Morena too, but Summer is just great lol. River Tam was by far my favourite character in Firefly, followed by Mal and Jayne, and I love Cameron in T: SCC. Nothing can beat River's quotes:
                        "His brains are in danger!" when she's talking about Book's hair lmao.
                        "No power in the 'verse can stop me." after sniping 3 guys with a hand gun and with her eyes closed.
                        "I swallowed a bug" after barely escaping from the Reavers.

I love her character hahaha, not to mention the Miranda Bar Fight and when she takes on all of the Reavers. Summer Glau is incredibly talented.

I always found Inara to be kind of meh to be honest. Morena did a great job acting and the character was fine enough, but she wasn't as awesome as River lol. I really liked Morena as Adria in SG-1 though, she pulled it off really well.

Comment

Jewel Staite for me.........

I posted these in the Modelling challange thread yesterday in their full HUUUUUUGE!!! format..... Here are some thumbnails of tyhese images via ImageShack

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                            Jewel Staite for me.........

I posted these in the Modelling challange thread yesterday in their full HUUUUUUGE!!! format..... Here are some thumbnails of tyhese images via ImageShack

Ahh forgot about Kaylee haha. My position still stands though .

I like your ship, it's good to see you branching out of SketchUp and into MAX (at least I think that's what you had said you were doing, right? It would explain the smoother hull and improved renders. It's been a while so if I'm wrong then sorry). You did an especially nice job at adding the details to the crew compartment of the ship. It looks like you managed to fit quite a bit in there.

My only gripes are the shape to a small extent and the textures. I mean the shape is pretty normal for a ship of this type, so it's not even that necessarily. It just needs more detailing on the sides, top and bottom to break up the ordinary shape of the hull, otherwise it looks kind of uninteresting in the middle you know?

You don't have to go all out with greebling and all of that, but just a bit of eye candy to break up the lines would be nice.

As for the textures, I think they could use a little more variation. The textures themselves look to be quite good, it's just that you used a very small texture to do the entire ship, and thus the repetition is quite obvious and detracts from the quality of the textures. I'd say keep the same template, but just mix up the colours a bit and save maybe 5 or 6, or even more if you have the time and then spread them out to break it up a bit. Because the textures themselves look fine, you just need a bit of variation in the colours.

Nice work, I like where it's heading.

Comment

I've..um.. i've always used Max......this is the first time i've used Meshsmooth

With the textures..... It's probably my weakest area..... I can see what you mean by the size of the texture (It's top of my list to fix as of now ) I had planned to have two textures to the hull (The black stripe was to be the break between the two)...... but i just couldn't find one in my list that i thought worked...

Thank you for your comments.....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

i love your ship!

and you are all wrong, Simone Simons is the way to go, now SHE's CUTE

www.darkarmada.nl
                                www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Working...
                                X