Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there is but im nnot sure....i never took the time to watch the tutorials
    Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

yea, soften/smooth edges

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        yea, soften/smooth edges
        Problem with it that is a little moody from time to time. I can never get it to look just right while using it.

Comment

Here we go.

I opened you model and the first thing I did was to reverse all of the purple faces to white, You just right click the face and select 'reverse face'. Then I removed all of the excess lines, I think you we're going to use them for paneling but I'm not sure.

Then I notices that the bridge was considerable large when compared to the size of the hanger bay. So I cut own the bridge window from better scaling. I also divided it into several sections, then I used the 'Offset' tool and offset the face to a smaller one like below.

Then I added used the off-set tool again and made a larger face then colored it a gray shade. I also erased those dividing lines.

Then to get away from the boxy shape of the bridge I used the offset tool to made a smaller face on the top of structure. Then used the 'Push/Pull' tool to lower the outside portion slightly. From there a just connected the corners to get a beveled look, I think that answers mikes question.

Then I decided to go to the missile silos. Which look like this:

The first thing to these is offset the little boxes into smaller ones. And, like on the bridge, I did that beveling process to the base.

Next, I colored the surfaces to distinguish them and pulled the back box up on each with the push/pull tool.

then to show where I think the missiles come out took the forward darker box and offset a smaller face into it, then I colored that a darker color used the push/pull tool to push both of those faces down, the darker one further.

Moving on the the side. I divided the side into usable portions for paneling and I offset that triangle four times, each being smaller.

Then I used the push/pull tool to bring the center to out. Then inside one less than the outside.

Then I colored that faces and connected some of the corners to get that beveled look.

Now moving to the rectangle beside it. I offset the rectangle twice, and then divided it into sixteenths. I did that by finding the mid-point of the first and dividing it with a line, then the next two, and then the next four...etc.

Then in each of those sixteenths I offset a smaller face into it.

Then I erased those sixteen dividing lines and then colored the faces. I pulled the outside face out and then connected the corners to the base and colored those . Getting that beveled look. I was going for a vent look of that panel.

sigpic
          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Thanks Bob ill try all that on the modle my self and see how it looks

Question thow. What about regulare panel? what would that look like?

Comment

That's only a little, you can still add piping, airlocks, windows, vents, fins...... there's alot
              sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                That's only a little, you can still add piping, airlocks, windows, vents, fins...... there's alot
                I didnt think about pips. How do you make them? I mean i tryed making like a shield generator but i find it gard to make a cylinder curve downward at the end of the cylinder.

Comment

magic of the follow-me tool

Comment

Which dosnt work most of the time and onl give the results comparable to using the push pull tool.

Comment

just like blue peter. for the model that bob added things to.
                      Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                      sigpic

Comment

Experiment your sig is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY to big. you might want to change it.

Comment

Hey Bob, finally finished texturing the twin cruiser
                          Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                            Hey Bob, finally finished texturing the twin cruiser
                            almost reminded me of the Albion

abd Bob the bridge umm there is a reason i had the window that big. It was ment to give a good panaramic view of the front of the ship. just saying.

Comment

Mike: God I love that ship more than the Daedalus Very Good Job

FN-P90: oh, lol that's good too.

More on the Vespertillo (btw vespertillo is a species of bat)

Spoiler:
                              sigpic
                              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Bob how do you make your piping?

Comment

Working...
                                X