This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
    Tom, if I find the words SGTN on another open thread ... I think I may have a conniption.
    A what? *simultaniously covers his tracks*

Comment

These are the specs and design notes for a ship a friend and me came up with.

There is no model as of yet.

Spoiler:
      Ship: “Cook”

Assignment: United Nations Navy – The Fifth fleet.
      Launched: May 2027
      Current Mission: Further Exploration of the Pegasus Galaxy.

First of a new class of space vessel the beginning of the Cook class begins nearly 10 years before it launch in January 2017.

After ten years of building FTL warships, Earth’s allies begin to press the United Nations to slow down production of its warship. The public was very against it, since everyone saw these ships as the primary means of defence against another, possible, Hostile Alien Invasion.

Soon the matter got very heated with threats to cut off supplies and resources to off world bases and Earth, and also possibly war. Wanting none of these the United Nations Council sanctioned the “Explorer Class” Project; to build a new class of ship primarily for deep space research.

The initial designing and planning were difficult, taking four years with many ideas and little success. In the meantime the UN substituted the heavily damaged Daedalus class “Victory” and refitted her into the UNRV “Athena” (X/RV-400). Finally, in 2023 the “Explorer Class” was approved and construction of the space frame.

Based on the earlier “BC-303” design, the Explorer was to be given the most advance sensors and computers Earth had ever built. Learning the lessons from the “303/305/312” classes, room for future system expansion was a primary design goal, making it versatile for a number of missions and continue serving Earth’s fleet for years to come.

Although lightly armoured, the original plans clearly indicated the ship would be unarmed. Unfortunately Earth’s allies could not guarantee they would not attack these peaceful “Explorers” (one major point was that they could easily be used for spying), thus the class was armed, enough to defend itself, but not pose a threat.

On the Summer of 2025, the Space frame X – 022A “Charlotte” was declared space worthy, and the UNAF performed months of enduring tests on the ship, its skeleton crew and systems until they were fully checked out and approved.

In 2026 the Air Force officially handed “Charlotte” over to the Navy, for an extensive year of refits and “straightening up”. Re-Commissioned “Cook” (RSV – 401), she was put under the command of Captain Narayana Prabhakara. The refit went smoothly and in late May 2027, the Cook was officially launched for her first official mission: Mapping the far side of the Pegasus Galaxy.

Ships of the Line

UNRV Cook Registration: RSV-401 [the first of its class] 2027 - ????
      UNRV Magellan Registration: RSV-402
      (?) UNRV McKay Registration: RSV-403

Crew breakdown:

Standard Crew: 130 in total

20 Officers
      30 Men
      15 Marines
      50 Scientists
      15 Civilians

Total = 130 men and women

What do you think? Figured you may need a break from the flood of warships we get on here.
      Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

I am now intrigue on what STTN is. I promise not even Jack Bauer would get it out of me if you decide to share.

Comment

I have NO idea what kind of ship this is. And i dont have a name either but oh well.

Spoiler:
          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Updated
            Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
              Started on a fighter who's wings fold and is able to fit through the gate.

Its meant to fight against the wraith. Has the same type of engine as a Dart, with 2 booster engines in the back to give it a little kick when on the run.

Spoiler:
              Fantastic render!

Comment

Updated
                Spoiler:
                I don't like the new wings even though there more detailed, I like the swept back position more because it's BA
                sigpic
                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Real ISS for size and some piping on the modules.

Spoiler:
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                    I don't like the new wings even though there more detailed, I like the swept back position more because it's BA

Still swept back, just a little bit thinner. I think I tilted them down some, I'll see if it looks better when their straight.
                    Visit my Website

Comment

Spoiler:

Still swept back, just a little bit thinner.
                      Yeah now that looks good,
                      Last edited by boberth2o; 04 March 2009, 05:14 PM.
                      sigpic
                      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I do like that fighter Mike.......would you ever consider allowing select people to use the mesh? If so can i put my name forward?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

It seemed a lot longer in perspective. Tricky optical ilusions.

Comment

Tom, we must have that fighter!
                            sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                              I do like that fighter Mike.......would you ever consider allowing select people to use the mesh? If so can i put my name forward?
                              Sure. But only released to a select few, that I know.

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                              It seemed a lot longer in perspective. Tricky optical ilusions.
                              Its magic lol. Still pretty big, it being like 1/3 of the ship.
                              Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                                Tom, we must have that fighter!
                                Now who's blabing?

Truth be told, I don't like it too much, the flight surfaces seem to be of the wrong size and placement.

Like, the vertical fins seem to far forward, the wings I think would be more apropriate if they were done like those of the Raptor.

And by and large, air fighters have largely been dispensed with by orbital guns and such later in the series to my knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                                X