This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
    Actully in combat i see these ships firing a salvo from a distance. like all at once. then manuvering and joining in if needed. What about a strong air blast like our troops use with those tank buster missles.
    Cold gas, exactly. Through it's ussualy CO2.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
      Cold gas, exactly. Through it's ussualy CO2.
      what about cold gas an a launch catapult
      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

what about cold gas an a launch catapult
        Too complicated. Moving parts are the bane of any vehicle. Cold gas serves fine here. You only swich over to catapults when you have so many missiles you can't start lugging around too much cold gas. That's fort eh really big ships with on bord reloads and actual ELS tubes.

Comment

Too complicated. Moving parts are the bane of any vehicle. Cold gas serves fine here. You only swich over to catapults when you have so many missiles you can't start lugging around too much cold gas. That's fort eh really big ships with on bord reloads and actual ELS tubes.
          w/e Im not sure what to make the missiles, nukes or something else.

Comment

w/e Im not sure what to make the missiles, nukes or something else.
            Nukes or multi-kinetic impactors (fancy for having them split into a swarm of smaller spikes with just enough thrust for terminal guidance).

Comment

Nukes or multi-kinetic impactors (fancy for having them split into a swarm of smaller spikes with just enough thrust for terminal guidance).
              What kind of nukes. like i said im trying to avoid an uber ship.

Comment

What kind of nukes. like i said im trying to avoid an uber ship.
                Naqudah catalysed hydrogen bombs.

Comment

Naqudah catalysed hydrogen bombs.
                  hom much damage do those do?

Comment

hom much damage do those do?
                    How should I know. I just know their the best the goverment tells us it has.

Comment

How should I know. I just know their the best the goverment tells us it has.
                      I dont want them to ne too strong. what kind of nukes dose the 304 have?

Comment

I dont want them to ne too strong. what kind of nukes dose the 304 have?
                        The same is my guess.

Let's face it, if your going to build a big arse intergalactic warship, you may as well give it the biggest guns you've got.

Comment

The same is my guess.

Let's face it, if your going to build a big arse intergalactic warship, you may as well give it the biggest guns you've got.
                          I suppose. Got an idea for a human energy weapon but i doubt people would go for it.

Comment

there is a massive difference between big guns and uber guns. take the front of a 304 and turn it to a big ass railgun: fine. give it a dozen more APBW's:fanwank.

get it? so ofcourse you can add in BIG guns, as long as it doesnt become impossible. and it has to remain economical.

304 nukes are multi gigaton

Comment

ok, i've had this on the virtual fleet already, and i haven't had anybody take notice. so i need a bit of help with how to expand the left wing of my dreadnough. so far it could be a cruiser, so im guessing that the whole ship is gonna be kick ass.

there are 8 plasma cannons, 13 20mm rail guns and four plasm beam projectors so far. (they're the tubes at the front)

Spoiler:
                              Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                              sigpic

Comment

Are those fixed pipes on the back guns? The ones pinting sideways?

I also think your going overboard with engines, If i were you I'd use reclangular plasma engines to give it a cleaner look.

Comment

Working...
                                X