• Time
  • Show
Clear All

heavly modified asgard hyperdrive

modifications of what kind?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      modifications of what kind?
      Modifications to where the hyperdrive is more efficient, and takes less energy to operate.

Comment

This is my newest ship. I dont have a name for it but its purpose to to be a battle ship and nothing else. It supposed to have very strong shields and its main weapons are 2 mega particle cannons.

Spoiler:
        Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
          This is my newest ship. I dont have a name for it but its purpose to to be a battle ship and nothing else. It supposed to have very strong shields and its main weapons are 2 mega particle cannons.

Spoiler:
          Cool shape.

Spoiler:

It's becoming more of a multi purpose station. The rings on it can either spit out shells in every direction at once, or can spin to allow a fairly rapid barrage from its cannons. The idea is that each turret fires in succession when it lines up with the target, then the one after it lines up and fires, and so on as the ring spins. So you could have cannons with a normal rate of fire and yet have a solid barrage of shells pounding whatever the target was.

So basically it would primarily serve as an orbital defense platform, freeing up ships from orbital defense. But it could also go out to aid in battles, setting up a flak barrier.

Comment

What program is that you use? And can anyone give me advice on how to make my ships more detailed?

Comment

What program is that you use? And can anyone give me advice on how to make my ships more detailed?
              Lightwave.

As for details, even just adding paneling helps. Which can be as easy like just adding a rectangle inside of another rectangle.

It's easier in the higher up programs because you have things like bevel tools and booleans, stencils, etc.

You can still do it with Sketchup though.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                Lightwave.

As for details, even just adding paneling helps. Which can be as easy like just adding a rectangle inside of another rectangle.

It's easier in the higher up programs because you have things like bevel tools and booleans, stencils, etc.

You can still do it with Sketchup though.
                How much is that program?

Comment

How much is that program?
                  I'm pretty sure that there is an education version if you are still in school that's like $195, which is extremely reasonable for software of this caliber.

I was lucky enough to get mine from a friend who never got into using it. At least that's what he said haha.

Comment

Revised it. Got rid of he raised bridge and moved it for a more original look

Spoiler:

Comment

very similar to a 304. just raise the middle section of the rear, and remove the hangar bays, and this is what you would get. and add a lot of turrets.

looks nice though
                      sigpic

Spoiler:
                      Originally posted by IMDB
                      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                      Hehe

Comment

wtf i cant see any of the pictures!

Spoiler:
                        really i cant

Comment

if you have checked behind the spoiler tags, and waited for the browser to load them, there's probably something you need to update
                          sigpic

Spoiler:
                          Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                          Hehe

Comment

So, last night i completely erased one of my meshes.... and started again.

Presenting the new, and improved, Corvette..

the small hanger the Jumper is emerging from is mirrored on the other side of the ship, and they can hold a single Jumper each or four of my Mosquito helos at any one time each.
                            not really got much more info on the rebuild yet... just that it is bigger than the original design

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                              very similar to a 304. just raise the middle section of the rear, and remove the hangar bays, and this is what you would get. and add a lot of turrets.

looks nice though
                              Well alittle bit the point was to resemble the 304. but like i said i get rid of the raised bridge and replaced it with a Particle Cannon. And i didnt put fighters because its a Battleship. Not really ment to be a carrier. But thanks for the comment

Comment

do the big centerturrets turn, or are they static?
                                sigpic

Spoiler:
                                Hehe

Comment

Working...
                                X