Dimensions
    - Length: 150m
    - Height: 50m
    - Width: 75m

Defenses
    - Asgard-Designed Shield
    - Titanium/Trinium Hull

Power
    - Primary Naquadah Generator (Mark I Ship Design)
    - Secondary Naquadah Reactors (Weapon Variant)

Weapons
    - 15 Primary "Blitz" Rail Gun Systems
    - 30 Secondary Anti-Fighter Rail Gun Systems

With issues dealing with Ori Toilet-Class ships, the International Committee decided a new ship class was needed. To that end, they approved the construction of the Blitz, a battleship design capable of causing massive damage against Ori ships. The ship carries a number of Blitz Rail Guns - elongated and power-hungry weapons which deliver 1kg projectiles at .5c, or one-half the speed of light. The ship also carries thirty secondary rail guns for anti-fighter use, and as backup weapons.
    You're suggesting a super-railgun could take out an Ori ships shields? I never thought i'd see the day.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

I dont like to be negative about people's ships but, I have to agree with freyr's sarcasm. Railguns of any sort do not work against capital ships. Doesn't matter what size the projectile is, especially against the ori, is like prodding your enemy with sticks and lets face it you might as well be.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
        You're suggesting a super-railgun could take out an Ori ships shields? I never thought i'd see the day.
        A very large Rail Gun, say half a kilometer in length with a 50kg to 100kg projectile, could punch through an Ori Toilet-Class ship's shields, (I might make a ship design which is just that: one main weapon of those dimensions.) but these Blitz Rail Guns aren't supposed to do that, just dent them. (Other capital ships, OTOH...) The ship isn't very big, so mass production should (hopefully) be easier.

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet
        I dont like to be negative about people's ships but, I have to agree with freyr's sarcasm. Railguns of any sort do not work against capital ships. Doesn't matter what size the projectile is, especially against the ori, is like prodding your enemy with sticks and lets face it you might as well be.
        See my above comment, for one. For another, how do you suggest we fight the Ori?
        This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDot
          See my above comment, for one. For another, how do you suggest we fight the Ori?
          They'll probably find some kind of uber-anti-Ori weapon and then spend another season cleaning the rest of their followers out of the galaxy.

Comment

to the guy with the x-400

that has got to be a big ship lol, id say change teh story so it isnt dealing with teh immediate threat of the ori because that kind of ship is WAY outta reach lol

anywho, pretty nice, id see how it works, it rip the **** out of an asgard vessel if it cant go threw the toilet-class lol

anywho, id just like to say...the odeadakus pwnz all your anti ori toilet class ship=P

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

A very large Rail Gun, say half a kilometer in length with a 50kg to 100kg projectile, could punch through an Ori Toilet-Class ship's shields, (I might make a ship design which is just that: one main weapon of those dimensions.) but these Blitz Rail Guns aren't supposed to do that, just dent them. (Other capital ships, OTOH...) The ship isn't very big, so mass production should (hopefully) be easier.

That means the ship has to be at least 750m - 1km in length, unless you just have a big honkin' railgun, magically appearing in space.
              I believe energy weapons are the main way of defeating the ori. Something similiar to the wraith energy weapons or the asgard energy weapons.
              Railguns are good for anti-fighter defences, but not against capitals.

Comment

I've upgraded the stats and picture of the Gilgamesh battleship to contain 48 launchers instead of 190+ launchers. Here's the pic;

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1.../Gilgamesh.gif

For the stats you should look back about three pages.

I've also made some cosmetic changes to My Carter class mass carrier. Here's a link to the new pic;

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...er-carrier.gif

So what do you guys think?

Comment

I made a gun using my knowledge of physics however regardless of the fact it hits with ridiculous force (like 1.5billion newtons), we still have no idea how it would effect the Ori shields.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                  Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                  the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                  Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                  The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by Harekin
                    I made a gun using my knowledge of physics however regardless of the fact it hits with ridiculous force (like 1.5billion newtons), we still have no idea how it would effect the Ori shields.
                    A gun the size he's talking about would work against the Ori, maybe not as well as he thinks it would but fairly well none-the-less.

The practicality of the weapon is another matter entirely. Earth nor any other race in this galaxy has the resources to build and to field such a weapon. And since it isn't garanteed to work well against their shields I'd guess that we won't be seeing any uber-railguns on the show, this forum is another matter entirely however.

Comment

Well mine simply weighed 6tons and fired a 1kg projectile that could literally slice a hole in anything it hit...bar possibly the Ori's shields cos we dont know how they work.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                      Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                      the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                      Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                      The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
                        Really? What can you do?
                        what It can do, sorry i wasnt bragging or anything that was a typo, im crap at image and stuff...i was just saying, it looks cool but doenst look like IT can do anything.
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                          what It can do, sorry i wasnt bragging or anything that was a typo, im crap at image and stuff...i was just saying, it looks cool but doenst look like IT can do anything.
                          Thank you for clearing that up Immhotep. Anyway...

At present the hexagonal design doesn't have anything in the way of gun turrets(at least not the ones that are 3-D looking) or missile hatches.

But it has several missile hatches on the original design and at least three linear railguns, the designer just hasn't put these onto his newer images because he's trying to perfect the surface texture. At least that's what I think.

Comment

Originally posted by mburrows
                            to the guy with the x-400
                            Me?

that has got to be a big ship lol,
                            Um... no. I think the Daedalus is at least 200m in length, though I've heard the actual length to be scaled at about 350m. 150m would either be a little less than the length of the Daed., or less than half its length.

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet
                            That means the ship has to be at least 750m - 1km in length, unless you just have a big honkin' railgun, magically appearing in space.
                            I was thinking a gun like that would be used for planetary defenses, rather than ship weaponry, except on a SuperShip.
                            This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

This is my newest ship design unfortunately my brain took an extended leave of absence and I can't think up any good names or specs for it.

Could you guys help me out?
                              Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 28 November 2009, 08:38 PM.

Comment

looks a bit like the replicator main ship so ill try this

B-747?
                                (boarder)

Purpose: to board enemy ships

Weapons: 3 high power felgar cannons, 12 anti-fighter felgar cannons

defences: standard asgard sheild

propulsion: ion engines

other: ecm, eccm, asgard beaming tech, rings, several projectile boarding rounds

boarding rounds: this is a very complez device that has revently been produced for specificaly this ship, what it does is have a hell of a lot of protection for its passengers and inertia dampners...what it does is that it is shot out threw the middle part of the ship(if you noice a bunch of lines or w.e that look like crystals? or sumtin in the front i presume), this uses the same idea the replicators used on the daniel jackson 50 years ago before the jaffa won their freedom, the projectile can punch straight threw most sheilds, punture most hulls, then it quickly repairs any caps in the hull minus where it is, opens it door, and the troops inside run out and all hell breaks loose

dunno a background, but yeah, anywho, W00t?

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Working...
                                X