This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
    Ahh, I like the consistency of your ships. Never really understood the point in having an open flight deck in space, but alas, it looks cool haha.
    The only justification I can make personaly is that fighters can make combat landings without complicated precison maneuvering.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
      The only justification I can make personaly is that fighters can make combat landings without complicated precison maneuvering.
      Yeah, the deck would have to have artificial gravity to keep the fighters from bouncing off into space. That wouldn't be that hard (for sci-fi at least).

But then how do you retrieve them quickly? Not only are they sitting on your deck exposed to combat, but the pilots are helpless.

And when it jumps to hyperspace, wouldn't you start having issues with people who were outside of the ship?

Comment

Yeah, the deck would have to have artificial gravity to keep the fighters from bouncing off into space. That wouldn't be that hard (for sci-fi at least).

But then how do you retrieve them quickly? Not only are they sitting on your deck exposed to combat, but the pilots are helpless.

And when it jumps to hyperspace, wouldn't you start having issues with people who were outside of the ship?
        I meant having the deck for retrieval purposes! And electromagnets are better, you can use them for breaking too.
        And all it takes is a smooth part of the hull with a door sticking out.

For launch however? Starfury racks all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
          I meant having the deck for retrieval purposes! And electromagnets are better, you can use them for breaking too.
          And all it takes is a smooth part of the hull with a door sticking out.

For launch however? Starfury racks all the way!
          I'm still partial to launch tubes. I love them haha. I know that they take up a lot of room, but they are cool.

Comment

I'm still partial to launch tubes. I love them haha. I know that they take up a lot of room, but they are cool.
            Lunch tubes are overrated, like fighters I might add.

If your imparting all that velocity on a fighter on launch, it just makes it harder for it to change course as it goes.

Comment

Is Scketchup 7 free? Cause it dosnt say anything about paying for it
              Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
                Is Scketchup 7 free? Cause it dosnt say anything about paying for it
                Yeah. Being a lower end program (no offense to its users) the Basic version is free. The Pro version costs money, but from what I understand all it adds is exporting options.

Blender is a more powerful program for modelling though. I would try that and Sketchup. You will find Sketchup much easier to figure out, but Blender has more power and abilities.

Comment

Yeah. Being a lower end program (no offense to its users) the Basic version is free. The Pro version costs money, but from what I understand all it adds is exporting options.

Blender is a more powerful program for modelling though. I would try that and Sketchup. You will find Sketchup much easier to figure out, but Blender has more power and abilities.
                  Yep. Pro means you can export. That's the reason Im still using skp 5 pro since skp 6 pro hasn't been... made aviable to the.. poor students.

Comment

Sorry, I'm not so much into designing ships, but I like the idea with the open flight deck. Why do there have to be people outside? There could exist an computer-controlled/operated supply system integrated into the flight deck. Maybe the fighters maneuver to their position and could be refueled and resupplied. I'm speaking of F-302s which are running out of ammo rather quickly. I don't know if you guys have designed completely new fighters, because I only had a few glimpses on some pages of this thread.
                    As for the helplessness during combat, there should be some extra or doubled shielding for the flight deck.
                    Again, sorry for my interference, just wanted to express my thoughts on this.
                    Sam: "You can´t be serious!"
                    Jack: "What?"
                    Daniel: "It´s the only way!"
                    Jack: "What?"
                    Sam: "Now, we agreed...!"
                    Jack: "If I have to say "WHAT?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!"
                    - - - - -
                    Knight Rider S01E11
                    KITT: Sarah, our father is dead.
                    - - - - -
                    Eureka S03E12
                    Bismarck: This is madness.
                    Fargo: This is Eureka!

Comment

well the flight deck allows rapid reloading and re-launch. a 302 lands, mechanical arms add missiles, fuel and ammo, and the 302 can launch again. artificial gravity- no prob. the ship has a shield, so the fighters are protected. bays at either side of the craft can allow the fighters to dock below, or just use asgard beaming technology. or just enlarged ring/booth stations

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        well the flight deck allows rapid reloading and re-launch. a 302 lands, mechanical arms add missiles, fuel and ammo, and the 302 can launch again. artificial gravity- no prob. the ship has a shield, so the fighters are protected. bays at either side of the craft can allow the fighters to dock below, or just use asgard beaming technology. or just enlarged ring/booth stations
                        thats kind of strange because every image ive seen of 304 hanger bays thers no sign of machanical arms for resupply.
                        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

which is ridiculous. with today's robots and SG tech, you can make easy refit. takes as long as a pitstop, refuelling taking the longest

Comment

ill be honest with u here i just finished watching 'unending' again and i couldnt see any of that stuff.

Spoiler:

Comment

because the writers are morons sometimes

Comment

okay in that regard tell me something i dont no.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X