Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually in an atmosphere i think they do less of a decent job, though weve never seen F302's in that kind of combat offworld, they are not able to target very well and if a target need big guns then its easier to bombard from orbit, if theres a ship in space, to launch fighters, chance are getting to the gate for whoever is on the ground needing help is largely irrelevent because they can be beamed up..
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
      Actually in an atmosphere i think they do less of a decent job, though weve never seen F302's in that kind of combat offworld, they are not able to target very well and if a target need big guns then its easier to bombard from orbit, if theres a ship in space, to launch fighters, chance are getting to the gate for whoever is on the ground needing help is largely irrelevent because they can be beamed up..
      w/e i still think there more productive, besides bombarding something from space destroys everything and doesn't give you a change to try and salvage stuff from the planet/race.
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

That is so right, and yet so totaly wrong.

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
        Well in any case I like my unmanned defense turret. I like fighters too, They may be more practical in an atmosphere but they still hold a role in space combat.

Godd Job D-Boy its coming a long nicely.
        No they shouldn't our fighters never go far enough to make light speed lag aproblem, so there is no excuse for them not using misisles guided by pilots.

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
          w/e i still think there more productive, besides bombarding something from space destroys everything and doesn't give you a change to try and salvage stuff from the planet/race.
          Two words: Precision Strike.

Comment

Anoher two: Not viable.

We just dont have the targetting and computing and sensor power to guide missiles that accurately. which is why fighters need to be used to get in close.

BTW Im posting my guide 10k is coming up!
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

Anoher two: Not viable.

We just dont have the targetting and computing and sensor power to guide missiles that accurately. which is why fighters need to be used to get in close.

BTW Im posting my guide 10k is coming up!
              Actualy, it's canon that we do have them. Remeber The Game?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                Are we really going to agrue whether fighters are a practical asset in space?
                Don't even go there. You've got to be a Stargate nerd/geek (excuse me, "big fan") to even really go to Gateworld, start an account and post away. So, you can't really say it's 'wrong', to argue about the usefulness and validity of space craft.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike272 View Post
                  Don't even go there. You've got to be a Stargate nerd/geek (excuse me, "big fan") to even really go to Gateworld, start an account and post away. So, you can't really say it's 'wrong', to argue about the usefulness and validity of space craft.
                  Details mate, you'll notice i said "fighters" not "space craft".

Comment

Oh boy, the 'fighters-in-space' argument has attacked here too...

Tom, leave the poor designers alone.
                    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                      Oh boy, the 'fighters-in-space' argument has attacked here too...

Tom, leave the poor designers alone.
                      Aawwwwee but i find is entertaining,
                      sigpic
                      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Well, I wouldn't let Tom know that.

Just remember...you said it.
                        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                          Well, I wouldn't let Tom know that.

Just remember...you said it.
                          People can argue with me about that whole fighter space issue but in the end its all a matter of opinion. Is it better here or there, but in the end we'll either get bored of it or it will become rants on eachother (me and ZakeD). I choose to not argue anything anymore, there is no use to it.
                          sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Here's another small update.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

What "fighters in space argument"? I have missed something major it seems, and ive been around these threads as long as anyone.
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Tom your to critical on designs for this thread. This isn't the practical space capable thread, its the Original Starship Design thread. Ships here can be in all shapes and sizes.
                                Visit my Website

Comment

Working...
                                X