Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well it looks............................interesting?
    And the meek shall inherit the earth...............but only after the last soldier wills it to them

Comment

Anyone know of a good Hyperspace tutorial out there?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
        Anyone know of a good Hyperspace tutorial out there?
        Hyperspace window or traveling in the hyperspace tunnel?

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
        Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

hows the wraith battlecruiser comin along?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            hows the wraith battlecruiser comin along?
            Sad to say, slow, tomorrow will be my first day off in almost 20 days but I did get a short day today.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle

Comment

i feel sorry for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                i feel sorry for ya.
                Summer is my busy time and things start to slow down going into august. Come September I'll be taking a few weeks off.

Comment

I'm after a hyperspace tunnel tutorial

Comment

http://xxxmaniacmikexxx.deviantart.c...Fleet-73772012

(In Photoshop)

Step 1
                    Create a new document (i made it 300*300px), black foreground, white background.

Use Filter --> Render --> Clouds

Step 2
                    The next filter you are going to apply is Filter --> Pixelate --> Mezztint..

Set Type to Short Lines.

Step 3
                    Now goto Filter --> Blur --> Radial Blur..

Set Amount to 100, Blur Method to Zoom and Quality to Best.

Move the Blur Center where you want it to be.

When you start getting more detailed stuff, instead of a black background you can make it transparent and add a starfield to make it look like a window in space.

Hope thats what you were asking for.
                    Visit my Website

Comment

Hey havent posted here in a while but i need some help from photoshop people. I have a picture of Gaia that is on a black background from sketchup, how do i seperate the ship from the background so i can put all the effects and stuff around it? I have learned quitea bit just not how to add the ships as it were. Any advice?
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                        Hey havent posted here in a while but i need some help from photoshop people. I have a picture of Gaia that is on a black background from sketchup, how do i seperate the ship from the background so i can put all the effects and stuff around it? I have learned quitea bit just not how to add the ships as it were. Any advice?
                        first you have to export the image at a .PNG and then you can start.
                        sigpic
                        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

yeah, just export the picture where it doesnt keep the background information.

I always do my renders as targa's, so its just the ship and not the background with it.
                          Visit my Website

Comment

Ok i dont seem to have those option on mine, it justhas anti analyising and and the size of the canvas nothing about background regardless of format...
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

Hello guys. I am asking for help and opinions on 2 projects I am working currently in SketchUp

1: a cargo ship
                              Spoiler:

It lacks something but I don't know what.

2: a 2nd Cargo ship which is smaller and act more like an external carrier.

Spoiler:

This device is the one used to maintain the container.

Same problem.
                              La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                              L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

The only thing i can say about the first one is that it's a bit too boxy for my tastes...

The second one... How big is the container in regards to the ship?

It just so happens i've beem working on a similar themed cargo ship to your second version Groovy. It's based off a Halo ship design...

Single pilot short-ranged container ship, Duel thruster, not sure if it's a 'Normal' fuel or a Sci-Fi fuel atm

Spoiler:

I've also got this Scene i've been working on using my Thor Gunship and an Atlantis mesh by SGA-3D ... along with the rockets by Col_Dillon

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X