Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What i've started building is a beam weapon on the top and bottom of the main hub and, once i've finished the bottom BW i'll be putting one on the end of each 'arm'....

I've still got a gun on each corner of the top and bottom of the main hub and on theouter corners od the raised portion of the arms.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

If its a shipyard, you don't really need it to be a war station with a bunch of guns it will probably never use.

Just railguns would be fine, incase meteors or something comes by.

If its a shipyard, it would be deep in their territory so theres really no need for loads of guns. But don't leave it with 0 guns, unless it goes the way of the midway station.
      Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
        Very neat. By the way, does anyone know how to convert .max to .blend, .3ds, .lwo, or .skp? Please?
        I'd be happy to convert any of those files to any other one of those files
        sigpic
        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
          I'm in need of a bit of advice.....

I've had a file on my compy for a while now that was going to be a Tau'ri space station. The idea was that it would be a builders and maintenance yard for the ships in the Tau'ri fleet i've created.

This is the latest render...
          Spoiler:

The red blocks are a basic blocky representation of the DSC-304, and as you can see the station is designed to have up to four 'docked' at any one time. Also, as shown by my revised Prommie design it can have up to 12 BC-303-B's docked.

It's also got a pair of twin runway Fighter bays and a pair of cargo bays big enought to hold Four of my Churchill cargos ships each.

The problem i have is i'm starting to think i've hit the fanwank limit. And i don't want to.

ATM i've set it up to be armed with 72 massive cannons and a lunatic amount of Missile tubes. Sorting out these will be the main job for today

What should i do to take it away from the Fanwank catagory?
          Very intresting design. It has a lot of promise. Actually it gives me a few ideas too. I might pursue a station and a cargoship next.

The size seems enormous, but there's a way around it....

MODULARITY!

Only need is to build the central piece, and 4x 800m arm pieces. Doesn't seem too odd to me?

Comment

good idea but i might stick with this version... i've done too much of it to start again imho.

Comment

why dont u go with a skeleton docking station like in star trek enterprise those are simple and cool.

btw the I just made up specs for the size of the G-404 try to give me a better size ratio for it to be faster than the f 302
              sigpic

Comment

They are and i have attempted doing one..... but whatever i did it kept on looking like i'd just taken a Trek ship/station and plonked it down in the SG-Verse...

Though i do have an idea forming in my head for that kind of thing working in SG...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                  good idea but i might stick with this version... i've done too much of it to start again imho.
                  Actually I was referring to the question how it was built, to make it non-wank

In the mean while, I need some guidance to detailing the nose of my ship:

Spoiler:

Been detailing the underside

And closer view

Missile silos, very rough, but pure and simple in design. I gotta thank ZakeD for giving me the idea of the doors. I had forgotten such designs all along!

But this I'm not sure of. Somehow.. it doesn't fit, or is it just me who doesn't like the blue colour there? I was planning to animate a cool charge-energywave-effect via those blue thingies but somehow I don't like the design

Suggestions?

Comment

Horizon class battlecruiser
                    BC-305

USS Horizon: In service
                    USS Delta: under construction; to be completed soon
                    USS Thunder: plans complete; to begin construction after Delta's completion

1.6 times bigger than 304, with a sleeker look and asgard fins
                    known for fully integrating asgard technology into tau'ri ships

Odyssey's asgard core is duplicated and installed on all horizon class ships

Weapons
                    Primary: Asgard beams
                    Secondary: standard 304 railguns
                    the 304 apollo's horizon nuke platform comes standard with all horizon class ships, but scarcely used.

Power
                    asgard generator core
                    triplet mark VIII naquadah generators for backup and non-critical tasks

Propulsion
                    improved asgard intergalatic hyperdrive (from earth to atlantis would take 12 days instead of 18)
                    standard 304 sublight engine
                    experimental phosphorus reactor (its use is to be revealed later)

Defense
                    improved asgard shield (can take 4 hits from ori mothership instead of 2)
                    reinforced trinium hull with asgard mineral "Kzyecuor", 1.8x stronger than trinium but rare to find and almost impossible to duplicate. Only used on USS Horizon.

Fighters:
                    standard squadron of F-302's
                    experimental F-302-5 squadron to be tested on the USS Delta, when its construction completes.

Other tech:
                    asgard transporter beam
                    goa'uld transport rings
                    enhanced long range sensors

Backstory:
                    plans were made for the horizon as a regular 304 after the destruction of the Korolev by the hands of the ori, as a means to have a more equal battle advantage against their motherships. after the odyssey was equipped with an asgard core, the horizon was revamped and plans remade for it to be a new class of ships to take advantage of the new asgard technology, as shown by its integrating asgard fins design, giving the new 305 class a look of a cross between an asgard vessel and the 304.
                    During the events of the ark of truth, the horizon was under construction and was completed by the end of the 5th season of atlantis.
                    with the apollo and daedalus already assigned to guarding atlanits, SGC saw no need to have another ship in the pegasus galaxy. the USS Horizon was assigned to protecting earth alongside the Odyssey, as will the USS Delta.
                    with 3 ships in the milky way by that time, the USS Thunder will be sent to patrol pegasus, (help out the atlantis expedition when possible, but mostly to attack wraith hive ships and just patrol) therefore evening the amount of ships in each galaxy.
                    Another step in technology forward, the 305 is expected to outlive all the 304 class vessels, well into several decades and 2 more 305's planned.

comment plz

Comment

still fanwank. trinium is already superpowerfull

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        still fanwank. trinium is already superpowerfull
                        No, it isn't. Trinium, naquadah, carbon alloy is way stronger than just trinium. If neutronium can be introduced to the same alloy, it'll probably be much stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                          Actually I was referring to the question how it was built, to make it non-wank

In the mean while, I need some guidance to detailing the nose of my ship:

Spoiler:

Been detailing the underside

And closer view

Missile silos, very rough, but pure and simple in design. I gotta thank ZakeD for giving me the idea of the doors. I had forgotten such designs all along!

But this I'm not sure of. Somehow.. it doesn't fit, or is it just me who doesn't like the blue colour there? I was planning to animate a cool charge-energywave-effect via those blue thingies but somehow I don't like the design

Suggestions?
                          ARE THOSE AIR INTAKES?

Comment

The idea i have in my head about how it's built is this....

The main hub of the staion would be constructed ala Midway, Skeletal frame then covered over and made airtight. once the main hub is airtight the internals would be constructed.

Once the above is complete then the work would begin on the 'arms' working outwards from the main hub, Bulkhead by bulkhead, until each arm and the station is complete.

i had also envisioned a Midway 'module' being used as the quarters for the construction crews until the main hub is airtight and inhabitable.

I have also shortened the two 'fighter arms' and decided uop having the 304 docking alongside the other two arms instead of at an angle between the arms.

It'll probably become clearer if i show you this render

Spoiler:

Another angle-
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                              ARE THOSE AIR INTAKES?
                              Umm.. no, probably just heat sinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                                Umm.. no, probably just heat sinks.
                                *breathes out sight of relief*