Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my ship. It's not very asthetic. In fact it's a bit bland. But it's 2.5km long. The original design was for something long with a ring around it but I couldn't get that to work in Sketchup and was getting frustrated. Instead I shrunk the ring and put it on top of the ship....

Ok the specs.

2,500 meters long (2.5 km)
    Six concealed railguns in the front sloping edge of the ship.
    Unique retractable hangar bay with four launch bays for F-302 fighters and F117-Razr trans atmospheric fighters (space capable versions of F117 Nighthawk)
    20 F-302's and 20 F117-Razr ships with folding wing configurations
    4 asgard hyperdrives.
    Unique Ori inspired mini supergate built into ring on top of ship. Segments of the gate are expelled from the massive ring on top of the ship and form the gate the ship can dial into the gate leving dialing drone vhich can command the gate itself to disassemble and beam itself back to the ship and back into storage in the gate storage ring.
    The ring was orignally planned to be around the ship but I couldn't get that to work properly.
    The ship can land on a planet but this isn't a feature to be used as a normal feature and is only for very exceptional circumstances...
    ===============================================
    Last edited by Coco Pops; 26 July 2008, 05:02 AM.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Murcielago View Post
      There's a tape measure tool up in the toolbar you could use.

I'll try that. Meanwhile I have posted my unique but not attactive design.

Comment

========GPDS-2 'Navis Mk.II' Colonial Drop ship=======

The GPDS-2 'Navis' is the most versatile ship in Colonial space. Its used as a Reconnaissance vehicle, a communication relay medium, a Cargo transport, a Ground Vehicle Drop ship, and Infantry Air support. The Navis Mk. II can be equipped with an array of armaments and equipment that make it the perfect all-purpose space shuttle. And with a short-range FTL drive, the Navis can make short scout jumps to gather enemy intel with.

Type: GPDS-2 'Navis Mk.II' Drop Ship
        Tech Base: Colonial
        Length: 35.5m
        Height: 18.64m
        Wingspan: 26.4m
        Crew: 2
        Capacity: 2 + 14 + 1(1 Pilot, 1 Co-Pilot, 14 Passengers, 1 Turret Gunner)
        Power: 2 Super-Class Nutri-Tihlium Reactors(Main Engines and Power), 2 Compact-Class Nutri-Tihlium Reactors(Rear Engines and Auxiliary power)

Propulsion
        2 V/STOL(Vertical/Short TakeOff and Landing) Main Booster Sub-Light Engine Pods
        2 V/STOL Rear Sub-Light Engine Pods
        Alpha-Class RCS(Reaction Control System) Maneuvering Thrusters
        *(1.5 x 0.7051) FTL 'Jump' Drive

Hull
        Steel Plating Reinforced With Adamantium Carbide Frame

Weapons
        -Offensive-
        Although the Navis Mk. II is primarily used as a transport ship, it can also be armed with a variety of armaments and double as air support for infantry in or outside atmosphere.
        (1) Chin Mounted TAC-C30 Compact Triple Barrel Autocannon Turret firing 30mm Adamantium Carbide core rounds
        (1) Cargo Mounted M104 Howitzer cannon firing High-Explosive 105mm Rounds(Takes up internal cargo bay) for precision ariel bombardments
        (2) Under the wing rocket pods each equipped with 8 M137 HP(High-Penetrating) 'Sting-Ray' Class 100mm Adamantium Carbide tipped explosive rockets for armored targets
        (1) Cargo Hold Mounted P-249 Machine gun Turret firing 6.5x51mm Adamantium Carbide Core rounds or (1) Rear-Mounted DRS-40 rail gun turret firing 40mm Slugs

-Non-Combat Cargo-
        The Navis Mk.II can carry any one of the following at a time:
        (2) HBE-30 'Komodo' Exo-Skeleton Suits
        (1) M12 L.R.V. 'Warthog' Vehicle
        (1) M12 L.A.A.V. 'Gauss-Hog' Vehicle
        (1) M808C 'Scorpion' Tank
        (1) Nutri-Tihlium Fuel Pod for In-Flight Refueling
        (6) Resupply Weapon/Equipment Canisters
        (4) SCSR(Space Communication Sensor Reconnaissance) Drones
        (4) Standard Colonial Cargo Containers

-Armory/Accessories-
        (2) XM-70 Personnal Defense Weapons(5.7x28mm)
        (10) Magazines(350) of 5.7x28mm PDW rounds
        (2) 'Spyder' Protein-Polymer Body Armor Set
        (2) Ares Protein-Polymer Helmet with build in Smartlink Targeting Systems, Image Link, Land Warrior, and Full AR(Augmented Reality) Capabilities
        (2) Erika 'Elite' Commlink
        (2) Pair of Transys 'TruSite' Glasses with Full AR Capabilitys
        (2) Pair of AR Interaction Gloves

-Standard Tech-
        DRADIS Scanners
        Augmented-Reality(AR) Capable
        Alpha-Class Electronic Warfare Software and Equipment
        Interplanetary Communications Booster
        Life Support System
        Artificial Gravity Generator
        Atmosphere Capable
        "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Baltar for President.

Comment

OK I revised my original post to make it more specific to the show... Added one idea of my own hopefully the edited post makes more sense.
          Last edited by Coco Pops; 28 April 2008, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Bit of an interesting update for me here.... I recently decided that i had too many unfinished designs cluttering up my computer. So i've decided not to crate any more and try and finish the ones i have already.

Recently i've been focusing on a handful, The Corvette, both of my carrier ship designs, the Smaller Cargo Ship and the Gunship have all been attacked, and in the case of both carrier ideas, completely redone from the ground up after finding massive scale screw ups

SCS-
            Spoiler:

Not entirely happy with the look of the bridge window, and i'm really unsure if i wanna use Aurora or Daedalus engines at the back.

Corvette-
            Spoiler:

Completely rebuilt the main body of the ship, plus i've added the nose ridge. The holes in the nose will be radar spires and whatnot, not added missile tubes.

'Mammoth' class carrier-
            Spoiler:

As you can see this is set to be a big'un. Four seperate F-302 hangers will hold at least 20 each, plus two SCS hangers and a pair of GJ hangers that hold five GJ's each. I have modeled a small (in relative terms that is) bridge that'll sit somewhere along the main spine of the ship, but i've clearely forgotten to put that in the render (D'OH!).

I am considering having it possible for the hanger pods to be detachable.... but i haven't gotten around to doing a test run for that idea.

Fast attack carrier-
            Spoiler:

As you can see this is simply half of a 'Mammoth'... or to be precse the idea is that this would be built then the Mammoth would follow as a merging of two FACs. Twenty F-302s are carried in the FAC along with about four Jumpers under the bridge.

All of the above ships will contain Rail guns, Asgard shields, hyperdrives and beaming tech. The Fac will get 2 beam weapons while the Mammoth will get 4. Only the Corvette above will be equiped with Missiles.

Thor Class gunship-
            Spoiler:

Finally this little fella has almost been completely rebuilt. The bridge is new and i've redesigned the point of the nose a bit. The four missile tubes are to be kept, but i've not rendered them yet, and they won't be as big and bulky as before.

Only Asgard shields and hyperdrive are installed here, along with a single ring platform. I will be addin some X-699's alongside the nose ridge, but apart form these the ships main arms are the missiles it carries.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
              Bit of an interesting update for me here.... I recently decided that i had too many unfinished designs cluttering up my computer. So i've decided not to crate any more and try and finish the ones i have already.

Recently i've been focusing on a handful, The Corvette, both of my carrier ship designs, the Smaller Cargo Ship and the Gunship have all been attacked, and in the case of both carrier ideas, completely redone from the ground up after finding massive scale screw ups

SCS-
              Spoiler:

Not entirely happy with the look of the bridge window, and i'm really unsure if i wanna use Aurora or Daedalus engines at the back.

Corvette-
              Spoiler:

Completely rebuilt the main body of the ship, plus i've added the nose ridge. The holes in the nose will be radar spires and whatnot, not added missile tubes.

'Mammoth' class carrier-
              Spoiler:

As you can see this is set to be a big'un. Four seperate F-302 hangers will hold at least 20 each, plus two SCS hangers and a pair of GJ hangers that hold five GJ's each. I have modeled a small (in relative terms that is) bridge that'll sit somewhere along the main spine of the ship, but i've clearely forgotten to put that in the render (D'OH!).

I am considering having it possible for the hanger pods to be detachable.... but i haven't gotten around to doing a test run for that idea.

Fast attack carrier-
              Spoiler:

As you can see this is simply half of a 'Mammoth'... or to be precse the idea is that this would be built then the Mammoth would follow as a merging of two FACs. Twenty F-302s are carried in the FAC along with about four Jumpers under the bridge.

All of the above ships will contain Rail guns, Asgard shields, hyperdrives and beaming tech. The Fac will get 2 beam weapons while the Mammoth will get 4. Only the Corvette above will be equiped with Missiles.

Thor Class gunship-
              Spoiler:

Finally this little fella has almost been completely rebuilt. The bridge is new and i've redesigned the point of the nose a bit. The four missile tubes are to be kept, but i've not rendered them yet, and they won't be as big and bulky as before.

Only Asgard shields and hyperdrive are installed here, along with a single ring platform. I will be addin some X-699's alongside the nose ridge, but apart form these the ships main arms are the missiles it carries.
              *dies of awesome*

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                *dies of awesome*
                My thoughts exactly!
                Perhaps Puff

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post

SCS-
                  Spoiler:

Corvette-
                  Spoiler:

'Mammoth' class carrier-
                  Spoiler:

Fast attack carrier-
                  Spoiler:

Thor Class gunship-
                  Spoiler:

OMG how freaking awesome....... Love the Thor ship

Comment

Hey everyone!

I would have posted an update sooner, however on saturday my laptop battery died (normally its a matter of "well plug it in to charge, Daryn" ) but no, when I say died, I mean "no longer holds a charge" so I spent a good 48 hours trying to fix the battery issue with no luck. Thankfully I can stil use my laptop so long as it is plugged in but still - tad irritating.

Besides that Ive been enjoying the nice weather here with trips to the beach... And ive been studying for my Ontario Drivers License.... fun fun.. woooo... lol..

Anyway, Ive had time to work on small updates to my station, and here they are.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Darynlxm View Post
                      Hey everyone!

I would have posted an update sooner, however on saturday my laptop battery died (normally its a matter of "well plug it in to charge, Daryn" ) but no, when I say died, I mean "no longer holds a charge" so I spent a good 48 hours trying to fix the battery issue with no luck. Thankfully I can stil use my laptop so long as it is plugged in but still - tad irritating.

Besides that Ive been enjoying the nice weather here with trips to the beach... And ive been studying for my Ontario Drivers License.... fun fun.. woooo... lol..

Anyway, Ive had time to work on small updates to my station, and here they are.

Spoiler:

That's Very, very, very nice. Bloody fantastic and it looks like a familiar friend LOL....

I'm green with envy for your design....... Free green for you.

Comment

Hey Thanks!

I appciate that a lot!

Yeah my model is very remenicent of Atlantis, and man it is taking a long time to do. Im surprised Ive made it this far given my short attention span. haha. Ive finally started to put together a background story for this station.

One of my major complaints that Ive had with Atlantis since it started is the power requirements for it. I understand that the shield and hyperdrive will require a lot of power, that makes sense to me, however the city itself shouldn't require all that much if you aren't constantly using internal dampeners, life support, lighting, etc.

So Ive refined the story so that these group of Ancients we're separatists (havent really figured out where I'll place them in the SG timeline) and over time were able to refine the power requirements for thier technology. For instance, while a shield can be raised around this station, it is a station meant to be in space, so there is no need to maintain an atmosphere inside a shield. Hyperdrive will lay dormant until required, and since the station is almost always "stationary" the internal dampeners are on low power. Thus this station will be on 1 ZPM for primary power with 3 secondary generators stationed on each pier.

I dont have a ton of details just yet, but as this thing progresses im sure I'll think of something.

Thanks again for the green!

I hope I can work on the station a little more when I get home tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Darynlxm View Post
                          Hey Thanks!

I appciate that a lot!

Yeah my model is very remenicent of Atlantis, and man it is taking a long time to do. Im surprised Ive made it this far given my short attention span. haha. Ive finally started to put together a background story for this station.

One of my major complaints that Ive had with Atlantis since it started is the power requirements for it. I understand that the shield and hyperdrive will require a lot of power, that makes sense to me, however the city itself shouldn't require all that much if you aren't constantly using internal dampeners, life support, lighting, etc.

So Ive refined the story so that these group of Ancients we're separatists (havent really figured out where I'll place them in the SG timeline) and over time were able to refine the power requirements for thier technology. For instance, while a shield can be raised around this station, it is a station meant to be in space, so there is no need to maintain an atmosphere inside a shield. Hyperdrive will lay dormant until required, and since the station is almost always "stationary" the internal dampeners are on low power. Thus this station will be on 1 ZPM for primary power with 3 secondary generators stationed on each pier.

I dont have a ton of details just yet, but as this thing progresses im sure I'll think of something.

Thanks again for the green!

I hope I can work on the station a little more when I get home tonight.

You're welcome.......

I just wish I could do models like you guys. While I love and adore my own ship I'm a trite embarrassed at the same time too, if that makes sense. "shrug" But I guess if I play with Sketchup more I'll get the hang of it and all.

Comment

Most definately. It took my about a year of practice (although, I didnt practice every day) to get this good and beleive me I still make lots of mistakes and am still finding new ways to refine the modeling processing.

I also dont like to add textures until I am sure that im finished a model, or at least satisfied with it that way I dont have to remove textures, change something then retexture. If you want to get the hand of different angles, create a simple object like a square, then just add circles and lines and whatnot and play around with it. It'll help. And dont be afraid to try it on a model - so long as you dont save your changes you can mess around with it and not worry about ruining it!

Sadly, I was way too tired after work to do anything on my station, and Im not sure about tonight... we'll see.

Comment

the best way to practice is simply free styling. i found out im good at two types:
                              free style
                              alien ships

im bad at:

preset looks, specs
                              earth ships

so figure out what you can do best, and go model such ships!

Comment

Daryn you station looks really good, if you want some tips and inspiration in SG sketchup you should contact or look up extrenix. He is one of the best sketchup modellers and hes done loads of ship models for the fleets. Hes brilliant. Love the station.
                                By the way if your interested, if anyone is actually then id like to issue out contracts for the designing of the Navo's fleet for the GWVF 3.0...if your interested reply to this or PM me or Major mike David
                                sigpic
                                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                                Stargate : Genesis |
                                Original Starship DesignThread
                                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X