This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darynlxm View Post
    Like the new ship in the works there. What do you intend to do next with it? What are the specs?

I have an update on my station as well.... not much, just some finer-details added to it... let me know what you think. Oh, I also tried to give some scale to it... but I dont like google sketchup's people... oh well...

Spoiler:

That's huge...... OMG Good thing it's only a station. It'd scare anyone it approaches. Very cool
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I figures since design is what we are talking about I'd ask here.

Anyone know roughly how big Ra's ship was? It sat on top of a pyramid in the original movie but how much of the pyramid was inside the ship. How high up was the throne room with the big sliding windows? The movie doesn't give a good indicatio of size and were all the lights supposed to be windows, or just lights?

Also anyone know what the compliment of personnel / gliders and such would have been?

Comment

Well ra's ships were built to sit atop the great pyramids, which are 440m wide and 280m tall. Given that Ra's ship was roughly twice the size i would say 520m tall and 880m wide. The north relieving shaft is 108m up, that would be the natural choice for a bridge, and if you double the numbers the bridge would be about 215m up the sides. Dont think this helps but i gave it a go.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
          Well ra's ships were built to sit atop the great pyramids, which are 440m wide and 280m tall. Given that Ra's ship was roughly twice the size i would say 520m tall and 880m wide. The north relieving shaft is 108m up, that would be the natural choice for a bridge, and if you double the numbers the bridge would be about 215m up the sides. Dont think this helps but i gave it a go.

Helps a little I'm trying to work out from the movie where the throne room was and such. Also why did it have so many lights around it. Were they windows? Anyway thanks it's food for thought.

Comment

sigpic
            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

anything
              sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                Good looking ship, bob, but why the big brother of daedalus again? The hangar pods are a bit cliché by now.

Otherwise it's a good ship, but I, personally, have seen too many hangar pods.

Comment

aye, but there still sweet looking
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

aye, but there still sweet looking
                    *sight* I like hyperdrive spires better myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                      *sight* I like hyperdrive spires better myself.
                      like on the promie?
                      sigpic
                      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

like on the promie?
                        Not quite, Beliskner and O'neil ones better.

Comment

I've done my very first ship. It's not as amazing as the ones you guys have done, and I couldn't get the design I really wanted to do done but I am thrilled to have completed my very first sketchup model.

I'll upload it and the specs later.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
                            I've done my very first ship. It's not as amazing as the ones you guys have done, and I couldn't get the design I really wanted to do done but I am thrilled to have completed my very first sketchup model.

I'll upload it and the specs later.
                            Lets' see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                              Lets' see it.

I shall. Quick question is there a way to get the dimensions of a model in sketchup once it has completed...

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
                                I shall. Quick question is there a way to get the dimensions of a model in sketchup once it has completed...
                                There's a tape measure tool up in the toolbar you could use.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X