This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
    i always entertained the idea f a mobile SGC, it might not be practical but it'll lok way cool

hows my jumper doing Daryl?
    I'm still working on your jumper and its going alright but I'm having a small amount of trouble figuring out what to do with the weapons pods, visually, to make them appear to work well.

One of the several practical bonuses of having a mobile SGC is that you can change your gate address when ever necessary which will cut down on the number of unauthorized incoming travelers.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
      I'm still working on your jumper and its going alright but I'm having a small amount of trouble figuring out what to do with the weapons pods, visually, to make them appear to work well.

One of the several practical bonuses of having a mobile SGC is that you can change your gate address when ever necessary which will cut down on the number of unauthorized incoming travelers.
      they don't have to look cool Daryl, they just have to work.

Comment

Here is a new gun design I based on several other people's, in this thread, designs. It is a Coil-gun design which is meant to accelerate a projectile to relativistic velocities. Only in a vacuum however as such velocities in an atmosphere might harm not only the target but a great deal else.

It can fire rounds that are roughly 373.5mm in diameter.
        Spoiler:

So what do you guys think?

Comment

Very very nice.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Here is a new gun design I based on several other people's, in this thread, designs. It is a Coil-gun design which is meant to accelerate a projectile to relativistic velocities. Only in a vacuum however as such velocities in an atmosphere might harm not only the target but a great deal else.

Spoiler:

I like the barrel, but the base needs a little work. The base right now seems like what the railgun base looks like. Maybe, fix it to match the barrel, with the ridges on a circle.
            Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
              I like the barrel, but the base needs a little work. The base right now seems like what the railgun base looks like. Maybe, fix it to match the barrel, with the ridges on a circle.
              Those ridges are supposed to be indicative of the sequential magnets in the coil-gun so having similar ridges on the base wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

However I agree the base does need a little help.

Comment

Spoiler:

it's too short, a relativistic we[pon would have to be much longer.

Comment

Ok my second post and first ship, I thought I'd start off small.

Name Archimedes Class

Type Short range gate travel capable starship

Tehnology Tauri designed with a computer core with 2 backups. Tel'tak shields and a finally working version of Felgers plasma weapon.

Hull Steel, reinforced with Trinium in certain areas.

Dimensions Urm..slightly smaller than a stargate (ill get proper dimensions later.)

Class Scientific ship sometimes used as a backup for groundtroops.

Power Liquid naquadah power cell

Propulsion Standard Tau'ri sublight engines

Arment Felgers plasma weaponry, 10 naquadah tipped missiles.

Other asgard transporter, advanced planetery scanners.

History After attempts to backward engineer puddle jumpers proved unseccesfull the US government put a group of engineers and scientists to the task of making an earth version of the puddle jumper. After several years and hundreds of unseccesfull prototypes the first fully operational Archimedes Ship was finally ready for the final stages of testing.
                  During the first live action flight it encounted 3 lucian alliance alkeshes, the energy weapon peformed above all expectations destroying two of the ships and the other one was destroyed with missiles. It also gained valuable information on a planet with a high concentration of naquadah and trinium.
                  The Government then ordered 5 more to produced imdeitely.
                  The ships have than performed just as effectively as the puddle jumpers in atlantis.

well thats about it.. tell me what you think.

I might get s sketchup done if I can be bothered.
                  Last edited by nich959; 07 February 2008, 01:21 PM.
                  Perhaps Puff

Comment

Originally posted by nich959 View Post
                    Ok my second post and first ship, I thought I'd start off small.

Name Archimedes Class

Type Short range gate travel capable starship

Tehnology Tauri designed with a gou'ald computer core with 2 backups. Asgard designed shields and a finally working version of Felgers plasma weapon.

Hull Steel, reinforced with Trinium in certain areas.

Dimensions Urm..slightly smaller than a stargate (ill get proper dimensions later.

Class Scientific ship sometimes used as a backup for groundtroops.

Power Mark 111 naquadah generator (I think thats about right)

Propulsion Standard Tau'ri sublight engines, jump drive (performs extremely short hyperspace jumps handy to get out of tricky situations).

Arment Felgers plasma weaponry, 10 naquadah tipped missiles.

Other Gou'ald rings, asgard transporter, 2 computer goa'ld converted computer cores, advanced planetery scanners.

History After attempts to backward engineer puddle jumpers proved unseccesfull the US government put a group of engineers and scientists to the task of making an earth version of the puddle jumper. After several years and hundreds of unseccesfull prototypes the first fully operational Archimedes Ship was finally ready for the final stages of testing.
                    During the first live action flight it encounted 3 lucian alliance alkeshes, the energy weapon peformed above all expectations destroying two of the ships and the other one was destroyed with missiles. It also gained valuable information on a planet with a high concentration of naquadah and trinium.
                    The Government then ordered 5 more to produced imdeitely.
                    The ships have than performed just as effectively as the puddle jumpers in atlantis.

well thats about it.. tell me what you think.

I might get s sketchup done if I can be bothered.
                    Bit fanwank mate, i don't hink you can fit half of that equipment is such a small space

Comment

Bit fanwank mate, i don't hink you can fit half of that equipment is such a small space
                      Fair play...ill just say its very long (maybe ill take out the rings and jump drive and something else)
                      Perhaps Puff

Comment

Originally posted by nich959 View Post
                        Fair play...ill just say its very long (maybe ill take out the rings and jump drive and something else)
                        and the reactor. use a liquid naq power cell (see POWER MODULATOR in Omnipedia)

Comment

it's too short, a relativistic we[pon would have to be much longer.
                          Yup, normally you'd be absolutely right but since I decided to use uber powerful alien magnets on this one it can be this fanwanky and exist.

But in your opinion how fast should a gun of this size accelerate a projectile?

Comment

Mach 30. (just guessing)
                            sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                              Mach 30. (just guessing)
                              *shrugs* Good enough, i really have no clue

Comment

Okay then do you know the most it could possibly be?

Comment

Working...
                                X