This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJB View Post
    well I said it over at deviantart and I say it again, awsome!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bugi View Post
      This is my first ship so be gentle. Comments are welcome!

Name:
      U.S.A.F Cerberus

Type:
      Experimental long range hyperspace capable warship

Technology base:
      Tau'ri/Asgard/Ancient

Naval Classification:
      Battlecruiser

Hull:
      Naquadah/trinium/carbon alloy

Dimensions:

Length: 575m
      Width: 250m
      Height: 125m

Crew:
      ~Required Personnel: 100
      ~Maximum Personnel: 475
      ~Flight Personnel/Ground Assault Troops: 20 F-302 pilots, 4x 5 man assault teams

Craft:
      10x F-302 for regular use and 5x backup F-302

Power plant:
      1x Overcharged Neutrion Ion Generator (For shields only)
      3x Mark VI Naquadah Reactors

Engines:
      1x Advanced Asgard Hyperdrive generator
      2x Lagre rear Sublight engines
      6x Medium rear Sublight engines
      1x Medium front Sublight engine
      4x Small front Sublight engines

Armament/Weapons:

1x 3-barrelled Asgard energy weapon (Fire modes: All-in-1 / 1-at-a-time)
      5x Heavy front facing Rail-guns
      20x Dual-barrelled Anti-Fighter Rail-guns around the ship
      14x Missile tubes at the top
      1x Bottom debloyment base with 2 Horizon Launch Pads

Defences:
      3x Ancient reverse-engineered Atlantis type Shield generator

Other Technology:

Beaming tech
      Advanced Asgard sensors
      Holographic projection technology
      2x Ring Transporter

Technical and Historical Notes:
      Once Atlantis expedition had dealed with the wraith siege SGC started to make a research about Atlantis Shields at Area-51. After few years of researching they were capable of creating reverse-engineered Atlantis type shield. They just had a one problem. They hadn't have a power source strong enought to make shield work correctly. Once Asgards blessed Tau'ri with the Neutrion Ion Generator they thought that now they had power source strong enought. They were wrong. To make the shield work they had to overcharge generator significantly. Now that they got shield working they were capable of makeing Ceberus.

Once the Ceberus was ready they desided to try it against the wraith. Ceberus assaulted against 2 wraith hive ship and tore them apart without taking any damage. Tau'ri thought that they had made umbeatable warship. They were wrong again. Wraith became irritated and launched 20 hive ship to attack to the Earth. Ceberus was debloyed to assault them in the egde of Pegasus galaxy with Apollo and Deadalus.

Once Tau'ri ships jumped out of hyperspace hives concentrated their attacks to Ceberus only. Multible attacks caused overcharged Neutrion Ion Generator to overheat and explode. Thanks to Apollos and Deadalus sensors they were capable to beam Ceberus crew onboard and escape from the blast. Although both of then suffered severe damage. Wraith were not so lucky all 20 hive ships were destroyed by the blast.

Ceberus sister ship U.S.A.F Hydra was locked in the storageroom at the Area-51 to wait until Tau'ri comes up a way to build ZPMs.

(Sry about my spelling I'm finnish)
      I like it but I am not sure about the Ancient reverse-engineered Atlantis type Shield generator I think it would be better if it had the same sort of shield as an ancient warship or something like that. I like the rest of it

BTW Immothep how did the gate hub end up in your sig? lol
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
        Thats really cool! Can someone teach me how to do these!
        Well once you have a nice model to show off 50% of your work is done, all that is left is creating an interesting background (link for making backgrounds http://tutorialoutpost.com/view/69 ), setting up an exciting point of view and then using your lighting to set the mood. (And when doing lighting it's best to use more than one type of light with different light values and colors. This will help add a more rich feeling to the scene.)

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
        Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Does Sketchup have lighting functions?

And RJB did it I thought it was a great model so it deserved to be sigged
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
            Does Sketchup have lighting functions?

And RJB did it I thought it was a great model so it deserved to be sigged
            well thanks then but I am trying to figure out where he got the picture from, I cant find it on my coputer lol
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoNzA View Post
              well thanks then but I am trying to figure out where he got the picture from, I cant find it on my coputer lol
              DeviantART and my friend photoshop.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
                DeviantART and my friend photoshop.
                well I must say that you have some serious skill in photoshop then
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoNzA View Post
                  well I must say that you have some serious skill in photoshop then
                  lol thank you.

Comment

Im sorry that this is double post but i will be doing a piece of work which will cover 2 posts so im reserving these two for a reason, including 4k
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    11000! green me

Comment

Considering i have wrote an eigth of this thread, im stealing 4k! I will update this with a substatial piece of work soon

!!!CONGRATULATIONS OSDT!!!!
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

im bumping this thread with a work in progress.

Comment

and what a marvalous bumb it is nice work! Deady, Gaia, Oniel, storm...what ship is it, its great man!
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
                            im bumping this thread with a work in progress.

That is a good model, so what is it for then???

Comment

Well from the title, it looks like a Gaia mark II, though the origional ship was never called gaia, i think it might be time for Extrenix to do a spec. Im not doing it, our double team's havent been successful in the past much to my sadness.
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

I looks like a mix between a Tauri ship and a transformer.

Nice design.
                                Visit my Website

Comment

Working...
                                X