X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam fisher
    I'm thinking something like the A-10.
    I'll design two prototypes later tonight. One A-10 similar fighter, and one gunship version.

Comment

foley, you said that the greek argo had 50 oars...r these not like engines?if it was 50 weapons, then yes id say, slap on 50 ion cannons, but, 50 oars on the greek argo would most likely translate into 50 engines on the new argo lol...but that is most likely impossible...unless

*gets idea of a corellian corvette type ship*

hehe

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Originally posted by mburrows
        foley, you said that the greek argo had 50 oars...r these not like engines?if it was 50 weapons, then yes id say, slap on 50 ion cannons, but, 50 oars on the greek argo would most likely translate into 50 engines on the new argo lol...but that is most likely impossible...unless

*gets idea of a corellian corvette type ship*

hehe
        Good point in fact excellent point. I applaude you sir on making that point. So what did you think of the X-310? But that is where I got the idea for the wepons but still a very good point.
        Last edited by Col.Foley; 08 April 2006, 01:34 PM.

Comment

class:vetrens.(x508)

HMS:Arkroyal.

prerpos:to a main defencive ship for earth.

production line:there is set to be another 9 vetrens set to be builit by 2012.

0.8km long 0.2km diameter.

engines:the egines are caperbul of interstela hybadrivers for rescu missions

bays:it contains 6 bays 4 contian 4x30z each the other one is for up to 10 puddle jumpers and the last one for damgde ships that can fit in.

resembles an x303 and x304 stuck togethor

weapons:after revers enginerin a stalight weapon the vetrens are fited with 4 each.

power:it would take up 5naq generratior

crew:it has a crew of 120,but can carry up to 350.

the vetrens commander of all ten ships is admeril becket of britian one of the first britians to go to atlantis.

all ten ships will userly keep in clsoe procimatie of earth

more info on the ship when i think of it

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

Anyone who is interested, i've noticed that people on this thread are really good at designing ships with some different programs. Is it possible that someone could design a ship for me with the following specifications:

A large carrier, bulky, with three decks.

Deck One (the lowest one): will be able to house 120 F-302's with VTOL capabilities. There is a lift in the middle of this deck that will be able to raise any F-302 to the second deck for repairs. This means there is a door directly above the lift leading to the second deck. The space all decks will occupy will be equal to the entire surface area of the carrier. There will be four entrances/exits, one at each corner of the ship. There will be enough space for two F-302s to take off simultaneously from the same exit. Each exit has a fighter bay shield and a door for backup.

The take off and landing area should take up approximately the length of the carrier and end at another entrance/exit. There will be a wall separating the length of this in half. This wall runs a little bit into the fighter holding area. Where the wall ends there are two doors with each leading to a take off area.

Top Deck: The deck will have two doors, one which leads to the middle/repair deck and one which the ships will use to enter space. This door will have an anti-decompression shield and a door. This deck's door run will lengthwise through the top of the deck to provide space for a runway should any ship need an emergency landing. The third deck will house X number of teltaks, y number of Alkesh and/or Z number of puddlejumpers.

Okay now that that is taken care of,

SPECS:
            - 10 sub-light engines
            - Asgard intergalactic hyperdrive ( The ones they have on their ships not the crappy ones they give us)

- Ancient shields (salvaged from the Atlantis city ship found in the tower
            but powered by an asgard device of similar power output) The shield is able to withstand barrages of up to 30 minutes because the fighters/other ships

- Asgard Communications array
            - Asgard transport beam + multiple sensor arrays throughout the ships hull
            - Naquadah, Carbon Trinium, Neutronium hull

The hull has a neck/head like the Daedalus class ships and house missile silos, 75 total. There are different kinds, ranging from heat/energy seeking missiles and Mark IV's to Mark VIII's. The hull/neck houses, the control room, bridge, crew accomodations, briefing rooms, navigation controls and other stuff.

Defense procedure:
            - 22 Railgun emplacements
            - Nuke Beaming
            - 48 Mark 9 Naquadriah Enhanced Nuclear warheads

The Mark IX's purpose is for specifically being beamed outside of an enemy ship who has alreadly launched it's fighers, like a figher mop up. It will do this only if there are way too many fighers out there to deal with. After this, the Carrier launches its fighers/ship to take out anything left.

SAM missiles are for specifically taking out ships the size of Wraith Cruisers or alkesh.

The Mark IV's - Mark VIII's are tactical nukes for defense against ships, and land based fortifications and emplacements.

The carrier can carry an assult force of 200 marines. and 30 M1 Abrams Tanks to be deployed by beams. The tanks are stored in a separate cargo bay from the one the fighers are stored in.

Please provide weapons layout, shape, size and labels of things.

Thanks,
            freyr's mother
            aka:Chris

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

bays:it contains 6 bays 4 contian 4x30z each the other one is for up to 10 puddle jumpers and the last one for damgde ships that can fit in.

weapons:after revers enginerin a stalight weapon the vetrens are fited with 4 each.

the vetrens commander of all ten ships is admeril becket of britian one of the first britians to go to atlantis.

er....in legitamate(sp? lol) english?

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Originally posted by nemisis

Originally posted by mburrows
                er....in legitamate(sp? lol) english?

Hmmm, wait a minute and let me run it through my english translator. Hmm, lets see, Select language: $#!tty English. Translate into: Modern English.

Here we go:

The Veterans Class X-508

The HMS Arkroyal

Purpose: To serve as a main defensive ship for earth

Production Line: There are nine more Veteran Class vessels to be completed by 2012.

Dimensions: 0.8km long, 0.2km diameter (wtf?)

Engines: Interstellar hyperdrive for rescue missions

Fighter Bays: There are six fighter bays. Four of the bays each contain 4 F-302's apiece. Of the two left, one holds up to ten puddlejumpers and the other is for damaged craft.

Shape: Resembles an X-303 and an X-304 stuck together

Weapons: After reverse engineering a stalight(?) weapon from _________(alien race), the Veteran Class vessels are fitted with four each.

Powered by: Five Naquadah generators

Crew: Carries a crew accompaniment of 150 but can carry up to 350 people.

Commander: The commander of every vessel that falls under this class name will be Admiral Beckett, one of the first british people to go to atlantis.

All ten ships will stay in close proximity of earth. I will post more info on the ship when i think of it.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

My next contribution, with a little teaser of something to come.

Type: Automated defense satelite
                  Size: 17ft high, 16ft wide, 12ft deep
                  Weapons: 10 anti-fighter missile tubes, conventional explosive warheads. 10 anti-ship nuclear missle tubes. 2 twin barrel 120mm cannons moddified to fire in vacume. 400 rounds per barrel.
                  Powersorce: Advanced RTG generator. (same thing that powers the New Horizons probe going to Pluto)
                  Control: Automated fire control computer. Remote control interface.
                  Com: Short range sub-space comunicator

Notes: Asside from the naquada used as an enhancer in 5 of the anti-ship warheads, and minor components in the RTG generator, there are no off-world resources used in the construction of this satillite model. This made them cheap and easy to produce (by government standards) and drastically reduced the amount of secrecy needed to build them. Only the naquada enhanced warheads, RTG components and final assembly were done covertly, with the rest of the components produced in the open under a cover story.

Mass production began in early 2007 with individual components being built by over 2 dozen companies in 8 different nations. Plans were for 12,000 to be produced within 2 years, with half being deployed in orbit of earth, half in orbit of Lantia. Another 6,000 were to be built durring a third production year as reserves.

And coming soon. NOT built or even ever under Earth controll. Its origins and specs I leave for another post. Still need to do some fine tunning first.

Comment

Cooky, i love the teaser, it kicks major @$$. what is it though?

Best Stargate quote:
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

Sorry, gonna have to wait till tomorrow. Its way to late and the back story, both back stories actually, are HUGE. (going to take 2 posts to do them)

Nothing that violates established canon, I like what we've seen to much to do that, but lots of my own imagination was used to fill in what we've never been told about the two societies that helped build this.

So, for now, I bid you ta ta.

Comment

Originally posted by cooky
                        Sorry, gonna have to wait till tomorrow. Its way to late and the back story, both back stories actually, are HUGE. (going to take 2 posts to do them)

Nothing that violates established canon, I like what we've seen to much to do that, but lots of my own imagination was used to fill in what we've never been told about the two societies that helped build this.

So, for now, I bid you ta ta.
                        It is tommorow actually.

Best Stargate quote:
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

Yup. Or is it now today?

... (ponders)

Comment

Now for my third and final Ship design.
                            Bane of Apophis.
                            Year of launch 2015
                            Type: Free Jaffa Troop vessel and cargo ship.
                            Tecnology Base: Jaffa/ ASgard/ Wraith
                            Crew Compliment: 5,000, only 1,000 out side pattern buffer any one time.
                            Deimensions:
                            Lenghth:500 Meters
                            Width: 300 Meters
                            Height 400 Meters
                            Decks: 12
                            Weapons:
                            2 Type 3 Alkesh staff canons
                            Power plant:
                            4 naquada reactors
                            4 main propulsion Hatak class ion drives.
                            10 Anti gravity vave generators
                            one hyperspace generator
                            Defenses:
                            Asgard Shields
                            Jamming devices
                            Partial Cloak generator
                            Other technologies:
                            Asgard/Wraith beaming tecnologies
                            inertial dampners.
                            Long range sensors
                            Historical File
                            This ship came as the relization of a fast deploy hard hitting vessel. This idea also came when Jaffa master Raknor put the proaposal forth of a vessel that could allow the Jaffa the ability of putting large amounts of soldiers on a planet, without using the stargate. Thus this vessel was born. The Jaffa high elected council put masters, Raknor, Kaelel, and Ryac on the project.
                            Back for part two in awhile. Historical file continued.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fisher
                              Could someone design a plane for this?
                              It's supposed to be a cross between the F-302 and the A-10 Warthog

Well the models not quite finished, but here’s the specs:

Name: 0A-307/A-307 Swallow
                              Length: 25M
                              Height: 6M
                              Wingspan: 31M
                              Power plant: Naquadah Generator
                              Propulsion: 2x GE-277a Ion Drives, AG Wave Generators
                              Armament:
                              GAU-10 [With HEI, AP or SAP)
                              4x Under-wing mounts capable of carrying mixed ordinance. (4x BIM-21a per mount as standard)
                              Defensive:
                              SOSB Flares and chaff
                              ECM
                              Cockpit has Ablative Inert Naquadah Plating
                              Other Systems:
                              Advanced Sensor suite
                              NOTE:OA-307 models are fitted with a Mk2 Naqadriah Hyperdrive, Recon Suite and Subspace Communications unit.

Back-story:
                              On its Way....
                              Last edited by OculusMortis; 09 April 2006, 05:14 PM.
                              "I'm not crazy. I just have another consciousness in my brain."

Firefly/Serenity Fans checkout:
                              http://www.intotheblack.ca/
                              Click ME >>>> My 3d Models" <<<<Click ME

Comment

The Bridge Interior hasn't been designed yet unfortunatelly.

Links to the rest, to save your bandwidth.
                                Top/Side Profile.

Bottom/Front/Rear Profile.

Type: Millenial Pride Class Command Cruiser
                                Size: 712m long, 325m wide, 108m high
                                Weapons: 3 dual turret, twin heavy energy cannons. 1 single turret twin heavy energy cannon.
                                Hyperdrive: Tuurian Ly Class 7 hyperdrive generator. (roughly equevalent to a Gua'uld hyperdrive)
                                Shields: Lantian designed defense shield
                                Production Run: 10 (only 9 commisioned)

In the time before the Wraith, life in the Pegasus galaxy was one of peace and prosperity for many, though not all. The Ancestors were a source of guidance and inspiration to the human cultures they had long ago created, they encouraged these cultures to forge their own destinies, and solve thier own conflicts. Only when all parties asked for their counsel, or full scale war was inevitable would they intervene in a conflict.

However, the Ancestors were few in a vast galaxy and in those far flung regions, war was as common as it is on Earth today. Three such wars had grown to such vast scale before word of them reached the Ancestors that their limited numbers were to few to stem the tide. They became known as the Great Wars, the last and worst of these was also the first to see the use of early human built spacecraft. More than 200 worlds would taste the bitterness of war before the Ancestors and their human allies could end the fighting.

After the Third Great War, the six most advanced human culters, the only space faring societies save the Ancients to survive the war, came together to create the Grand Alliance. The goal of the Alliance was not just to protect its member worlds, but to protect other, less advanced worlds as well. Scouts were sent into the farthest reaches of the galaxy to search out future troubles before they became a problem. In the tradition of the Ancestors, the GA took the lead in mediating conflicts throughout the galaxy.

The Pegasus galaxy would know a thousand years of peace under the guidance of the Alliance and the Ancestors, and to commemorate the Millenial aniversary of the founding of the Alliance, a new starship was designed and built, the Millenial Pride class Command Ship. They were the most advanced ships ever built, their size bested only by the Ancestor's City-Ships, with the most powerfull weapons the Alliance could build, and a gift from the Ancestors themselves, a new defense shield technology far supperior to anything the nations of the Alliance had ever known.

The first Eight Millenial Pride class ships were set to be commissioned as part of the grand cerimonies that would celebrate the thousand year peace, one for each of the eight members of the Alliance. Atlantis itself would make an appearance, escorting the eight new command ships in a flyby of the construction yards that had built them.

The loss of the class's namesake, the Millenial Pride herself, just two weeks before the commisioning cerimony sent ripples through the Alliance Joint Command. In the end, only the seven remaining ships, and two more already under cunstruction would be built.

The nine ships would serve with distinction for the next seven years, when for the first time, the Ancestors would ask a favor of the Alliance. A fleet of 42 Alliance ships, led by three command ships would join the largest Ancestor fleet assembled in the Pegasus galaxy. They were bound for a far off corner of the galaxy with the intent of negotiating a treaty with a new society the Ancestors had recently encountered. A race of aliens know as the Wraith.

A single command ship would limp home with a tale of terror that would grip an entire galaxy in fear.

Twelve years of losing battles to the Wraith would culminate in one last ditch campaign. 212 Alliance ships, led by the last 4 surviving command cruisers were dispatched to Atlantis with the hope of making contact with the Ancestors, who had not been seen or heard from in more than two years. Reports of the great battle would filter in from the fleet for more than two days, but in the end, all 212 ships would perish, never reaching Atlantis.

The brutallity the Wraith inflicted on all who resisted them was immesurable. Of the eight nations of the Grand Alliance, four were completelly wiped out.

The Tuurian Ly, the largest and most advanced of the eight nations would suffer some of the worst atrocities at the hands of the Wraith. Only a single colony world would survive the vast distruction. The survivors would never forget what the Wraith had done, and the bitternes they felt would change their culture forever. To protect their past, they would eventually change their name, to Genii.

Another of the four surviving nations had been the newest member of the alliance. A single, heavilly populated world that put up a furious fight against the Wraith dispite their small fleet. The Wraith would eventually burn their world to ashes, scarcelly a hundred survivors would flee through the stargate to a world once inhabited by the Ancestors. Over the next ten thousand years the survivors would forget the truth of their past, nearly coming to extinction under the repeated Wraith cullings. In time, they too would take a new name, out of neccessity rather than choice. They would call themselves Athosian.

Of the other two surviving nations, nothing is known.

Only a single Millenial Pride Command ship would survive the rise of the Wraith. The greatest of her class. A ship who's legend was unrivaled by any, who's story was know by all in the galaxy, even to this day. The only Command Ship that would never be commisioned to serve the Grand Alliance.

The Millenial Pride.

A legend I have to leave for another day.

Comment

Working...
                                X