Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Original Starship Design Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
    do you know how to import cuz i dont want to re-design my ship in blender
    In sketch up professional (not sure if you can do it with the free version). export the model as .3ds model.

    Then in blender import the model. Of cause you may have to work through tutorial to just import a model with blender.

    and it should load. Although I have not tried it my self.

    ps not sure if you can export in .3ds in the free version of sketchup but you can download the professional version of sketchup from the site for a eight hours try and just keep it around for importing and exporting a wider range of file types. and keep your use to that and it should last while you migrate over to blender permanently

    Ps: why does blender as such a **** user interfaced.
    Last edited by knowles2; 14 February 2007, 03:47 AM.

    Comment


      The introduction of the Karn empire.

      Spoiler:
      The fighter neared the outer sensor range of the defence satellite and launched a Ion/EM beacon and headed towards the destination planet.

      The defence satellite’s AI blinked into life as the fighter slowly neared the outer defence ring. The thrusters activated and the satellite changed orbital position and began tactical calculations. The fighter activated its main engines and sped up as it neared the outer most limit of the satellite and began its assault. Launching its first and final wave of missiles at the satellite it headed deeper into the targeting range. The missiles hit the target satellite with minimal damage to the shields, the satellite automatically signalling to all defence satellites around the planet began to form a defensive perimeter, while the anti-fighter rail-guns made light work of the single fighter.

      The satellites activated their defence grid and were put on high alert, contacting the military base on the planet. As soon as the transmission was sent four Oblivion-class ships decloaked and began their assault on the satellites, the heavy duty energy weapons pulverising the closest satellites shields, the AI immediately sent a distress signal out in an attempt to contact any ships that were close by. The signal wouldn’t be received thanks to the Ion/EM beacon blocking out going communications.
      The satellites began firing upon the enemy ships, there rail-guns doing little damage to the outer shields, all three satellites targeted the same ship and fired there Asgard energy cannons, the weapons hitting the shield of the Oblivion-class, knocking the shields down to 80%, the ships began their second assault on the satellites, destroying the first and severely damaging the shields of the second, a flash of light waved across the area as a small group of Chimera-class ships exited hyperspace. Immediately charging their main weapon they fired upon the two remaining satellites and obliterated them.

      The military complex began to receive a transmission from one of the Chimera-class ships,
      “This is supreme commander Darlter of the Karn fleet Onasar, surrender or you and your fellow kind will be removed from this planet… you have until our next communication to decide.”
      The transmission cut off and the Karn fleet began to position themselves around the planets largest populated areas. An hour later a transmission was received again,
      “This is supreme commander Darlter the time has come for you to decide, what shall it be surrender or die?”
      A man stepped forward and addressed the commander,
      “This is lieutenant commander Philips, as the representative of the planet Aries, i inform you that we surrender to your fleet…”
      The Karn interrupted before the lieutenant could finish “yes we expected as much, but you see the Karn look upon mercy as a weakness, prepare to die”
      The transmission was ended, the Karn fleet began its orbital bombardment, three ships attempted to flee the planet, all three did not make it out of the atmosphere, not a single living humanoid existed on the planet once the bombardment had ended, the installation was just wreckage on the ground.

      A signal was sent from one of the Karn ships and soon after hyperspace windows began to open as the main Karn fleet arrived.
      Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

      Comment


        Here is a rough design for my Ion Gun. I haven't finished all of the doodads on it yet though. Any suggestions on what kind of doodads I should add?

        Spoiler:

        Comment


          Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
          That's BSG I think..
          The first one I know for sure it's a gouald mothership concept. but I was just looking through lightwaves gallery. Idk about the second one
          sigpic
          ----DeviantArt----

          Comment


            second one was the celestra from bsg.

            first one was a new design for a hatak or super hatak (really good model)

            who was the modeler that did them?
            Visit my Website

            Comment


              Originally posted by Hierakonpolis View Post
              second one was the celestra from bsg.

              first one was a new design for a hatak or super hatak (really good model)

              who was the modeler that did them?
              I have no clue I was just perusing threw lightwave
              <mod snip>
              Last edited by Skydiver; 14 February 2007, 05:24 PM.
              sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

              Comment


                Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
                That's BSG I think..
                Only the bottom one shows up, WTF,

                but your right its BSG the bottoms a repair vessil
                Originally posted by cowpants
                ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

                Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

                And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

                Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
                Spoiler:


                Spoiler:
                Rosilin for pres

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Boxytheboxed View Post
                  Only the bottom one shows up, WTF,

                  but your right its BSG the bottoms a repair vessil
                  Its your browser, I have 2 browers and it doesnt work on my regular one but it does on firefox.

                  ok I rendered it in blender


                  I dont know how to move the camera of the light can you help me?
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                    I dont know how to move the camera of the light can you help me?
                    In object mode (TAB button to switch modes) right-click on either one and hit G, to grab and move it. Or, you can use the middle mouse button (if you have one), click and hold, then drag the mouse to the position you want to render from, then hit ctrl-alt-0 (on numberpad), this will move the camera to match the current view on whatever window the mouse is on.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by cooky View Post
                      In object mode (TAB button to switch modes) right-click on either one and hit G, to grab and move it. Or, you can use the middle mouse button (if you have one), click and hold, then drag the mouse to the position you want to render from, then hit ctrl-alt-0 (on numberpad), this will move the camera to match the current view on whatever window the mouse is on.
                      cool thank you
                      sigpic
                      ----DeviantArt----

                      Comment


                        Here's my second attempt at an Ion Gun.



                        Any suggestions on this one?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                          Its your browser, I have 2 browers and it doesnt work on my regular one but it does on firefox.

                          ok I rendered it in blender


                          I dont know how to move the camera of the light can you help me?
                          thanks I used to use the Fox, but now im back to Safari

                          EDit: it def. looks different in BLender, more curvy, more od a #D feal. not like legos with Sketck Up
                          Originally posted by cowpants
                          ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

                          Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

                          And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

                          Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
                          Spoiler:


                          Spoiler:
                          Rosilin for pres

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                            Here's my second attempt at an Ion Gun.



                            Any suggestions on this one?
                            Make a base for it and make the two gun things in the center longer
                            sigpic
                            ----DeviantArt----

                            Comment


                              Of course, Sketchup is a light program, using low cpu ressources. Great for starters but you can still do some good stuff, but gets very limited when messing with curves. (well from my experiences so far)

                              Just got my hand with 3d studio max. Will try to pump something up when I have time. Not just importing models like I did in the past few days.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                                Make a base for it and make the two gun things in the center longer
                                Why longer? I thought they might be a little too long already, besides that I wanted to add some more things, and yes a base is among those things.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X