Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any idea what the diameter of the gate is? i drew a concept fighter that could travel throught the gate a few years ago, but it is not to scale. I'll post it once I find it.
    Oh, believe me its not the first time we tried it
    I shot him...

in the leg...
    I'm invulnerable!
    Spoiler:
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten.
    http://www.aviationexplorer.com/airc...ft_carrier.jpgUSN

Comment

i think its 14ft..but i could be wrong.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

What is your favourite hull-form for a starfighter?

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
          i think its 14ft..but i could be wrong.
          I thought i heard 12 ft somewhere, I've looked on here and googled it. Wiki says the whole thing is 22 feet. and another site says the actual evernt horizon is 20 or 17 feet. I think it is 20 feet.

For my fighter I'll use 20 foot evnet horizon.

This pic form wiki makes it seem that 20 is about right
          Last edited by Dr. Who; 27 November 2006, 02:42 PM.
          I shot him...

in the leg...
          I'm invulnerable!
          Spoiler:

Comment

So, has anyone tried incorporating Atlantean-style transporters in some way onto their ships?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon View Post
              So, has anyone tried incorporating Atlantean-style transporters in some way onto their ships?
              no, they seem inferior to asgard transporters from what i've seen
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                no, they seem inferior to asgard transporters from what i've seen
                Yes, yes, but I meant as a replacement for our current elevators and reloading technology.

Comment

ok here is one of my designs for a fighter and in lack of reposting it go see it at Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0 here is the link --->Click Me!
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon View Post
                    Yes, yes, but I meant as a replacement for our current elevators and reloading technology.
                    yeah i thought that may be what you meant, yes they would be useful for moving about a large ship...though if we can reverse engineer them or not is another matter
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                      ok here is one of my designs for a fighter and in lack of reposting it go see it at Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0 here is the link --->Click Me!
                      Hey i like the design, do you have specs to go with it? I like the model alot
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                        Hey i like the design, do you have specs to go with it? I like the model alot
                        Umm... here are the specs for the fighter

Make-Up:
                        Its a one person fighter made of a lower grade alloy of Trinium. packed full of the latest tracking and sensor technology.
                        Weapons:
                        There are two wing-mounted energy turrents, much like that staff-cannons that are mounted to the death gliders, except the are not fixed they can rotate to any direction underneath, in front of, to the side, and so on.
                        and second it has two bays on each wing that can hold eight missles each (due to the need for no liquid fuel) 16 total.
                        Defenses:
                        It has a low grade shield like the one the retro-fitted on the puddle jumper but not as powerful, and trinium hull
                        Power:
                        It is powered by a naquadah reactor ,small but powerful.
                        Pulpulsion:
                        It has one sublight engine, no rockets or jets

Last edited by boberth2o; 28 November 2006, 01:02 PM.
                        sigpic
                        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Make-Up:
                          Its a one person fighter made of a lower grade alloy of Trinium. packed full of the latest tracking and sensor technology.
                          Weapons:
                          There are two wing-mounted energy turrents, much like that staff-cannons that are mounted to the death gliders, except the are not fixed they can rotate to any direction underneath, in front of, to the side, and so on.
                          and second it has two bays on each wing that can hold eight missles each (due to the need for no liquid fuel) 16 total.
                          Defenses:
                          It has a low grade shield like the one the retro-fitted on the puddle jumper but not as powerful, and trinium hull
                          Power:
                          Pulpulsion:

It looks a little like some German rocket plane designs from WWII... Not that that's a bad thing, just noting it.

Comment

Make-Up:
                            Weapons:
                            Defenses:
                            Power:
                            Pulpulsion:

Have you even made the two wing mounted energy turrets yet? Because I can't see them.

Also what type of sub-light propulsion does it have? I know that it isn't rockets or jets but other than that you gave me nothing.

One more thing, how big is it? I mean what are its dimensions?

Comment

X-512 Adder

Description
                              A gate capable fighter, the hull of the ship is made of a trinium-titanium-aluminum alloy wraped in carbon fiber composite for added strength.

Dimensions
                              18 foot ring that fits through gate with 1 foot all around of clearence of gate.
                              Armerment
                              2 light pulse laser cannons
                              1 light rail gun

Armor
                              Covered with easily replacable tiles that help absorb some of the energy from enegry weapons
                              Shield Generator

Engines
                              Main engine is on the ring which is a tauri-asgard mix developed by the scientists of earth.
                              Secondary engine on platform

Crew
                              1 pilot

Other notes
                              The platform can break way from the ring in emergency.
                              Can land on flat surfaces with use of internal landing gear, although in hangars it uses a special landing pad that holds it securely in place.
                              To componsate for the lack of visiblility, a powerful radar/sensor/camera package is instaled at various points on the ship for complete visibility. The pilot wheres a helemt that has a HUD and allows him to see in 360 degree shpere.
                              Not hyperspace capable(it goes throught the gate!)
                              X-512 Adder

Spoiler:

Background
                              A ship that quickly and easily be deployed and operate off world and in space was need to help support ground troops and achieve air supremecy. The designers designed this fighter which goes through the stargate with one foot of spare room to fit throught the gate. It has proven its self as an excelent space combat adn atmosphereic fighter, but it is not the best of ground attack fighters as the whole ship must be oriented toward the ground, develpoers are working on designing a ship that has bottom mounted retcractable rail gun, but speed and manuverablility will be effected.Only once has a X-512A hit the gate as it was going through. The couse was a spike in power on the port side engine whoch caused the ship to swerve violently. Hte pilot was able to release the platform from the ring and continued throught the gate and crashlanded at the Alpha Site which the base of operations for the X-512As.
                              Last edited by Dr. Who; 29 November 2006, 04:35 PM.
                              I shot him...

in the leg...
                              I'm invulnerable!
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                                Have you even made the two wing mounted energy turrets yet? Because I can't see them.

Also what type of sub-light propulsion does it have? I know that it isn't rockets or jets but other than that you gave me nothing.

One more thing, how big is it? I mean what are its dimensions?
                                yeah i was missing somethings, ok here is the new model with the weapons incoperated --->Click Me!

And here is a picture:
                                Spoiler:

For the Dimensions:
                                the wingspan is 20 ft
                                the lenght is 20 ft
                                the depth is 5 ft

For the Engines:
                                there Asgard sublights, like the kind that use just power
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X