2 (pilot and gunner)

Power plant:
    2 Mark I Naquadah reactors
    Engines:
    1 experimental gravity drive, 2 Ion drives, 1 Mark III Naquadah hyperdrive
    Defences: Anti plasma ceramic hull, Heavy trinium plating

Armament/Weapons:
    # 6 150mm Mark II Rail guns
    # 4 Mark XI Naquadriah/Potassium High yeild anti capitol ship nuclear missiles
    # 72 High explosive, high yeild non nuclear Rockets in3 tiered drum launcher

Technical and Historical Notes:

The Dragonis fighter is in the opinion of the Asgard, jaffa, Tokra and hebridans the most impressive fighter in the galaxy. The craft on its own is superior to even the Ori fighters.
    It is the only fighter in the galaxy with full hyperspace capablity; its drives are retroengineered from Teltak class goauld ships and miniturised by the asgard at area 51 for use in this fighter.
    Its weapons array is very potent, each craft has the abiltiy to fire 4 highly powerfull nuclear missiles, each able to take out 30% of a hatak shields or destroy an area the size of Africa. In addtion it has 6 forward firing rail guns which can dispatch any fighters or small craft with reletive ease.
    Ground combat is also perfectly suitable for the craft. Since the beginig on the stargate program the death glider has been the main fighter which has been avalable for study. Since the X301 the most prized system to retroengineer was the gravity drive proulsion system. In 2013 Area 51 produced an experimental design which allows any craft to slow down rapidly and hover. essentially it becomes able to do many things a convenetional helicoper could. This ability lends itself to the craft having anti-ground troop support functions, including ground target bombardment rockets. Each rocket with a yeid of 10 blocks of C4 and fired from a three tiered fast firing drum launcher; this function has given the Ori, Jaffa and Wriath a real headache since its initiation in to the arsonell.
    The ships impressive armoury, several types of engine for different modes of combat and travel and brand new anti plasma armour technology the Dragonis fighter is quickly becoming the most feared craft in the galaxy. Its ability to run rings around other fighters and pound both capitol ships and planetary fortresses to the ground make its cost of $800m per craft well worth the expendature. As of 2015 we have 19 of these craft produced.

Spoiler:

Im trying to decide wheater or not i actually like this one
    Last edited by immhotep; 22 October 2006, 07:16 AM.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

wow, you've been busy...i really like it, unfortunately my sketch up is malfunuctioning so i can't finish off my ships
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

New ships from me:
        The sagitaris class Battlecruiser

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...d31a4f30e45195

Specs:
        Dimensions:
        Length: 594m
        Width: 183m
        Height: 72m
        Volume: 7.8 million cubic metres

Material:
        Reinforced Trinium Titanium

Power:
        4x Mark V naquadah generators

Engines:
        1x Asgard hyperspace generator
        14x sublight engines (capable of speeds upto 94% LS)

Shields:
        1x “Close in” asgard shield generator

Armour:
        10m Ionised reinforced trinium titanium.

Defensive weapons:
        6x 3rd gen railguns (4 fore, 2 aft)
        12x 1st gen gattling guns (8 top, 4 bottom)

Offensive weapons:
        40x Mark IX naquadah enhanced nuclear missiles
        24x Mark X naquadah enhanced nuclear missiles
        8x prototype Mark XI Naquadah/Potassium enhanced nuclear missiles
        7x 2nd gen TAICs (Tauri/Asgard Ion Cannons)

Fighters:
        28 F-302Es or 8 Dragonis Fighters (Use it straight away Immhotep )

Stealth:
        Stealth material
        “Holographic” active camouflage

Other:
        ECM
        ECCM
        Rings
        Asgard Beaming Tech.

Notes:
        Launch date 12th August 2022
        3 ships in building stage: Sagitaris (Britain) Tuscan (America) Cerbera(China)

Smaller than it' s counterpart the Siren Class but packed with a lot more punch.
        Using the new batch of fighters and the testbed (on a capital ship scale) for the new Mark XI nukes.
        * Some ideas borrowed from Immhotep's dragonis fighter*
        At 94% LS, this is the fastest ship ever to be made by the Tauri.
        The power of one 2nd gen TAIC is 500 million Watts or 250,000 kW, 5% of the energy output of the orbital particle cannon
        Last edited by Davidtourniquet; 22 October 2006, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
          New ships from me:
          The sagitaris class Battlecruiser

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...d31a4f30e45195

Specs:
          Dimensions:
          Length: 594m
          Width: 183m
          Height: 72m
          Volume: 7.8 million cubic metres

Material:
          Reinforced Trinium Titanium

Power:
          4x Mark V naquadah generators

Engines:
          1x Asgard hyperspace generator
          14x sublight engines (capable of speeds upto 94% LS)

Shields:
          1x “Close in” asgard shield generator

Armour:
          10m Ionised reinforced trinium titanium.

Defensive weapons:
          6x 3rd gen railguns (4 fore, 2 aft)
          12x 1st gen gattling guns (8 top, 4 bottom)

Offensive weapons:
          40x Mark IX naquadah enhanced nuclear missiles
          24x Mark X naquadah enhanced nuclear missiles
          8x prototype Mark XI Naquadah/Potassium enhanced nuclear missiles
          7x 2nd gen TAICs (Tauri/Asgard Ion Cannons)

Fighters:
          28 F-302Es or 8 Dragonis Fighters (Use it straight away Immhotep )

Stealth:
          Stealth material
          “Holographic” active camouflage

Other:
          ECM
          ECCM
          Rings
          Asgard Beaming Tech.

Notes:
          Launch date 12th August 2022
          3 ships in building stage: Sagitaris (Britain) Tuscan (America) Cerbera(China)

Smaller than it' s counterpart the Siren Class but packed with a lot more punch.
          Using the new batch of fighters and the testbed (on a capital ship scale) for the new Mark XI nukes.
          * Some ideas borrowed from Immhotep's dragonis fighter*
          At 94% LS, this is the fastest ship ever to be made by the Tauri.
          The power of one 2nd gen TAIC is 500 million Watts or 250,000 kW, 5% of the energy output of the orbital particle cannon
          good, but you can't go at 94% light speed due to time dilation
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Cool design david, thanks for using my new concepts
            Hes right you can use 94% LS; it looks a bit like an aurora class. You could say it was inspired by it..
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

"The Achilles"
              The Achilles class cruiser

Size:
              Comparable to a medium size yacht, room for crew and 5 passengers

Crew: 15 including Captain

Power Source
              -Two Naquadah Generators

Sublight Engines - Salvaged and refitted Hebridan/Serraken sublight engines located on outside wings

Hyperdrive Engines - Standard Goauld Al'kesh hyper drive

Armour & Hull
              - The Armour consists of a a light durable alloy containing Trinium,Carbon and Titanium with minute traces of Naquadah. The hull has been chemically treated to withstand heat from atmospheres. The chemical compund also serves to dissapate the energy from weapons fire sending the energy to special nodes located on the hull. The nodes then store a certain amount of the energy for backup and emergency systems and releases the rest.

Secondary Ships-To small fighters attached to the wingsfrom the outside, One standard shuttlecraft capable of holding six people comfortably, 12 escape pods in the main hull

Defenses

1. Energy Dispersal System
              2. Multiple Signal Generators
              3. jamming system

Weapons Specifications

1. The Primary weapon of the Achillesare two Plasma dual plasma turrets located the ontop and on the bottom of the ship

2. The secondary weapon system is a Missle system consisteng of 8 forward facing tubes and two aft tubes. The payload is comparable to a nuke. This system iss used to hold off the enemy while the primary weapon recharges.
              DOWNFALL- limited number of missles.(35)

Fighter Specs
              Similar to the construction to the 302
              Uses death glider cannons
              cockpit is accessible through the wing of the craft while rest of the fighter is outside

Rough 3d designs

Untitled.jpg achilles angle1.jpg

achilles angle2.jpg achilles angle3.jpg

Achilles angle4.jpg
              Last edited by TheGreatLordGeorge; 22 October 2006, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                Cool design david, thanks for using my new concepts
                Hes right you can use 94% LS; it looks a bit like an aurora class. You could say it was inspired by it..
                Yeah I could was thinking of stuff for the notes at the end. Didn't actually think of the aurora when i built it, but now you mention it there is a likeness there.

94% LS only gives you a lorentz gamma factor of 2.93, so for time dilation for every second the crew of the sagitaris measures someone else would measure 2.93seconds. It'll be very rare for the ship to go to that velocity but it's like a watch: It may say water resistant to 100 metres, doesn't mean you will dive to 100 metres, but at least you know it'll work in the shower.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus View Post
                  "The Achilles"
                  The Achilles class cruiser

Size:
                  Comparable to a medium size yacht, room for crew and 5 passengers

Crew: 15 including Captain

Power Source
                  -Two Naquadah Generators

Sublight Engines - Salvaged and refitted Hebridan/Serraken sublight engines located on outside wings

Hyperdrive Engines - Standard Goauld Al'kesh hyper drive

Armour & Hull
                  - The Armour consists of a a light durable alloy containing Trinium,Carbon and Titanium with minute traces of Naquadah. The hull has been chemically treated to withstand heat from atmospheres. The chemical compund also serves to dissapate the energy from weapons fire sending the energy to special nodes located on the hull. The nodes then store a certain amount of the energy for backup and emergency systems and releases the rest.

Secondary Ships-To small fighters attached to the wingsfrom the outside, One standard shuttlecraft capable of holding six people comfortably, 12 escape pods in the main hull

Defenses

1. Energy Dispersal System
                  2. Multiple Signal Generators
                  3. jamming system

Weapons Specifications

1. The Primary weapon is a powerful Electro magnetic pulsecapable of taking a ship without shields out in one shot. A ship with shields in two.
                  DOWNFALL- Must shut main systems offline, takes a significant time to charge

2. The secondary weapon system is a Missle system consisteng of 8 forward facing tubes and two aft tubes. The payload is comparable to a nuke. This system iss used to hold off the enemy while the primary weapon recharges.
                  DOWNFALL- limited number of missles.(35)

Fighter Specs
                  Similar to the construction to the 302
                  Uses death glider cannons
                  cockpit is accessible through the wing of the craft while rest of the fighter is outside

Rough 3d designs

[ATTACH]3306[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]3307[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3308[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]3309[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3310[/ATTACH]
                  Just a quick question, how many spaceships in the stargate universe are actually susceptible to electromagnetic pulses? My guess is not many, Probably not even human ships, because most military hardware today has to be able to withstand EMP's. So your ship may be shooting blanks.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

thansk for the advice, I changed the weapon

Comment

Name: The Artemis

Type: Long range, hyperspace capable, tactical cruiser

Technology base: Ancient/Asgard based technology

Operators: Mainly operated by humans, a few key systems are run by Asgard personnel.

Naval Classification: Battle cruiser

Hull: Ablative naquadah/trinium/carbon alloy. The alloy dissipates most of the energy produced by energy weapons providing the hull with added protection.

Decks: The Artemis has fifteen decks

Dimensions: The decks are 3.5 meters high each deck has a ventilation shaft which is one meter by one meter. The overall height is 65 meters with a length of 500 meters with a width of 165 meters.

Displacement: Eight hundred and fifty thousand metric tons.

Crew: The ship has a crew of 150 men and women, with space for 500 troops.

Craft: The Artemis carries a compliment of ten F-302s and two mid-range scouts.

Vehicles: The Artemis carries five APCs and two multiple rocket launchers.

Power plant: One ZPM with two Mark VI Naquada Generators as backups incorporated by Asgard technology.

Engines: The Artemis uses an Asgard hybrid hyperdrive capable of interstellar and intergalactic travel, after the original Ancient hyperdrive was damaged. The Artemis also has a sublight propulsion and Anti-Gravity engines.

Armament/Weapons: The Artemis contains an assortment of Ancient and Asgard weapons. Containing a small amount of Ancient Drone weapons, and fitted with Asgard Pulsed energy weapons.

Defences:
                      The Artemis is equipped with an Ancient Shield which had been slightly modified by the Asgard.

Other Technology: The Artemis is equipped with an Ancient ring transporter, Asgard beaming technology, Ancient status pods and Asgard sensors.

Technical and Historical Notes:
                      The Artemis was originally designed by the Ancients as an exploration ship, it had enhanced sensors with minimal offensive and defensive capability, and was sent to look for possible areas to set up new outposts for further exploration. The Artemis was one of the first ships to discover the race known as the Asgard, the Artemis was to be known as the first contact of races and its captain Yamar became the head of the Asgard/Ancient delegation committee and then diplomat for the “Alliance of four great races”.
                      The Artemis was used both in the Milky Way and Peragus galaxies, and helped set up part of the Stargate Network. However the Artemis then became primarily a battle cruiser against the Wraith onslaught. The Artemis’ shields were increased to allow it to be comparable to the other ships in the Ancient fleet. The original ship was partial destroyed when it was attacked by three Wraith Hive Ships while returning to an Ancient outpost. It was rebuilt and sent back into the fleet when the Ancient began to lose ground, the Artemis’ final mission was to transport a group of Ancients back to earth, however it did not make it after suffering an engine failure causing it to stranded.

It was later discovered by the Asgard while exploring the breach between the Peragus and Milky way galaxy. Finding it damaged the Asgard went about fixing the Artemis and began incorporating their technology into the ship as well. The Asgard increased the capability of the sensors and equipped the ship with beaming technology and fixed the hyperdrive engines (when I say fixed I mean they just replaced it with their equivalent), they even included their own weapons technology, originally believing the ship to be empty of drones, the Asgard found a secondary store containing a limited amount. It was given to the humans as a gift as long as they could use the ship if required.

When the original strike against the Ori was proposed it was hoped that the Artemis would be ready in time, however it still had a few glitches with the shield so was postponed. It is now being prepared to help in the assault against the Ori.

Edited
                      Last edited by fallen_arbiter; 22 October 2006, 11:26 AM.
                      Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_arbiter View Post
                        Dimensions: The decks are 3.5 meters high by three meters wide each deck has a ventilation shaft which is one meter by one meter. The overall height is 65 meters with a length of 500 meters.
                        Wait, the whole ship is only 3 meters wide? Just wanted clarification.
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

Wow that design is really cool, i like it alot. The backstroys pretty sweet and the design while a little fanwank is gd. I think that if it was kept as an ancient exploration ship and then retrofitted by the Asgard year later it would work better.
                          Having ancient/asgard hybrid technology makes it more fanwank, wheras if you had a baseline ancient exploration vessel that was damaged and reclaimed by the Asgard years later; retrofitted with their own shields and weapons and hyperdrive and given back to the humans as a kind of gift or something then we would still have a powerful ship but not in the obvious super combo of advanced technology kind of way.
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                            Wait, the whole ship is only 3 meters wide? Just wanted clarification.
                            Well thats the Ancients for you.

Thank you for pointing that out will change it now.
                            Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_arbiter View Post
                              Well thats the Ancients for you.

Thank you for pointing that out will change it now.
                              No problem, apparently that's my forte, pointing out what amounts to clerical errors and typos.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                                No problem, apparently that's my forte, pointing out what amounts to clerical errors and typos.
                                Never read my posts, im sure there a millions!
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X