Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just gave a bunch of green to all the people posted in this page, I would like some green in return.
    Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Here's another of my attempts at a ship model... it is very rough so don't laugh too hard, you might hurt yourself.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...27e4447ae7d16b

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
        This is my new X-306 Phoenix Class Warship, I just finished it in sketchup and it is my first sketchup drawing. I dont have a sheet with all of the specs yet but im working on it.

What you think?
        That's really good, that thing is huge.
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

At least your trying
          Its ok, its just a bit blocky, try to use the standard shapes less, or start off with them and then cut bits away before you push/pull..
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
            That's really good, that thing is huge.
            Yes, it was the largest ship that race had ever made. Well it was until the Ori's followers came then they had to build a bigger type of ship to get everyone off their planet... but that's another story for another time, and board.

I am working on two models from my 2D collection but don't expect them soon.

Comment

Forgive my ineptatude or laziness but there is a load of pages on this so what is this thread if someone could give me some idea.
              Chears

Comment

We design our own starships on this page. Specifically we design them for a Stargate setting most times with a background for their developement and who developed them. recently we've been using google sketch-up to make 3D models of our ships.

Basically, we design ships and then talk about them and how well they are designed.

Comment

Anyone wanna comment on my newest creation the "harmony" class. (2 pages before hand if anyone wants a look)

Comment

i just came upon a great idea where we have an awards or ranking for some of the best desgins in the thread, you could post your best desgins, or have a comp, or vote for a couple of designs not including your own
                    ]

Comment

SSC-156
                      History: The SSC-156 was built in 2046 to originally serve as Troop transport ship until some last minute changes made it an interstellar cruiser. Bigger than an Alkesh by 2 times, the ship is armed with railguns, missiles, and an Alkesh's weapons for greater firepower. The ship has Asgard shields and a Trinium hull for its defences. its 1st mission was to attack a Lucian Alliance base. it encountered 2 Hatak and won. It then proceded to blow up the base. When it returned home, it landed at the newly constructed spaceport for people to go to other planets.
                      Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Well I though I come and post little design have been working on. At the moment not really sure what it is going to be but I though it look light a smaller version and majorly different version of the Orion, I thought a scout ship or may be the ancient version of a cruiser.

I know a long way to go with the model and a lot of detail to add but what do you guys think of it.

I will hopfully be updating my angle ship in the next few days.

Comment

So can anyone post a design does it have to be 3d animation and stuff? Or can it be a sketch at first?
                          Chears
                          Oh and knowels looking good with that model must take ages to do that stuff.
                          Last edited by Zeus; 20 October 2006, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus View Post
                            So can anyone post a design does it have to be 3d animation and stuff? Or can it be a sketch at first?
                            Chears
                            Well basically it can be anything. It can handdrawen sketch or a drawing done in paint or similar programme,
                            People seemed to be useing google sketchup which is a basic 3d programme that allow you to do 3d pictures, not to sure about animations through. I am currently useing maya 7.0, but as soon as I can be upgrading to 8.0 but people have been useing blender which free, but quite difficult to master, also 3d max and loads of others which you have to pay for.

People often just post a spec sheet on the ship. which is just a basic design lay out and give you a idea of what sought of it is. but some people just post history of the vessel first , like I did with my angle design.

immotep have wrote a much detail explanation here.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...66#post5883166

hope to see a design of yours soon.

Comment

Hi thanks for the info I have a few basic ideas but never really gave much thought to specifics like you guys obviously have. I really like 3d animation and stuff and was going to do a uni course on it but that fell through probs due to people telling me that the best way is to learn by yourself or over time gets your creatvivty goig. I the did a day at Escape studios and they had really good equipment I think maya 8.0 but for some reason I just couldnt get it down mayb it was the teacher and getting to ennoyed at myself. Iv always been interested in it and my dad has never let me live it down lol. I think I may give some thoughts of revising some of the older deisgns to fit in with the Sg universe and the specifics you guys have set.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                                Well I though I come and post little design have been working on. At the moment not really sure what it is going to be but I though it look light a smaller version and majorly different version of the Orion, I thought a scout ship or may be the ancient version of a cruiser.

I know a long way to go with the model and a lot of detail to add but what do you guys think of it.

I will hopfully be updating my angle ship in the next few days.
                                you could do like a mini aurora class, you could compact the centre of it and keep the front the same
                                ]

Comment

Working...
                                X