This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet
    Ok smart arse how do you make a dome without getting all those funky bits coming out.
    Pretty much the same method used to make a sphere, only instead of making of making a smaller vertical circle, you make a half circle.

Comment

Originally posted by cooky
      Well done Imhotep! And thanks for the kudows.

Hopefully this will inspire some new blood to get into the ship designing gig. You can never have to many designers, in my personal onion.

A teaser (I like doing teasers, if y'all haven't noticed) of my 305 redesign:

how do you get that effect on your ship, ive been thinkin of doing something like taht for a while
      ]

Comment

doble post

Comment

soz
          ]

Comment

Originally posted by rosstaylor
            how do you get that effect on your ship, ive been thinkin of doing something like taht for a while
            What effect are you curious about?

Comment

Cooky uses blender, not gs. Not sure if you knew that. o_0

Comment

Im bored on a saterday evening, someone post something cool
                if anyone has any spec's or ships they would like filled out or added too or anything just post and ill help k

I need a new project...
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                  Im bored on a saterday evening, someone post something cool
                  if anyone has any spec's or ships they would like filled out or added too or anything just post and ill help k

I need a new project...
                  Something new? Develop a full Goa'uld Battle group. Said battle group shall have both shown and fanmade vessels. I've been meaning to do both a Goa'uld one and an Asgard one, but haven't had the time.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                    Something new? Develop a full Goa'uld Battle group. Said battle group shall have both shown and fanmade vessels. I've been meaning to do both a Goa'uld one and an Asgard one, but haven't had the time.
                    Well if you're doing an Asgard one feel free to use the Walter Harriman class, even though it was mostly a joke.
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Athens Crusier

12,986ft
                      Weapons: Heavey rail guns and Nukes lasers long range stingers CWIS guns,m Mini guns,
                      Tech: Hybrid tech of Asgar Hyman and ancent
                      Hull: trinium, Titanium, carbon, Naquida
                      Power source: Cold fusin and Super naquida Power generators
                      USED be : USAF USN USA USMC

Comment

Originally posted by Davesg-43
                        Athens Crusier

12,986ft
                        Weapons: Heavey rail guns and Nukes lasers long range stingers CWIS guns,m Mini guns,
                        Tech: Hybrid tech of Asgar Hyman and ancent
                        Hull: trinium, Titanium, carbon, Naquida
                        Power source: Cold fusin and Super naquida Power generators
                        USED be : USAF USN USA USMC
                        Dear God, that's a massive ship! That thing wouldn't even need weapons, just use it like a battering ram.
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982
                          Dear God, that's a massive ship! That thing wouldn't even need weapons, just use it like a battering ram.
                          yeah but what if fighters atack, the shipncant just ram them

Comment

Since when have fighters ever shown the firepower needed to take down shields?

Comment

Originally posted by Davesg-43
                              yeah but what if fighters atack, the shipncant just ram them
                              If it did though, that thing wouldn't feel it. So what is the purpose of the Athens, judging from the size I'd have to go with planetary invasion.

Comment

Profile of the LA attack fleet:
                                The Lucian allience are a coalition of the worst criminal force in the galaxy banded together under a single flag, lead by netan and then numerous seconds. The Lucian allience took advantage of the Jaffa/tauri defeat of the goauld more than any other singular group in the galaxy, as a unit they have siezed areas of the galaxy and a fair portion of the goauld's remaining fleet.
                                the goauld ships they have siezed have made them a worthy opponant and if it were not for the Ori keeping them in check they would in all likelyhood challenging earth forcefully.
                                The Tauri and the Lucian allience are officially at war and we know it is only a matter of time before they strike, we can only hope it is not with the Ori in tow.
                                Scout ship scans at a remote ship building plant owned by the former first prime of Sokar turned 3rd in the lucian allience's hiarachy of power revealed to us just what was coming.

Report concerning LA activity delivered from Cloaked scout ship via subspace to SGC.
                                The lucian allience have gathered the full force of their fleet at a single location, there are 18 hatak class attack vessels, 39 alkesh class mid range bombers and a sizeable fleet of death glider class fighters. scans indicate other smaller vessels, in all likelyhood goauld teltak or dropship vessels are also present around the planets second mood.
                                the fleet of hataks is divided in to three battlegroups of 6 hatak; 13 alkesh and 20 squadrens of gliders per battlegroup.
                                Preliminary scans have shown that industrial activity has halted on the planet, which may indicate readyness to launch.
                                Surgest preparations be made for the defence of earth. Scout ship gamma out.

Ok this is just a little thing im going to play with, im just gonig to do a battle about the LA attacking earth, not fanfic but just somethign to do i guess, it might not be that great!
                                sigpic
                                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                                Stargate : Genesis |
                                Original Starship DesignThread
                                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X