This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jds1982
    I have a starship idea, it's not a human ship, and not particularly original, but here goes. It's an Asgard light cruiser. It uses the same hull configuration as an O'Neill class, but is only about a quarter the size of an O'Neill, so around the size of a Daedalus class ship. Because it is so much smaller it only uses one neutrino-ion generator. Obviously the weapons and shields are not quite up to the power of an O'Neill class, but are sufficient for most engagements. And like most Asgard ships it has fancy doohickeys and gizmoes.
    With the Beliskner class reaching its operational age limit and the defeat of the replicators, the Asgard high command realized that a new type of ship would be needed to patrol their territory. Obviously most conflicts could be resolved without the enormous firepower an O'Neill could bring to bear, in fact usually the Asgard simply needed to make an appearance and resistance ended. So the Asgard decided to go small (but not too small, we all know the Asgard need their legroom). Being the pragmatists they are, and also a rather uncreative bunch, the Asgard simply took the specs for an O'Neill and sized them down, the design process took all of 30 seconds. Thus the Walter Harriman class light cruiser was born. Why name a ship after Walter you ask, well why the hell not?
    Not taking the threat of the Ori seriously, and being otherwise engaged in fixing their pesky reproduction problems (of course it's a problem, how do you tell a male Asgard from a female Asgard? They have no idea either!), but still needing to offer token assisstance to their Tau'ri allies, the Asgard high command dispatched a Walter to take part in the battle at the supergate. Having not told anyone of the Tau'ri that they had designed a new starship class, the Asgard commander of the ship had to field fairly annoying queries from both humans and Jaffa. Questions like, "why is your ship so small?", or "Isn't an O'Neill class ship supposed to be like five times the size of a Hatak?" Unfortunately before the Asgard commander could answer these queries the supergate opened, and ..well you know the rest.
    Hehe, I like this, made me laugh. Though am I the only one who thinks Camelot's scalling was actually pretty accurate?

Comment

im right there with you. so what did you think of my med ship

Last edited by Aroura-Gate; 30 September 2006, 08:58 PM.

Comment

so what do you guys think

Comment

congrats to whom ever gets post 2000 and sorry for the tripple post and to 2000 posts and to 2000 more!

Comment

I congradulate myself for this post... I'll edit in something appropriate later.

Comment

daryl you got the honour of the OSDT 2000th post! you deserve it, edit in something AMAZING

Zake the columbia looks great btw, it fits in with the show's vessels really well.
              I like the med ship but have no idea why its that big, unless we are planning to give full medical care to every galaxy and every person simultaneously..
              Last edited by immhotep; 01 October 2006, 02:06 AM.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Im really not happy now my guide to ship design has fell flat in my pursuit of the perfect 5000th post. its over the limit of 12000 characters now so itll be a double post ! stupid limits! dont they know people have things to say
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                11000! green me

Comment

Spoiler:

A Lucian Alliance Ha'tak gives the Thor a bad day. I know you shouldn't be able to see the shields like that, but that's the only way I could do it. And it looks pretty cool.

Ha'tak model by Grzegorz Wereszko.
                  Last edited by ZakeD; 01 October 2006, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD
                    Spoiler:

A Lucian Alliance Ha'tak gives the Thor a bad day. I know you shouldn't be able to see the shields like that, but that's the only way I could do it. And it looks pretty cool.

Ha'tak model by Grzegorz Wereszko.
                    wow that looks really good! where can i get that ha'tak model? and how did you do the shield effect?
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
                      wow that looks really good! where can i get that ha'tak model? and how did you do the shield effect?
                      Thanks! You can download the Ha'tak at scifi-meshes.com. It's in .3ds format, so while in googlesketch you go to file, import, and select the file. If anybody wants me to I can ask the creator of the model if they mind if I put it on 3d warehouse, since when you import it it comes without textures, and I've done textures in googlesketch.

As for the shield, you go to materials, library, assorted, and select pool water. Then click edit material, set the opacity to about 40, and change the color to whatever you want. Then make a sphere and apply the edited pool water texture.

Comment

yes how do you do the shield effect! and could do please put one on the leviathon i tried by failed! the model can be downloaded, link is a few pages back. There coudl be actually battles come from this ZakeD
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

I can also put the shield on 3d warehouse, so people can just download it and edit the color and size and stuff.

Comment

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...f5cb3d70e612fd

Here's the shield.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD
                              thanks alot...as immhotep said we could effectivly create battle scenes now, if we had the wraith ships that is
                              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

check out my new models on sketch up

rail gun http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...e8315a03b465bd

daedalus class http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...03b82e8efe2c0a

the daedalus took an obscene amount of time, feel free to edit it as it could be improved on the exteriror.

i'm currently working on a aurora class to similar standards if u want to help out here is an older model

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...89c5a1529a69c3

cheers
                                ]

Comment

Working...
                                X