Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He uses bryce. I'd like to see it looking more realistic, but I don't think you can get that effect in sketchup. The only way I could get it looking really good is if I had someone convert it to another program and texture it there.

Comment

Yeah the program has limitations, for me personally those limitation arent a problem because my abilitie is lacking, most of us have had paint drawings for years, sketchup may not be flash but take a look back through this thread and the quialty has gone up 500%. Besides cooky and JRPR no one models, sketchup really has upped the talents of the designers in this thread; Im a perfect example of that, ive never modelled, not even paint yet i have been designing ships for, well i was the first designer on GW in reallity so for along time! too long! the leviathon is my first model and im fine with that. Asking for more than we can do is something i find annoying, if we could do it we would, we care about the designs, sometimes its just not possible.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
        ...Asking for more than we can do is something i find annoying, if we could do it we would, we care about the designs, sometimes its just not possible.
        I apologize for my annoyance and anything else I may have said that was disrespectful.
        sigpic

Comment

Its not insulting, its just asking too much, if we could make them better we would, understand that we have spent alogn time refining designs, if they could be better they would be. Accepting that and not stating the obvious would be nice, we know they are not scifiworld quality, if you can find us textures that we can use then we will use them but we cant do something that the program cant. Or at least i cant.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by unknown.entity
            I apologize for my annoyance and anything else I may have said that was disrespectful.
            You weren't annoying me. I took it as a compliment. The "I reckon it would look awesome" part and all.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD
              You weren't annoying me. I took it as a compliment. The "I reckon it would look awesome" part and all.
              It was intended to be one.

Its not insulting, its just asking too much, if we could make them better we would, understand that we have spent alogn time refining designs, if they could be better they would be. Accepting that and not stating the obvious would be nice, we know they are not scifiworld quality, if you can find us textures that we can use then we will use them but we cant do something that the program cant. Or at least i cant.
              Oh right, I see what you mean now.

Anyway, all the models so far are very good looking. You guys are quite talented.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by unknown.entity
                Anyway, all the models so far are very good looking. You guys are quite talented.
                I don't know about that. I'm not very talented. But thanks. xD Oh..and whats that picture in your profile? It looks a little like that Asgard in Revelations.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD
                  I don't know about that. I'm not very talented. But thanks. xD Oh..and whats that picture in your profile? It looks a little like that Asgard in Revelations.
                  Yes, you're right. It's a fan made picture of that 30,000 year old Asgard ancestor found in 'Revelations'.

If only I could use custom avatars...

Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

its very cool picture, i can see the asgard reverting to that
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

wow you guys are realy good at modeling i cant even figure out google sketchup but anyways gj there all pretty sweet
                      Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
                      Through passion, I gain strength.
                      Through strength, I gain power.
                      Through power, I gain victory.
                      Through victory, my chains are broken.
                      The Force shall free me.

WEIR: Rodney, if the hive opens up on us, I want Orion's drones.

SHEPPARD: Which means we're gonna need the hyperdrive to get in position.

McKAY: Which means we'll need shields, which means you want everything!

SHEPPARD: I like everything! Can we do it or not?

McKAY (sarcastically): Well, don't get up! (He clicks his fingers at one of the crew.) Shields!

Comment

We Try.
                        All Fear the Triff

Comment

0_o Okay then..

Spoiler:

Small update on the Abydos. Everything look okay..?

Comment

Another technology concept.

How about a ship that projects a shield to protect a large number of friendly ships and fighters.

The ship is shaped like an umbrella, with a long thin structure that braches into 6 shield projector 'arms' that curve gently backwards. At the end of the thin main structure, opposite the shield projectors, is located a very large bulge that contains a powerful reactor.

The ship projects a powerful energy shield that dissipates enemy energy weapons fire and deflects and destroys enemy projectiles, missiles and fighters. Powered by a reactor much larger than those of ordinary ships, and with little other systems to use up energy, the shields power output is enormous.
                            The shield projected by this ship is always visible when activated, rather than just being visible when hit

The ship can also use it's shield as a weapon by projecting a rippling wave of energy at an enemy fleet that will cause damage as though they had hit a stationary shield.

The ship can use it's artificial gravity generators in combat too, using it to push enemy ships away from it or pull them into the shield.

Comment

oo i hade an idea about that ages ago; it was basicly a ship that could link together using formations and combine the shield output and protect a much wider area.
                              i think using formations is the next thing we will do. ( in fact mental note, us formations in next fleet battle)
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

oo i hade an idea about that ages ago; it was basicly a ship that could link together using formations and combine the shield output and protect a much wider area.
                                i think using formations is the next thing we will do. ( in fact mental note, us formations in next fleet battle)
                                Combining shield power. Good idea

In fact, you've just given me another one

How about support ships that are essentially just floating reactors that use microwave beams to transmit power to ships around them. Combat ships could combine shields, and have the power ships to give them additional energy to help their shields recharge quicker and absorb more damage.

Comment

Working...
                                X