Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My photobucket messed up, so I had to reupload pictures of my naglfar class.
    Spoiler:

Fixed some mistakes as well. I'm probably gonna do my Columbia class carrier next..but I still can't figure out what to do for the control tower.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD
      My photobucket messed up, so I had to reupload pictures of my naglfar class.
      Spoiler:

Fixed some mistakes as well. I'm probably gonna do my Columbia class carrier next..but I still can't figure out what to do for the control tower.
      thats a great looking ship, does it have specs?
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Lvoe the ship ZakeD its really cool, i would also like to see the specs, ill post the Leviathons soon but theyve been a common feature in the fleet thread for a while so its not that hard to find them if your interested.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Its 1578 Meters long, 1257 meters wide, 600 meters tall. Thats all I really have. Its slightly stronger than an O'neill class.

Comment

I love the new ship designs!
            If anyone wants to have better looking renders (pics), let me know and I can convert your GoogleSketch models to 3ds Max with SketchUp pro and take some nice shots for you. This should really help boost the progress in making an entirely galaxy worth of 3d ships.
            Oh snap. You're reading a really old post.

Comment

Ill take you up that.
              Im going to upload my most recent model of the Leviathon in a few minutes, get it off the warehouse and play about, ill look forward to seeing what you can do with it, GS is limited in textures to say the least.

Here you go:
              http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...e10f55c8412377
              Anyone who takes a look at the model is welcome to change it or make it better Just make sure i see the results at some point.

P.S.
              Check out the rail gun emplacements, there pretty cool, each one has 6 different individual guns of different calibres; im trying to make it detailed but the texturing suchs so its quite hard, WTFOwned good luck
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              11000! green me

Comment

You know you can add textures, right? Anyway, I like the ship Immhotep.
                Last edited by ZakeD; 12 September 2006, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Here's what I have so far, this is with no lightning effects or texturing. I deleted your backdrop so that it would be transparent:
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Wow!, nice to see so much new work in the last few days. My latest has been delayed, unfortunatelly. I can't get the forward section to work. Hopefully It'll be up in a couple days.

Originally posted by ZakeD
                    Its 1578 Meters long, 1257 meters wide, 600 meters tall. Thats all I really have. Its slightly stronger than an O'neill class.
                    That's actually about 3 times the size, or more, of an O'Niell class.

In the first episode we saw an O'Niell, it was shown to be smaller than a Beliskner. I'd guess 1/2 to 3/4 the size. Of corse, the second time we saw one, in prometheus, it seamed to be massive compared to the Promy, though not that big. Then in Camelot, it was about the same size as a Daedalus.

Comment

Originally posted by cooky
                      That's actually about 3 times the size, or more, of an O'Niell class.

In the first episode we saw an O'Niell, it was shown to be smaller than a Beliskner. I'd guess 1/2 to 3/4 the size. Of corse, the second time we saw one, in prometheus, it seamed to be massive compared to the Promy, though not that big. Then in Camelot, it was about the same size as a Daedalus.
                      I didn't say longer, I said stronger. But from what I can tell the O'neill is larger than 1578.

Comment

Here is my new design:

Comment

Looks like a really big and well though out photo manip. The proportions look wrong so it doesn't appear to be something you modeled.

Anyways, here's a new pic of the Asis. Finally got the textures from Halo looking good (better than they do on my piece of crap PC)
                          Spoiler:

Comment

haydn1000 I have to say that your ship looks cobbled together, like you took pictures of every earth ship shown so far in the show and then pieced them together. While it shows that you are really good at manipulating picture graphics it just doesn't seem to be a very good ship design to me.

Also the front part seems to be a little bent compared with the rest of the vessel.

Comment

what meshes are you guys using

Comment

Here's what I have so far, this is with no lightning effects or texturing. I deleted your backdrop so that it would be transparent:
                                It looks good so far, isnt that what i had though, i can see much change, cept the background and a few of the shades are a little different. But good start, i might get Gmax and see if i can play around if this one comes out cool.
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X