This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think i've sussed out which came first out of 'Threads' and 'Citizen Joe'

Theres been a lot of talk on the internet about which episode came first, 'Citizen Joe' or 'Threads'. On my DVD 'Citizen Joe' is the episode before 'Moebius' but i feel this is wrong. Heres my reason...

Spoiler:
    In 'Citizen Joe' Jack tells Sam over the phone...
    CARTER (over phone): How about Monday morning?
    O’NEILL: No, I have a thing with someone from CIA, a Johnson someone or other. It’s about that whole Kinsey thing.

Well, in 'Threads', Kerry's last name is Johnson and she is from CIA. Whay would Jack be meeting up with Kerry after he broke up with her and why would he say 'a Johnson someone or rather', if it was Kerry he was talking about.

Thats my reasoning behind why 'Threads' came after 'Citizen Joe' and that the episode order on the DVD is a mistake.

Did that make ANY sense????
    Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
    Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
    Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

It's possible, but they were trying to keep what they had together quiet, and O'neill knows how smart Carter is, so he could of just been trying to throw her off the scent.

Comment

I agree with Sam_Carter. In Citizen Joe it seems like the writers are just introducing Kerry for later episodes. Also, in the original airing, I remember Citizen Joe coming before Threads.
      Just because my reproductive organs are on the outside instead of the inside... God! That's horrible! Who would say that?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha Carter
        I agree with Sam_Carter. In Citizen Joe it seems like the writers are just introducing Kerry for later episodes. Also, in the original airing, I remember Citizen Joe coming before Threads.
        You're correct. The DVD box set I own has the episodes in the proper order but it would appear as though the new release is messed up.

timdalton007

Comment

Actually yeah she is right, I remember when I watched Citizen Joe it was episode 15, I wasn't quite sure what she ment at first, but then I saw her location and she's from the uk, so I found the uk boxset and sure enough there is was.
          For some reason it's episode 18, but this site has correctly listed it after 'Full Alert'.
          http://www.loaded247.com/s/R1_DVD/id...SG-1_Season_8/

Comment

This doesn't require deductive reasoning. Just go to the Sci-Fi website and look at the episode list. Citizen Joe takes place immediately before Reckoning.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
              This doesn't require deductive reasoning. Just go to the Sci-Fi website and look at the episode list. Citizen Joe takes place immediately before Reckoning.
              And reckoning takes place immediately before threads.

Best Stargate quote:
              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
              Green is your friend.

Comment

...and how is that relevant to discussing where Citizen Joe fits into the chronology?
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Because in threads,
                  Spoiler:
                  Jack gets caught having an affair with Johnson
                  Just trying to explain the proper chronology.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

Of course CJ comes first. For the reasons already stated. I'm just amazed it's apparently generated discussion, when the answer is so obvious.

Also, it's clear that CJ comes immediately after Full Alert, because in CJ Daniel notes that this is the second time in two weeks that someone has invaded Jack's home. Kinsey having done it the previous week in FA:

O’NEILL: He’s a barber.
                    DANIEL: Broke into your house?
                    O’NEILL: Yeah.
                    DANIEL: Second week in a row.
                    O’NEILL: Mm-hmm.
                    DANIEL (pointedly): Alarm.
                    O’NEILL: I’m thinkin’ dog.
                    JOE: You could try locking your front door
                    What's to wonder about?

Albion
                    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                      What's to wonder about?
                      When you buy a dvd, you expect the episodes to be in the right order, the uk boxset does not have them in the right order with citizen joe as episode 18 rather than 15, that's what this is about.

Comment

The UK DVD's are in the wrong order so that Reckoning and Threads can be on the same disc since they are basically one big story.
                        "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

Originally posted by Krendoshazin
                          When you buy a dvd, you expect the episodes to be in the right order, the uk boxset does not have them in the right order with citizen joe as episode 18 rather than 15, that's what this is about.
                          that's it exactly. you think that when they bring out the DVD's they would actually bring them out in the right order, That's quite a BIG error on the DVD producer's behalf. I just think its bad that they didn't check the order before releasing the DVD's.
                          Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
                          Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
                          Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

Yey, that is totally right. On my DVD it is in that order, same as this site and as the Stargate SG-1 official site.
                            My name comes from a Greek word that means a supernatural being halfway between a god and a human being (but not a demi-god). Though I am also the master of magic. Therefore... Stargate rules!!!

Comment

Quick question, i just ordered Season 8 on DVD Region 1, i don't know if there will the correct order of episodes, can anyone tell me?

I keep my fingers crossed in getting the full threads episode....
                              Are the correct boxes available by now or do have to send the receipt to "check my rebate", because i am from germany and i don't know if that'll work.

thankfully, Janni

Comment

Working...
                              X