Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not sure why, but Ripple Effect totally redeemed season 9 and Cameron Mitchell

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure why, but Ripple Effect totally redeemed season 9 and Cameron Mitchell

It wasn't the best episode, but now season 9 seems worth watching again. At first, I was afraid that it was a redo The By the Grace of God, but it wasn't. I liked seeing all the old charators again, and Cammerain accually seemed like he was a Col. in the AF.
    I'm from Iowa, United States

Originally posted by SG-1ssm
    It wasn't the best episode, but now season 9 seems worth watching again. At first, I was afraid that it was a redo The By the Grace of God, but it wasn't. I liked seeing all the old charators again, and Cammerain accually seemed like he was a Col. in the AF.
    But sadly it is not so in all of the other eps.
    I will certainly watch RE and Prototype again... maybe Collateral Damage and some of the the next 5 eps seem like they could be good (although I could swear I have seen some of those plots before) after that I dont expect much but I am certainly not sold on a DVD set for this season. Nor am I much interested in seeing this season in re-runs.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I have to agree with AGateFan. I really liked RE, (and if you've read my other posts), but it's only one episode. There are still 7 more to go and depending on how the next two are presented, I might be still watching (and posting), I might not.

It's up to the remaining episodes, to me.

Comment

For me, "Ripple Effect" didn't do too much to sway my vote on this season. Personally, I've been enjoying almost the entire season, so I didn't feel season 9 needed any redeeming.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Welcome back to Pro-Fandom!

Comment

This episode was hilarious. Gosh the Asgard rock!
            We are followers of eternal Hathor!!

"We are the queen of the Gods, we are the mother of all Gods."

Comment

Originally posted by nodrog
              This episode was hilarious. Gosh the Asgard rock!
              Some of them certainly do.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                For me, "Ripple Effect" didn't do too much to sway my vote on this season. Personally, I've been enjoying almost the entire season, so I didn't feel season 9 needed any redeeming.
                Same here. And the whole SG-1 vs. SG-1 thing was great fun.

People complain about the lack of "team episodes". Well this was two team eps in one! :coo:

a time to mourn

Comment

I've been loving S9 despite the fact that my favorite character is no longer on the show. So I too also thought the season needed no redeaming.

Perfecto!

Comment

The first half of Season 9 was good. It wasn't excellent, but it was good. It was missing O'Niell, but I liked it. The second half of Season 9 has been excellent. O'Niell or no O'Niell, it's been great so far. I'm going to keep watching.

Comment

Black BDU Mitchell or Green BDU Mitchell?
                      Not sure about redeemed, but I wouldn't mind our SG-1 doing a Mitchell swap with theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                        Agree. All episodes with the exception of extremely boring Ex Deus Machina were very good. I don't think season 9 need any redeeming, not at all.

Comment

I thought that RE was the best episode this season. Though it wasn't enough to make me want to go and buy the season pack or anything like that. It did certainly show us a different side of the character's personality. The willingness to sacrifice others to save one's self. Somehow I don't think Jack would have liked the idea of stealing a ZPM from an alternate reality. Then there was Teal'c taking gratification from hitting Mitchell. Would our Teal'c do that? I'm not sure, I didn't think so in the past, but now I don't know. Then the willingness of closing the bridge before getting the other teams back. I think Hammond would have given everyone a little bit more time to try to figure out what was going on. I guess it's not fair for me to compare, however it is intrusting to do so.

Comment

i think it is so funny that there are people on a fourm sight who have posted over 1000 posts, watched over one hundred episodes and they are on here "debating" whether or not they are going to keep watching? i bet no matter how "bad" these people think SG 1 gets, as long as its on the air they will be watching week after week, and they will be posting week after week. Now i agree some of the episodes this season(not RE) haven't been so great, but damn!!! stop bluffing your not going to stop watching.

more on topic:
                            i think this ep did set up some interesting plot paths and personally i will be watching out for the "green" wire
                            Get YOUR P90 Here!
                            Am i alone in hoping that the Seaquest seasons with the DeLuise brothers are finally released on dvd??

Nice hair!!

Comment

Originally posted by whatswiththehairtealc
                              i think it is so funny that there are people on a fourm sight who have posted over 1000 posts, watched over one hundred episodes and they are on here "debating" whether or not they are going to keep watching? i bet no matter how "bad" these people think SG 1 gets, as long as its on the air they will be watching week after week, and they will be posting week after week. Now i agree some of the episodes this season(not RE) haven't been so great, but damn!!! stop bluffing your not going to stop watching.

more on topic:
                              i think this ep did set up some interesting plot paths and personally i will be watching out for the "green" wire
                              And you will lose that bet.

Its just like X-files. Used to never miss an ep of that show for anything.... then it was 'I will watch it if I am home' and would try to remember to tape it....then I figured what was the point of wasting the tape and only watched it if I happend to remember it was on.... then I stopped even trying to remember it was on and would only watch if I happened accross it... then often times I would come accross it and start watching and then would flip the channel mid show and never go back.... eventually I forgot it was on altoghether. In fact, I thought it had been cancelled about a year before it actually was.

Currently I find posting on this forum to be entertaining (more so then many of the actual episodes) ... Some of the eps are still pretty good RE being one of them but I am not really looking forward to anything, I have low expections and will now only watch the show "if I am at home" and "as long as there is no competition on another channel". It is free to watch after all.
                              But most likely if the eps do not regain their former quality I will move onto Stage 3 and Stage 4 and eventually stop watching. And just as eventually I will get bored posting on this forum and stop that too. So there you go, you got something to look forward too!
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                              X