This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ripple Effect Deleted Scenes

In reading the deleted scenes, time constraints seems to be the reason for leaving them out.

I think they should have been left in and the episode should have been a 90 minute one. The deleted scenes would have made the episode flow much more smoothly & not left me with unasnwered questions. References to Cassi, I feel, were essential to the character. As much as the Doctor loved Cassie, I think her first question would have been how Cassie took her death & how she is doing.

What do you all think?
    Erndog51
    ErnDog51

I had the same thought, I mean they did it for Threads and the 90 minute is a million times better than the 60 minute, I think Ripple Effect would be the same.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
      I had the same thought, I mean they did it for Threads and the 90 minute is a million times better than the 60 minute, I think Ripple Effect would be the same.
      Maybe they didnt want to have to replace peoples DVDs next year
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
        I LOVE Threads, the 90 min V.

Comment

Originally posted by erndog51
          In reading the deleted scenes, time constraints seems to be the reason for leaving them out.

I think they should have been left in and the episode should have been a 90 minute one. The deleted scenes would have made the episode flow much more smoothly & not left me with unasnwered questions. References to Cassi, I feel, were essential to the character. As much as the Doctor loved Cassie, I think her first question would have been how Cassie took her death & how she is doing.

What do you all think?
          Erndog51
          Honestly? Would have preferred the mention of Cassie instead of the umpteenth redo of Sam's love life (honeymooning, pregnant, etc.). I mean, yes, there is more to Stargate than Sam's love life

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan

Cute, real cute haha.

Perfecto!

Comment

1) Cassie was in all of three episodes; really not a very important piece of the Stargate universe.

2) I seriously doubt that there was an extra 22 minutes worth of footage shot for the episode. Reading the deleted scenes, it looks like there's less than ten minutes, maybe less than five.

And that leads us to ...

3) While entertaining, this just wasn't a significant enough story to merit an extended-length episode.

a time to mourn

Comment

Lol, so that's the reason...

Comment

i hope they secretly put a 64 minute version in stead of the 43 one on dvds

Comment

LOL. You're on a roll today--can't green ya again.
                    I don't know about a 90 minute episode, but I would say keep the Janet stuff and dump the Martouf stuff.

Comment

Where can you read about the deleted scenes?

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedWarrior
                        Where can you read about the deleted scenes?
                        Gateworld front page in
                        http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/making/913.shtml
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

It was cool to read those deleted scenes. I totally agree about the Cassie stuff. It should have been left in. Still, it is cool to see that tptb did consider it. I'm sure it must be very painful for them at times during the editing process.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                              It was cool to read those deleted scenes. I totally agree about the Cassie stuff. It should have been left in. Still, it is cool to see that tptb did consider it. I'm sure it must be very painful for them at times during the editing process.
                              So the deleted scenes were actually shot? I wish they would be included on the DVD set in October.

Comment

Working...
                              X