This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Replicators - Enough Already?

AS much as I USED to like the replicators, I'm a bit tired of them. Let's see some fresh ideas. Enough already!

Hear! Hear! I mean; can we get a clear victory for once? Seriously.

End of New Order pt2 The spider ship was sweet, I must say; BUT it would have looked better in the crosshairs of that weapon O'Neill ginned up.

Fire the damn weapon before it took off, and find Sam dazed and a bit battered but very much alive in a big heap of un-bonded replicator blocks.
    Well, that was an assload of blocks...are they heavy <??>, maybe in a capsule or suspension chamber, whatever.

Replicators DONE. It was a good story line...loved their evil constructs...but done.

I admit the reps were a necessary and very cool plot device to hold the Asgard in check to answer the "Well why dont the Asgard just wipe out the Goa'ould?" If, with the reps done the Asgard could start returning some favors and make the goa'ould the tau'ri's _itch.
    "Let's make it TEN. Ten's a nice...round...number..." -- Morty

Comment

I think the reps are good but they shouldn't last forever
      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by SG1TOM
        AS much as I USED to like the replicators, I'm a bit tired of them. Let's see some fresh ideas. Enough already!
        No!

With RDA probably not coming back for a season 9, we need storylines to CLOSE! New Order was an excellent way to take care of the replicators.
        sigpic

Comment

Nooooooo! I like the Replicators and I'm glad they're back for S8! Besides, they have to close the story line.
          Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
          O'Neill: Who doesn't?
          - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
          - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
          once done, cannot be undone...
          brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Glad that the replicators are back again? Yes but I wouldn't like to see them recurring as much as the Gou'ald. One or two times a season is more than enough
            __

__

Comment

Heh, this thread could also be called, "The Goa'uld - Enough Already?", they are the main bad guys, and although we have defeated alot of them, they are in more episodes than the Replicators. So if your asking for fresh episodes, you can argue we need a new big enemy to replace both the Goa'uld and the Replicators, since now, the Replicators are becoming more deadlier than the Goa'uld, oh wait, they always had.
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Well, I think the Gou'ald have made themselves common. But I guess there are ones that could have gone quicker
                __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                  Well, I think the Gou'ald have made themselves common. But I guess there are ones that could have gone quicker
                  Thats exactly what i mean, the Replicators were practically only the side-enemy the whole time since they were introduced, so they weren't the main problem we have been having, so how could they be 'over used' already compared to the Goa'uld?

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                    So if your asking for fresh episodes, you can argue we need a new big enemy to replace both the Goa'uld and the Replicators, since now, the Replicators are becoming more deadlier than the Goa'uld, oh wait, they always had.
                    See: Stargate: Atlantis
                    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                    once done, cannot be undone...
                    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I like the replicators. But only if they return to the cool ships they used to have

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                        I like the replicators. But only if they return to the cool ships they used to have
                        Those were asgard ships, weren't they?

Besides. I like them being self reliant when travelling through space.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                          See: Stargate: Atlantis
                          The problem is, we are talking about SG1 But yah, i'm not sure what i said even related to what your talking about, haha...

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                            Those were asgard ships, weren't they?

Besides. I like them being self reliant when travelling through space.

I haven't seen any Asgard vessels with beam weapons. There's no proof they're Asgard.

Comment

Which ships are we talking about? The one in New Order? or the ones in the past?

Comment

Working...
                              X