Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We may actually get less of her in a sense as a regular than as a guest star. As a guest star whole episodes would revolve around her, but as a regular she might have to share the episodes more. Wishful thinking perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
      Yeah, but the example you, who merely spent a month in Iraq, should have more information than those who studied the solid info, according to your ideas. It would seem that you agree with me that SOLID info is what counts.
      Yep. Solid info about CURRENT SITUATION counts.

The best thing would be to combine whatever info the SGC got, and whatever current events info Vala got.

There's no plausible way Vala's going to get SOLID info while she's lying low amongst the ignorant population of the Ori galaxy.
      We don't know that this is what's happening in Ori-land, unless you have a spoiler source. I haven't looked at the spoilers for Crusade or Camelot.

Meanwhile, the SGC is being fed useful information by an Ancient (the connections within the enemies' lair, so to speak),
      Who's probably going to disappear after The Fourth Horseman Part 2

and will likely (especially in the finale) be gaining yet more Ancient info on the Ori.
      AFTER Vala's return and potential briefing with the SGC. Who knows, maybe it's Vala who leads them to the info or whatever.

Anyone who's read the spoilers, just give a no/yes answer to this if it's not true.

Vala could provide information on the Lucian Alliance, but since they appear so rarely as it is, that alone can't justify 20 epsiodes of full time status.
      I wouldn't rule them out just yet. We don't know what's gonna happen with them.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
        Yep. Solid info about CURRENT SITUATION counts.
        And what will she get that Daniel hasn't already seen first hand outside of the fact they're sending ships full of angry warriors to attack us?

The best thing would be to combine whatever info the SGC got, and whatever current events info Vala got.
        So we combine the SGC (Ori split from Ancients, Priors are genetically enhanced, and how to beat Ori plague) with Vala (the people are still ignorant of what's really going on and there's a bunch of angry people on the way who want to kill you). Her role in the finale will fit, but she's useless past that.

We don't know that this is what's happening in Ori-land, unless you have a spoiler source. I haven't looked at the spoilers for Crusade or Camelot.
        Check Gateworld if you're interested in the bigger spoilers.

Who's probably going to disappear after The Fourth Horseman Part 2
        After leaving us with useful information. I wonder if he'll die for real in some self-sacrifice for the greater good or just get re-ascended again.

AFTER Vala's return and potential briefing with the SGC. Who knows, maybe it's Vala who leads them to the info or whatever.

Anyone who's read the spoilers, just give a no/yes answer to this if it's not true.
        Vala's not leading them anywhere.

I wouldn't rule them out just yet. We don't know what's gonna happen with them.
        Nothing to justify 20 episodes unless TPTB decide to abandon the Ori and turn the Lucian Alliance into the main bad guys, which is also an excellent method for jumping sharks.
        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Well, if we need spoiler info to debate this point, then I'm out.

Eitherway, I won't rule anything out until I've seen Crusade and Camelot.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
            Well, if we need spoiler info to debate this point, then I'm out.

Eitherway, I won't rule anything out until I've seen Crusade and Camelot.
            Totally understandable.
            Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Oh please, the program would be boring with out her. Vala rules, Mitchell's the boring one

Comment

The vala/daniel banter is fantastic.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

I love Vala so much and I can't wait till she actuall gets that SG-1 patch!
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Margie G
                    Oh please, the program would be boring with out her. Vala rules, Mitchell's the boring one
                    That's hardly a justification for her membership on the team. And the show was entertaining for 8 years without her, so your statement holds false.

It would seem that my observations and expectations came about. Vala remains without a valid justification for being on the team.
                    Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

I agree she is a funny character but doesn't really offer anything great, yeh she has knowlegde of the galaxy but thats not good enuff to join the team!!
                      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Working...
                      X