• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too right. Nothing is simple nowadays!
    __

__

Comment

I think the names should run the path that their currently on. Using the names of greek gods/or mythical creatures.

My list

Pegasus
      Athen
      Minerva

Spoiler Space
      ****** USE IT *******
      SFA rank - Sgt-At-Arms

To find out more vist the FAQ

Cry havoc, and let slip the dogma of war!

Comment

I like those names, although I doubt they will be named those
        __

__

Comment

Howabout the Christian Patheon? They always get the shaft when naming things

Comment

Cool name, I like it
            __

__

Comment

Name a ship after Thor. Come on, he already named two ships after members of SG-1, let's repay that little tidbit
              Thor: The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur.

Comment

There have been several USAF officers killed in the line of duty from the other SG teams during these past seven seasons, correct? I would say that one of them would most likely be choosen first in the RW.

Living life in the "other" Vancouver.

Comment

The Janet Frasier. Sounds interesting.

Even though there have been several occasions when SGC has lost members I don't think that automatically entitles them to getting a ship named after them. Usually if they name them after humans, they are of historic significance. Presidents and those types. As cold as it may sound its the truth.

Comment

Howabout great Leaders from world History? The Napolean, The William, The Washington, The Khan, etc....

Comment

Many USAF airbases and US Navy ships (destroyers and smaller) have been named after those military members KIA. True, just getting KIA doesn't mean that you get something named after you. But if you were the first member of your organization to be KIA, that would count, as well as someone who saved a lot of others before getting KIA.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentX
                        The Janet Frasier. Sounds interesting.
                        Maybe instead of that, the Nightengale Class? As in Florence Nightengale ( revolutionized nursing and nurse practices).

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Wasn't that a ship from an episode of ST: Voyager that Harry Kim captained?
                          Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                          more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Nightengale. Yeah Harry took command, but if I recall correctly not a great job was done.

Maybe the Asgard just aren't that creative and really can't think of a better name than the Daniel Jackson.

Comment

OK, after reading the official USAF/USA/USN regulations on the naming of aerospace craft, the "Prometheus" should be a BCS-303 type spacecraft. Here "B" stands for Bomber, "C" for Transport, and "S" for Spaceplane. This BCS means that it was designed mainly as a transport, but it has major offensive and defensive weapons onboard. The "S" is added to all spaceplanes (i.e. those craft that operate mainly outside of earth atmosphere, but takes off and lands like an airplane).

Comment

Originally posted by STG-1
                                OK, after reading the official USAF/USA/USN regulations on the naming of aerospace craft, the "Prometheus" should be a BCS-303 type spacecraft. Here "B" stands for Bomber, "C" for Transport, and "S" for Spaceplane. This BCS means that it was designed mainly as a transport, but it has major offensive and defensive weapons onboard. The "S" is added to all spaceplanes (i.e. those craft that operate mainly outside of earth atmosphere, but takes off and lands like an airplane).
                                But the BC-303's aren't bombers they are Battle Cruisers.

Comment

Working...
                                X